Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone else apart from Labour?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Would you vote just to get rid of Labour? (read post 1st! plz)
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Don't Know
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:42 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Anyone else apart from Labour? Reply with quote

I've just seen another War thread and how someone hates Blair, and it got me thinking.
I really can't stand Labour-Its so annoying that they're still in office.
Right now I'm living in Hull, where its between the Lib Dems and Labour. The Conservatives don't have a chance.
I'm not a Lib Dem man at all, but im willing to vote for them locally to just to get rid of Labour (and coincedently, Prescott! yeah! Laughing )

So would you lot vote for someone you don't really normally support, if it means ousting Labour?
Opinions please

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 15:07 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i thought the alternative based on that vote would be any better, then yes I would..

my problem is, this is going to be my first time voting in England, and having been a staunch SNP voter all my life in Scotland, I really don't know who to vote for.

a

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot

PostPosted: 15:19 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five years ago it would have gone against everything I believe in to vote Tory, but now I really can't see the difference between them and Labour.

f-ck it, some one else might as well have a go
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the next election? Embarassed

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 15:55 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

To a large extent, vote for whoever is not in power but locally stands a chance of winning. Change the government every 4~5 years hopefully before any particular one manages to do too much damage.

Next best thing to hanging all of parliament is a hung parliament.

All the best

Keith

WR450_geezer
Nobody likes me

PostPosted: 16:29 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tony Blair. I think hes a good leader, just a shame hes Labour.

Conservative for me.

WR

Runaway987
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:47 - 22 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They banned smoking in public places as of next year, Thumbs Up I didnt like them because of the war but wow I just hate having to choke on other people poisonous fumes, then coming back and my clothes and hair stink. Sick

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:52 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tony blair is great at getting things done, shaking things up getting things organised but his judgement leaves a lot to be desired.

I am now starting to think that we may be safer with someone who hasnt got dodgy grand visions that cause us problems.

However Cameron is a right idiot so Im hoping we get Gordon Brown. He seems far more sensible but I could be wrong.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:14 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's not this government you disagree with it will be the next.
Joe Public will always come out worse at budget time, that's just life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 17:35 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
I think tony blair is great at getting things done,

Ok, all respect lost for you on just that one sentence.

Only part of their manifesto theyve carried out was fox hunting, and it took something like 3 years being haggled round parliament to come out with a completely unworkable and unenforceable law.

Ooooh tony, you show em.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:09 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

God i wish there was a british party that was

A.honest

B.smart

C.capable

D.And treated being a mp in britain as a great privilege and not a opportunity to make a name for themselves or fill their pockets.

There is some good mps/councillors out there but we always seem to get run by the dickheads.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

no we need change in a big way

elections have two parts:

basic pay for MPs 35K , come next election people vote on the performance of their MP , if they vote 60 percent good they get their full 90K pay , if not they only get the 35K.

recioperical surveillance and minutes taken of everything , without these this is grounds for imprisonment.
etc

will it happen no

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:13 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to write on all my future ballot cards "I don't want any of you to run the country, your all a bunch of fuckwits".

They should all be taken outside and put against the wall and let the krankies run the country they couldn't do any worse.

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:39 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kickstart should be PM.
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

a small but semi related point is that did anybody actually vote Labour come last gen election?.

I've travelled the country stopped and lived in 3 cities ridden with various groups worked in a few companies and nobody I have spoken to voted Labour , they either voted tory or lib dem.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 13:32 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Knight wrote:
I think Kickstart should be PM.

Not sure about that. I would want to put all politicians in front of a firing squad. Being the most senior one at that moment I would be first, so it would probably be a short campaign.

All the best

Keith

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:39 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:
God i wish there was a british party that was
A.honest
B.smart
C.capable
D.And treated being a mp in britain as a great privilege and not a opportunity to make a name for themselves or fill their pockets.

There probably are some perspective politicians out there that do fill those. However, generally the people won't vote for them, they'll vote for the smary sales-y one that promises the earth.

The problem to some degree seems to be with human nature. So, large scale genetic engineering for the next generation, but who shall we base it on... Smile.

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
There probably are some perspective politicians out there that do fill those. However, generally the people won't vote for them, they'll vote for the smary sales-y one that promises the earth.

They are stuck in the system the honest one's will never come through because of all the back handed dodgy deals for election funding, to get the cash they need to do dodgy deals which would then make them dishonest. Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1