Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mobile phone networks

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:13 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Mobile phone networks Reply with quote

Hi

Thinking of upgrading and Orange are not prepared to give any decent deals (I want a pda type phone).

So, any comments of network coverage for the other networks in comparison.

All the best

Keith

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for O2. They use the same satellites for calls, so coverage should be the same. Plus, there's a thread around which tells you how to get a great deal out of them, contract-wise. However it may be harder, since you would be starting a new contract, not renewing it. Tell them 'well, Orange have offered me this', and try and get them to beat it. Thumbs Up

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved from Orange to O2 and the coverage is probably about the same (round here anyway), and I've had no real problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

O2 are much better than Orange. And I've always found orange to be poor inside buildings.

Currently I am on Vodafone and very very happy with their coverage, though the CS leaves a little to be desired sometimes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:32 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am rubbish at lying at them.

O2 do the top of the range pda for £150 (which is a bit of a brick, in some ways I would prefer the smaller cheaper ones to be honest). Orange want £150 for the cheaper older units and £300 for the top of the range jobby.

All the best

Keith

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the best option then. Honestly just say Orange knocked £3 a month off your contract, and tell them you'll go with them instead if they'll match it. You're almost guaranteed they'll say yes.

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 23:35 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also give my vote to O2, seen as they have served me well (Or should that be the other way round? Confused) for quite a while now, never had a problem with coverage. I am quite unbiased when I say this because I went from Orange to Vodafone, Vodafone weren't bad but they seemed like they were penny pinching at every opportunity they could. Orange are unbelievably overpriced and expensive in my opinion, and O2 seem fairly priced, and best of all, reward their customers. Basically give a stonkingly good deal and then give you more treats if you stick with them.

And they should cover PDAs seen as they make them Thumbs Up Smile

Hope this helps Cool

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me strokes his PAYG k300i with 600 Free Minutes and 3000 free texts per month for £15.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:50 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Been with Orange for 12 years, which they seem to think means they do not have to bother giving a reasonable deal.

phantomtek wrote:

Same PDA is badged Orange as well. Made by the same company in the far east.

All the best

Keith

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 23:53 - 23 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Been with Orange for 12 years, which they seem to think means they do not have to bother giving a reasonable deal.

phantomtek wrote:

Same PDA is badged Orange as well. Made by the same company in the far east.

All the best

Keith

Ah sorry, I'm not really 'In the know' when it comes to PDAs, just when it comes to vouching for O2 Laughing

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an Orange work phone and a O2 personal one.

All i'll say is that i'm always using my personal one to make calls for work. Basements in London, rural areas and even my own house. O2 is always 2 -3 times better when Orange is lagging.

The View Askew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
/me strokes his PAYG k300i with 600 Free Minutes and 3000 free texts per month for £15.

Please tell me that /me did not come from a chat room? Shocked Laughing

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul_Trader wrote:

Laughing Toby's been geeking it up in IRC for hours! Mr. Green Middle Finger

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:34 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
Soul_Trader wrote:

Laughing Toby's been geeking it up in IRC for hours! Mr. Green Middle Finger

Only because I'm waiting for your mum to stop going senstive

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 00:39 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith

I got a O2 XDA Mini S from www.mobileshop.com, handset was free on a £30/month tariff. Clicky

It's not too much larger than my prior phone, the only thing I had to do was lose the O2 customization.

It's got built in wifi, bluetooth & a 1.3 mega pixel camera (isn't the best camera i've seen)

I use it also for sat navigation, voip etc... It kicks arse though if you've got an exchange server to connect it to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ant
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i swapped from orange to o2 and couldnt get much of a signal on my phone in my home and the area i work in, i took it back and signed up to orange!

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 24 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
i swapped from orange to o2 and couldnt get much of a signal on my phone in my home and the area i work in, i took it back and signed up to orange!

I had the same problem on O2, virtually no coverage in my house, and it was even bad when I was out and about. The only place I got good coverage was when I worked in London, other than it was poor. I'm now on T-Mobile and they've been good so far.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1