Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What's with this summer weather we are having lately?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:41 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: What's with this summer weather we are having lately? Reply with quote

It's Saturday to day an I tought I get up early and get out on the bike...........but looked outside..........forget about it Rain , is it realy worth having a bike in the garage depreciating ££££££s!! Mad

No wonder there are so many bikes for sale with such low milages, we just don't get the decent weather to use them anymore! Climate change? Thinking

Maybe it's time to sell it on Thinking , and buy scuba gear (have to learn how to swim first ) Rolling Eyes

I need a vacation or a few weeks on the sick, so everytime the sun comes out, the duration of sunshine depends on the shutter speed of the sun, usually about 0/500 sec to 5 seconds, I might get taking the bike out within that time! Cool

Yours, Victor Meldrew!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ( 1 foot in the grave)

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone here in Spain has nicked it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 13:42 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

use it as your sole transpot!! a little rain hurt noone, saying that the bike does feel it Sad

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sun is shining down in SW. 19 degrees Centigrade at 9.30am! Very Happy

Losers! Mr. Green Middle Finger

impaler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:58 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's scarily changeable here. I left the house in sunshine. By the time the bike was out of the garage it was spitting on, 5 mins later it was lashing down. 15 mins after that I came out of Halfords and it was blazing sunshine. It really can't decide what the hell to do... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:11 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has been nice and sunny here most of the day, until i decide to pick my bike up from Bridgewater and bring it back to Wellington, after 15 mins out came the rain for the rest of my ride home Sad But atleast i was wearing all my gear so i didnt get soaked. And now its sunny again Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:44 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
The Sun is shining down in SW. 19 degrees Centigrade at 9.30am! Very Happy

Losers! Mr. Green Middle Finger

Crying or Very sad The Newry to Warrenpoint dual carriageway was flooded yesterday, It rained Rain this morning and afternoon, The South of Ireland had a tornado, and here in Warrenpoint we had hailstones and thunder and lighting!! Twisted Evil Summer my arse!!

There that's enough to write an entire conference on climate change!

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its clear blue skys here at the moment, got wet thismorning coming back from my dads in a really heavy downpour. Twisted Evil

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been lovely here all day, i even had to cut the damm lawn Evil or Very Mad

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:06 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM M wrote:
Its been lovely here all day, i even had to cut the damm lawn Evil or Very Mad

The grass to wet for that, thank God for that!!

ISLAND GIRL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It started out a bit dull and windy this morning here on the Island but it brightened up to be a nice sunny day. A lot of bikes out today, plenty of nodding to be done Mr. Green

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:39 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISLAND GIRL wrote:
It started out a bit dull and windy this morning here on the Island but it brightened up to be a nice sunny day. A lot of bikes out today, plenty of nodding to be done Mr. Green

Good girl, well at least somebody got out today, hope you enjoyed yourself Laughing maybe tomorrow might be a better day Praying

syris
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:41 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying Dutchman wrote:
maybe tomorrow might be a better day Praying

Wouldn't bet on it, we are set for rain tomorrow morning although it is meant to dry up late in the afternoon/evening so maybe get out for a run then before the sleet and hail stones come on Monday! Very Happy

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:09 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

syris wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
maybe tomorrow might be a better day Praying

Wouldn't bet on it, we are set for rain tomorrow morning although it is meant to dry up late in the afternoon/evening so maybe get out for a run then before the sleet and hail stones come on Monday! Very Happy

Oh no Tut Tut I am the one supposed to be Mr Negative, don't you start Very Happy

vfr800
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:41 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went for a blast on the veefer with cog head, nightmare of a ride, left the house with sun shinning, 5 miles later, lashing it down, (thank god for gortex) bloody windy aswell, couldn't hear the engine properly and every time i lined up for a good bend a gust of wind made life difficult, but hey, thats what sorts out the men from the boys.
Was a good blast though!

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:50 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

vfr800 wrote:
Went for a blast on the veefer with cog head, nightmare of a ride, left the house with sun shinning, 5 miles later, lashing it down, (thank god for gortex) bloody windy aswell, couldn't hear the engine properly and every time i lined up for a good bend a gust of wind made life difficult, but hey, thats what sorts out the men from the boys.
Was a good blast though!

Thumbs Up Hey cool man, that sounds dangerous but at least you and your friend enjoyed yourself! Smile
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer? We're barely into spring yet... Rolling Eyes

Ted
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather wound me up too much today... I only got my Coguar a few weeks ago, and I've still been driving to work in my car, even in the good weather...

But this morning I gazed out of the window onto a bright and sunny day, not a cloud in the sky... so I thought I might as well take the bike... MISTAKE...

Good old British weather... it was alright up until midday, then it kept chucking it down every 10mins, and stopped about 5mins before it was time to go home.

Normally I wouldn't mind too much... but at the moment I've not got a chain guard on, and I'm missing the panel over the battery and surrounding areas... and as it's an electric start only... if the battery packs up -I'll be buggered!

Think I’ll be taking the car tomorrow!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed every 5 mins here today Laughing

Lovly bare blue skys 12 till 2. Cloudy ish from then with lots and lots of sun. Every 45 mins or so it would spit, somtimes a little harder and the sun would come out again Rolling Eyes

Then about 6 it got VERY windy Shocked

Then carried on as it was Neutral
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk

extreme3d
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still spring! If it wasn't for all this rain we get about this time every year then all the salt wouldn't get washed away Shocked

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:39 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Summer? We're barely into spring yet... Rolling Eyes

I know, but the clock's went forward last week, they called it britisch summertime began? I 'm realy confused now Thinking , but looking out the window today at today's weather I'm not the only one! Rolling Eyes

Ted
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it kept raining when I took my bike into work yesterday... I thought I'ld take the car today... and it was sunny! Bet if I had taken the bike it would have rained, again!

philcxiv
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:11 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather, it was nice and sunny today but with hailstones coming on and off. WTF is that all about Confused

andrea
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on the back with my instructor for a 7 hour advanced lesson on sun (would have loved to have rode but i havent bloody well passed yet Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes ) we took the zephyr 1100 which i have pretty much fallen in love with, even though i previously wanted an r6!

Anyway... even though it was cold Rolling Eyes and windy Rolling Eyes and it hailed Rolling Eyes i had the most fun i've had in ages!!! Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3