Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What's with this summer weather we are having lately?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 01:36 - 04 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get out the last 3 weeks, because I was working 7am-3pm, during that time the sun was splitting the trees and as soon as I got out at 3pm the rain began Rain ,

Saturday and Sunday was a Rain washout, now I am working 3pm-11pm, it rains Rain up to 2.30pm and then the rest of the day the sun is splitting the trees Mad , a nice evening again today whils't I am stuck in work! Twisted Evil

This will be repeated again tomorrow as usual Sick

I think I am gonna live of the state for a while, .....well every Tom, Dick and Harry are at it!!! Laughing, Life of Reilly, new car, holidays, best of furniture, everything paid for, Housing, rates, prescription, plenty of time on their hands, drinking and smoking, doing the double, whils't I am working the last 34 years and got fuck all to show for it!!Thinking Neutral

By the time I retire I probably not be fit enough to ride my bike anymore due to arthritis and a bad back (have now) or I keel over due to diabetes (have now) related complications, (a stroke) or blindness, legs chopped off due to poor blood circulation, kidney failure, so if anybody asked me what did you do with your life.......the answer is ......I just worked........to 70 thanks to Gordon Brown!!

People say you know so and so, he retired at 70, worked all his life.........4 months later he dropped dead, he never got to see his pension! Bet you Gordon Brown gets to spend his when he retires at 55.

Hope I didn't offend anyone!!.... But just think Thinking about it for a minute, this could be you! Crying or Very sad

Pissed off. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Now I got that out of my system I feel much better! Wink

GIXXER771
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 04 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather, dont talk to me about it, I had my new bike delivered and the moment I got it rained, hailed, and terrible winds, all i could do was sit and look at it in the garage Mad

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown stuff again on the roads all around here, after I spent ages getting the stuff off.

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:14 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope Praying that easter brings us nice Sun weather, so we can all take the bikes out lads and girls Laughing

We had a few good days this week but unfourtunatly I had to chauffeur my spouse to the shops and Dragonfly to hospital and doctors, she still has a painful knee, she will be off work for another 4 weeks yet Sick

By the way I on the 3-11 shift this week.......Rolling Eyes

In short I didn't get to go for a ride Sad

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:16 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mondeokid wrote:
Brown stuff again on the roads all around here, after I spent ages getting the stuff off.

That would be bullshit yes? (manure) Laughing

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:18 - 05 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIXXER771 wrote:
Weather, dont talk to me about it, I had my new bike delivered and the moment I got it rained, hailed, and terrible winds, all i could do was sit and look at it in the garage Mad

The story of my life........... Sad all sounds very familiar Crying or Very sad

DAF
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:28 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a fly splatter itself on my visor yesterday - first of the season. Summer's almost here Very Happy Thumbs Up

riichy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 07 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate rain....

will the sun ever come Question Mad

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:00 - 07 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working 3pm-11pm all week, nice evenings all week, I finish at 6pm on a Fridays and it's pissing now ......... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

April isnt considered as summer isnt it?

We still get shit weather where I live but its getting hotter and hotter each day, wait a couple of weeks, then it can be the time for all the idiots to ride in shorts and t-shirts, and all the smart people to looser 2 stone every time they ride because of there leathers Smile

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:52 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

GearboxGeezer wrote:
April isnt considered as summer isnt it?

We still get shit weather where I live but its getting hotter and hotter each day, wait a couple of weeks, then it can be the time for all the idiots to ride in shorts and t-shirts, and all the smart people to looser 2 stone every time they ride because of there leathers Smile

Weather forecaster on country file said today, we are still having "February's" weather in April, snowing in Scotland today, I was out yesterday dodging the hailstones on the bike, apart from that it was ok Wink I guess, at least I got out for a ride at last....because it's raining now!Rolling Eyes

I think I might get leathers also because I could do with a few stone off Laughing I am a fat bastard Cool

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:22 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAF wrote:
Had a fly splatter itself on my visor yesterday - first of the season. Summer's almost here Very Happy Thumbs Up

Almost hit a polar bear crossing the road yesterday, he lookes quite at home in this fecking climate we have! Laughing

Then I realised that I was lost Thinking, I took a wrong turn and ended up in the zoo, in that case I feel quite at home in the zoo Laughing Laughing

john2
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:35 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the weather can't make its mind up! I went out at 11AM this morning and it was quite warm actually, very clear sky, and then by the time i was on my way home at 3PM it was hailing? Wierd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PanEuro1100
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Summer??? Reply with quote

I got up this morning at 6 o'clock to get ready to go to work and the ground was under an inch or so of snow. Work that one out 'Confused'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fadel
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:37 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely day today, had sun in my eyes all day and well couldn't go out as I have been bunged up inside witht he flu for over a week Sad

Have to agree though, weather is crazy, saturday the hailstones piled up atleast an inch thick Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:07 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all rings a bell, anybody seen "The Day After Tomorrow? It all happened within a short space of time! Shocked

Was -5c here this morning, anybody that has daffodils in the garden, well they'l be stonedead now with all the frost we had! Sad

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came out the pub last night after a gloriously sunny day, and i found ice on my seat. Not nice...

Jack

Trini
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: snow in april, whats that about ? Reply with quote

did you see the match in sunderland the other day, saturday i believe, the match was abandoned because of the snow!!

i live about 8 miles away from sunderland and even today the wind feels so icy its beyond belief! was going to go out on the bike today but dont fancy freezing to death Sad

MikeH
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:34 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody fair weather bikers Rolling Eyes dunno what the fuss is about, your skin's waterproof and salt washes off Wink

If it's depreciating in the garage then you may aswell use it and enjoy losing your money Very Happy

Mike Cool

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:23 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeH wrote:
Bloody fair weather bikers Rolling Eyes dunno what the fuss is about, your skin's waterproof and salt washes off Wink

If it's depreciating in the garage then you may aswell use it and enjoy losing your money Very Happy

Mike Cool

Count yourself Very Happy lucky because the other 99% of us fair weather bikers don't like rain, snow or bloody hailstones or feckin gales which could blow you under a lorry and come rail hail or snow I will take my 4 wheeled friend to work when the weater is bad any time!

It boils down to I like my bit of sunshine now and then and those that do like to ride around in appalling weather (which we are having lately) might not have any other form of transport or are motocycle couriers Smile or motorcycle policemen Police I take my hat of to them!

Or maybe you just like riding in bad weather ...fair enough Laughing Bet you you are a fair weather biker also but do not wanna admit it Laughing Laughing

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be a fairweather biker if i could afford a car. It's not being a pussy only riding when the weather is nice, it's just being practical!

Jack

MikeH
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:25 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying Dutchman wrote:

Bet you you are a fair weather biker also but do not wanna admit it Laughing Laughing

I could use the trusty Landrover but its 6.2 V8 Diesel only does 20 MPG knocking about if I'm lucky so it stays on the drive except for playdays in the mud or greenlane trips with the roof off in the summer.

Besides it may be cold, damp and windy on the bike at the moment but I'm safe in the knowledge that when the sun shines I'll be giving out portions of whoopass to all the rusty riders coming out of winter hibernation shitting themselves on every damp patch Mr. Green LOL

Mike Wink

hondamrs
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 00:09 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there everybody....guess you know each other and I amnew...hey ho who cares!

Well last Saturday we gets the bike out.Honda CB1300 and does a bit of Teesside then heads off for Helmsely!
Me being the blonde on the back can just see black skies in mirrors but we head foe Scarboro for fish & chips.........................if we had missed out Scarboro all would hav e been well....................

however we gets fish and chips and hail storm errupts, yet we finish fish and chips in full sun!

heads off to Whitby for cup of tea.it rains...................we set off for home, and wo..............on A171 we come across snow!!! Stopped 3 times so hubs could wipe snow from visor!!!

Strange but true!!!
Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:16 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the damp patch in question is not a diesel one!

Care must be excercised at all times in wet or dry conditions, winter or summer bikers, let us all remember that the graveyards are full of people that liked to show off and I can go faster than you boys and girls.....one slip up and you are wiped out....I'd rather be rusty and alive than a show off and dead! Neutral

Off course you always have to watch the other road user, I am not saying you are a show off, just becarefull out there Smile my friend Very Happy

God rest the motorcyclist that met an untimely end trough his own fault or somebody else's Crying or Very sad

May he or she trough the mercy of God rest in peace.

Flying Dutchman
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:24 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hondamrs wrote:
Hello there everybody....guess you know each other and I amnew...hey ho who cares!

Well last Saturday we gets the bike out.Honda CB1300 and does a bit of Teesside then heads off for Helmsely!
Me being the blonde on the back can just see black skies in mirrors but we head foe Scarboro for fish & chips.........................if we had missed out Scarboro all would hav e been well....................

however we gets fish and chips and hail storm errupts, yet we finish fish and chips in full sun!

heads off to Whitby for cup of tea.it rains...................we set off for home, and wo..............on A171 we come across snow!!! Stopped 3 times so hubs could wipe snow from visor!!!

Strange but true!!!
Laughing

Hi and welcome, Laughing

It looked like you had an adventureus day with the snow, hail and rain, looked like you had 4 seasons in one day!!
Brrrrrrrrr Sick

Suprised you didn't have to defrost the fish before eating it!! Laughing

Last edited by Flying Dutchman on 00:26 - 12 Apr 2006; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3