Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Missing the point of this forum?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Missing the point of this forum? Reply with quote

This is the section for asking advice. Right?

So why do people feel the need to rate peoples questions/dilemmas as 'boring' etc? I don't think people should rate the threads in here negatively unless the post is a blatant p1ss take. This isn't a forum for entertainment, it's a forum for help and helping.

Play nice people.

Just a thought. Penny Coin Penny Coin

(Yes this will get rated boring by certain people.)

ash t
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 01 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am missing the whole point of BCF at the moment Rolling Eyes

To be honest I hate the new layout of it. I have to think about where to post my Penny Coin Penny Coin before I even start to type.

I hate making decisions.

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with both of you to be honest,
People come inm this one to ask advice, cant figure out why some people have to just post for the hell of it and take the piss,

as for karma for this? beets me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

spitfire
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:26 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Missing the point of this forum? Reply with quote

flip wrote:
This is the section for asking advice. Right?

So why do people feel the need to rate peoples questions/dilemmas as 'boring' etc? I don't think people should rate the threads in here negatively unless the post is a blatant p1ss take. This isn't a forum for entertainment, it's a forum for help and helping.

Play nice people.

Just a thought. Penny Coin Penny Coin

(Yes this will get rated boring by certain people.)

Probably because they are not getting enough sex, or drugs or have a crap bike....or maybe all three. Or they could just be wankers? I have given you some good karma, just for raising a valid point Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 17:18 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its because they want to be entertained, but dont have to want to flick thru stuff they find boring to find the stuff they like.

hopefully they will eventually notice that the forum is divided into sections that help you find the kind of stuff you are interested in

there will always be some people who prefer to use their karma allocation to down rate things than to up rate the things they like. I am the opposite Smile

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:20 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rated your post as it was funny.

maybe the admins would be able to stop karma being rated on this section of the forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 17:25 - 03 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am missing the whole point of BCF at the moment

Quite clearly demonstrated by your next bit.

Quote:
To be honest I hate the new layout of it. I have to think about where to post my Penny Coin Penny Coin before I even start to type.

Therefore it works.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 30 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1