Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What should I do with my life? You choose.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Dear Auntie BCF... by G (10 Apr 2006 - 08:29)
View previous topic : View next topic  

What should I do?
Move to America, start a new life.
55%
 55%  [ 31 ]
Become a commercial pilot.
37%
 37%  [ 21 ]
Carry on as I am.
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 56

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 23:51 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: What should I do with my life? You choose. Reply with quote

Well kids, I'm bored, and I have a decision to make. So I want you kids to do it for me.

I'm bored with day to day life in general, and have a couple of options to change it, like a fresh start.

So:

Option 1.
There a girl in America I can marry to get my green card. So I have the option to go off to America, get married, and start a new life. Quite fond of the girl too, but the lack of a uni degree with mean I'll need to get a job off the back of real skills and experience - probably some kind of management.

Option 2.
Carry on with the pilot training, get my airline transport pilots licence, try to become an airline pilot. This requires me to spend about £30k more and one fulltime year training, and doesn't guarantee me a job.

Option 3.
Carry on with what I have now. I have a good stable easy government job, with prospects and good enough wages, but it bores me to tears.

So. Your choice.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 23:56 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say option one, enjoy your life. Wink

Just dont move to some shit whole red neck state like I did Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:57 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard there's a few nursery nurses jobs going in Thailand robby Smile

In all seriousness, I'd take America, must be great to move countries and start a new life and you'll be able to do your pilots stuff once you're settled down there!

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 23:58 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna move back later on in my life but this time its back to cali Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 23:59 - 09 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously prefer Option 1, so go for it if it'll make you happy. Have a few mini robbys. Get her interested in bisexualism. Do what makes you feel happy, take a risk.

But be safe and keep the net. And a bike Wink

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move to ze US. Thumbs Up

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

option 1 or 2 ,

not 3 thats just lazy though for 2 there are growing opportunities as China grows bigger.

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: What should I do with my life? You choose. Reply with quote

robby wrote:
There a girl in America I can marry to get my green card. So I have the option to go off to America, get married, and start a new life. Quite fond of the girl too
When / how did you meet this girl and are you sure the marriage would last..?

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:39 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what ever will make you happy.
No point in staying in a job that bores you, lives too short- even if it is well paid.

IMO move abraod while you can, and have got little commitments, if you dont try it youll probably only regret it later on in life

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 00:45 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would say option 2. 1 is a real leap into the unknown and could turn nasty. Option 3 would just get worse over the coming years, and harder to get out of.

All the best

Keith

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 00:47 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Kickstart on this one....

Plus you get the advantage of having a girl in every country... limitless possibilities! Wink

Mary Jane
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:39 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

... do you have any idea what's involved in marriage-based immigration to the US?

There are people who have to be separated from their fiances or spouses for months, even years while waiting for visa approval.

Since I'm currently involved in the process, I've got a lot of information about it, if you want, you can PM me.

I'll have to warn you though: since I'm going through all the hell and hoops purely becuase I'm utterly in love and this is the only way we can actually live together, I'm not going to have a whole lot of sympathy for someone who is only doing it for the greencard.

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:05 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

From chatting to you, you seem to love flying as much as I do. The difference is you are in a position to take it further. (my realistic aim in the near future can only be a NPPL!)

Marrying 'some bird' to get access is more than likely going to really fuck you up in the long run, I would stick my neck out and say that's a bit silly actually.

There are loads of commercial pilot positions available, especially as so few people are in a position to finance training. Easy Jet offer a part funding scheme if you apply to fly for them, you still need to cough up a fair bit, but it's a lot less then going alone, and there's a job at the end of it.

Do a bit of soul searching, and contact a few companies, you may be surprised at the opportunities available.

Whatever you choose, good luck. Wink

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 05:06 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

pilot sounds good. dunno what its like day to day
do u need perfect eye sight for that or is it ok if you wear glasses ?

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything but option 3 as if you were happy with that you wouldn't have started this thread.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 09:54 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot.

You'd be good at that 'reassuring, yet condescending' tone of voice they do and you'd have an excuse to wear your mirrored aviators more.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process of applying for my Green card to work as a nurse in LA, its taken so far 2 years, I have to file another piece of paper work that costs £300, and will take 12 months to process according to my agent Rolling Eyes

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option one, no question.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:35 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option one, i think thats a great idea.

If i were single i wouldnt be wasting my time scrimpting over here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot definatly, if you don't do it you WILL regret it.

Darkside
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:57 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell i think you should do the pilot thing then take those skills to the states man and marry the girl of your dreams, win win no?

https://www.r1-superbike.com

Redliner
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:54 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: What should I do with my life? You choose. Reply with quote

robby wrote:
Well kids, I'm bored, and I have a decision to make. So I want you kids to do it for me.

So:

Option 1.
There a girl in America I can marry to get my green card. So I have the option to go off to America, get married, and start a new life. Quite fond of the girl too, but the lack of a uni degree with mean I'll need to get a job off the back of real skills and experience - probably some kind of management.

A uni degree would be non-'translatable' anyway.
You're dreaming with the management job, there's people that emigrate from other countries having commanded salaries close to six figures that end up working minimum wage jobs for any number of reasons.

Going to america's an exciting prospect, but it's far from fuckin' easy.
Lookee here

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go for the pilot option. People that can fly have instant sex appeal, plus I can imagine it being extremely fun job and well worth the hard work and money spent. Cool

Marrying someone just for a green card seems a little silly, and not particulary easy. America is overrated anyway.

nick.h
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've already come quite far with the pilot thing already haven't you...

Nick
[Italjet MM5A] ll [Rieju RS1 Evolution] ll [Suzuki GS500e] ll [Suzuki GSX600F] ll [Honda CG125] ll [Pug Elyseo 125] ll [Yamaha YZF750R] ll [Yamaha Thunderace] ll [Yamaha R6] ll [Triumph 955i] ll [Hayabusa RZK3] ll [Suzuki RGV250] ll

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:51 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get totally sh1t faced and figure it out tomorrow. Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2