Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Good camping locations in N/W

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Good camping locations in N/W Reply with quote

I live near liverpool, and me and a few friends are after a decent place to go camping. We're 18 year old hoodlums, who will be getting pissed every night. A place like keswick would be nice, but there's only one campsite there which is suitable. Anyone got any ideas? There needs to be a few pubs near by and stuff to do during the day, too.

Jack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:55 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Wales? Not too far away. https://www.stilwell.co.uk/sta.asp?Q=camps%7CT12

I would highly recommend Llanthony. There is a ruined abbey with a pub in its basement. Stunning views, but the locals speak in welsh, and give you strange looks if anyone in your group 'looks different'. There are loads of adventure sport type places in the Brecon beacons, just google it. If it is walks you want, there are plenty https://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/walks/wales/index.shtml

The Offa's dyke trail is a good one to do, if you feel upto the challenge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wales gets my vote too, North Wales has all the tack of your best seaside resorts (Rhyl, Prestatyn), a couple of more upmarket ones (Llandudno, Conwy), some fantastic beach sports or surfing (Tallacre, Rhos, Abersoch for some serious milage), diving (Anglesey), history (just about everywhere). Loads of places to stay if you google campsites but quite often if you just go knock on a farm door they will let you camp overnight for a couple of quid.

Personally recommend Anglesey, especially Holyhead/Treaddur. There's a campsite on the road to South Stack called Valley of the Rocks which is great, there is a diving school on site and a pub/clubhouse that does food, you can have fires on site or it's only a 5-minute walk to the beach.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 20:39 - 10 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can recomend Tal-y-bont, just up the coast about a mile from Barmouth.
Great camp site...

https://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=258115&y=321475&z=3&sv=258115,321475&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=258115&ay=321475

Cost about £7 a night for a 2 birth tent, on site club and shops,

cant rember the site name but i know its not sunny sands its about 5 mins past that dive Confused

right on the sea aswell and in summer has loads going on around their.

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wales mate,
im gonna be heading to wales with my tent soon Smile
just need a new sleeping bag and beer Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaman wrote:
wales mate,
im gonna be heading to wales with my tent soon Smile
just need a new shagging slag and beer Smile

Don't we all. Wink

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to flip's post, i just found out the g/f can't make it Brick Wall

Bugger

Cheers for your suggestions Thumbs Up

Jack

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. No campsite owner in his right mind is going to let a gang of 18 year old scousers in. Only place I can possibly think of is edale, but even then the farmer will come out and bollock you if you make any noise after midnight. Facilities aint great tho, they have a field, a tap & a bog. Bad weather will be supplied and its a 5 minute walk to the village. There are 2 pubs and a shop in the village, one pub is a bit posh tho so you wont be allowed in there.

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, we aren't scousers! There may only be 13 miles to liverpool, but there's a pretty big gulf in there. We just like enjoying ourselves and getting a bit stoned every now and then. Think of us as hippies mixed with a bit of alcoholism and you get the picture.

Jack

Teaman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

day do do dat dare doh dont day doh,,

chalm down or ill get ahhhh barry on you
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teaman wrote:
day do do dat dare doh dont day doh,,

chalm down or ill get ahhhh barry on you

Errrrr, ney! i'll fuck yer fuckin' windows thru meht! I'll get Devvo on yer!

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 10:16 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realise in Wales you'll have to round up your own evening's entertainment...

Mind you I suppose you could do that up in the Lake District as well

Very Happy

...the locals may direct you to the local brothel, or as you might know it, a sheep pen Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been a cracking joke mate, except that those are goats! Wink Laughing

Jack_Cheese
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture reminds me of my skinny dipping antics in september. The water in the lake district is not warm Shocked

Jack
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1