Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Auto Glass Idiots.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:43 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Auto Glass Idiots. Reply with quote

These people .. have no brains!

Basically I've had no rear view mirror for about 6 months. I tried everything to stick it back, but since it falling off once straight across my knuckles whilst I was changing the radio station, (God that hurt!) I'd given up.

Got a new windscreen put in, and they stuck the rear view mirror back on for me. So I'm driving along, and go to look in my mirror .... they've stuck it on, upside bloody down! Doh!

The only thing I can see is the passenger seat, and if anyone was sitting in it, I could see thier crotch ... they could also see mine. I'm sure the guys would think that would be a great angle to have your mirror at, but after 6 months of it driving me mad, all I wanted to see with it, was out the back of my car!

So we ring them up and the guy comes round to sort it out.

"I understand I put your mirror on wrong?"

"Yeah, it's upside down."

"Oh ... (scratches his chin) really?"

So now it's on the right way round (finally I can use it) but it's really stiff, and hard to move around. Don't know why that is, very strange. Anyway, they are idiots, and my rear view mirror has turned out to be alot more hassle than it's worth!

R6jonny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:49 - 11 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

must be hard driving with everything upside down in your mirrors Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a suction cup one?

If so, rub some Coke ( a Cola ) on it then stick it on.

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

other glass companies aren't so hot either , I remember one of the vans needed a new windscreen as somebody had smashed it , they came they hacked out the old one , and while taking out the new one smashed that one , they went back to get another and broke that one on the way here , at which they'd run out of stock , and left a van with no wind screen for a couple days ,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 17:45 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Basically I've had no rear view mirror for about 6 months.

I think you should question your own intelligence as well as the repairers. Rolling Eyes

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:48 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Quote:

I think you should question your own intelligence as well as the repairers. Rolling Eyes

Right, and why's that?

I already said I tried everything to get it back on, did you actually read the whole post or just see that bit and think you'd make a joke? Rolling Eyes < Right back at ya!

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't be saying that if you were scraping bits of biker off of your rear bumper...

I think he's getting at the point you continued to drive even though you didn't have a fixed mirror.

Phil_G
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:22 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is still roadworthy however. IIRC M.O.T regs state the vehicle has to have two rear facing mirrors present and correct as a minimum standard for a test pass.

That can mean any combination of internal or external rear views.

Phil

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a similar position at the moment. Had the windscreen replaced after some chav smashed it while the car was parked on my drive Evil or Very Mad
The mirror was stuck back when the screen was replaced, but as we all know those little pads are less than reliable, so less than a week later the mirror's come off again.
I still have the original mirror and a tube of SuperGlue, but i also have one of those suction cup mirrors if the other one fails

@ Harold_Shand, I'll give the Coke suggestion a try, and we'll see what happens Thumbs Up

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 22:14 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie wrote:
Right, and why's that?

I already said I tried everything to get it back on, did you actually read the whole post or just see that bit and think you'd make a joke? Rolling Eyes < Right back at ya!

You read a motorcycle forum, I am therefore assuming you are involved with motorcycles in some way?
If so you will be aware of having to be very alert to all that is around you, having a working rear view mirror would make this far easier and therefore safer for everyone around you, and indeed yourself. Yet it took 6 months to get the problem resolved.

Also I did'nt make a joke, I was insulting your competency.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 22:29 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loctite do a rear view mirror glue.

Shouldn't have taken 6 months to sort out. Confused

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people complete tools for no reason? No rear veiw mirror, well obviously it didnt cause any problem other than a slight annoyance. "Oooh, he is missing a tyre valve cap, shouldnt ride without that!" Rolling Eyes

Think there are some people here who are old before there time. And from old stems off the argument that some would be fucking dull to talk to in the real world. Thumbs Down

And yes Katie Autoglass are dump, hense them sponsering chelsea a few years back!

biker-dj
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:53 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Auto Glass to turn the windscreen around so the mirror isnt upside down..... Confused Mr. Green

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
You read a motorcycle forum, I am therefore assuming you are involved with motorcycles in some way?
As far as I know Katie doesn't even own a motorbike.

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:55 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Katie doesn't own a motorcycle, as Katie can't afford one yet. Sad

I thought this was a thread about rear view mirrors, not whether or not I had a bike.

You seem to have made the assumption, (I respect your opinions, but I really think that some people just like to use any excuse to have a go at people) that because I had no rear view mirror I thought "Oh well, since it's not there I just won't bother looking around my car anymore!"

Of course I didn't! Not having one just meant that I had to look around more psychically, which was a pain and made my neck ache. If anything, I was more aware without it, because I always checked, and double checked around me, because I knew it wasn't there. Where as if you do have one, sometimes people just have a quick look in the mirror and think that because they've done that it's safe to carry on.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 00:13 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not required on by law just if it was upside down it would annoy the hell out of me. Laughing

Too many safety nazi cunts on this forum. Very Happy
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 14:58 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Too many safety nazi cunts on this forum.

I'm assuming that was aimed at me.

I was merely pointing out the danger's of not fixing a simple problem, this could effect motorcyclist's and indeed Katie herself. The fact she complained about a problem which takes all of 30 minutes to rectify then neglects to realise her own stupidity concerning the subject left her wide open for snide comment's such as mine.

So in conclusion I'd prefer to be a safety Nazi cunt than a moronic cunt who would prefer to use his rear view mirror in his Saxo to check himself out. Oblivious to the fact everyne think's he look's a prick in his car.

Also, I am of the beleif that neither of you currently ride motorcycles, if so piss off.

Please send letter's of abuse to someone who give's a fuck. Mr. Green

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 15:07 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double sided sticky pads are the way forward... those or the "generic" rear veiw mirrors with the suckers on from Halfords.

Every time I adjusted the mirror in my old car it used to come off in my hand, so I had a stash of sticky pads at the ready Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

'can chris do it for you?'

Translated: 'are you still going out with Chris'?

Last edited by cqueen on 15:24 - 13 Apr 2006; edited 1 time in total

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:20 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben, you're clearly not reading the whole post.

It took less than 30 minutes to stick it on. Each time I tried. With loads of different products. It would stay for about half an hour then fall off again. That's why I said, "I tried everything to stick it back on." Rolling Eyes

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 15:44 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor you wrote:

then got confuzzled and wrote:
It took less than 30 minutes to stick it on.

So which was it to resolve the problem again?

If you'd payed attention (as Chris did and went onto alter his post accordingly Wink ), you will see that I am poitning out the hypocrisy in passing on the blame. Fair enough they should have fixed it, why it took you 6 month's to take it back to them is beyond me though.

You also can't have tried everything as they managed to fix it, whereas you did not. Care to explain why this is?

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Quote:

Sorry Katie, but I completely agree with this. 6 months!!!

So, how many times in that 6 month period did you try and stick it back on, only for it to fall off 30 mins later?

Thats over 180 days! and it never lasted more than 30 mins! Confused

Did you try every day? every other day? Or just once? Confused

I'm sorry, I'm almost in tears of laughter here! Laughing

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 16:14 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
I'm assuming that was aimed at me.

Wasn't at you or this thread more of the people that go omg you broke the speed limit omg you dont wear full leathers all the time with boots etc.

Reuben wrote:
So in conclusion I'd prefer to be a safety Nazi cunt than a moronic cunt who would prefer to use his rear view mirror in his Saxo to check himself out.

When did i ever say i do that?? Laughing and im a moron because of my car??

Reuben wrote:
Oblivious to the fact everyne think's he look's a prick in his car.

Maybe so but what other half decent cars are there for people my age. Bikes are cheap hence getting my zx6r when i was 17. I was going to get an audi a3 but the insurance was a joke. Sugguest a good car?????

Reuben wrote:
Also, I am of the beleif that neither of you currently ride motorcycles, if so piss off.

No but i still have a few in my garage as well as owning quite a few already.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 20 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2