Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone else find this a bit odd?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:29 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Anyone else find this a bit odd? Reply with quote

Ok, a series of posts (all by the same person):
Quote:
hi i am in need for a honda cg125 wiring loom.

3 weeks later.
Quote:
i just bought a dt125 2002
the ignition was ripped out but the wiring is still there

6 days later
Quote:
iv got a phantom f12 scooter 50cc

3 days later
Quote:
sellin a stolen recoverd phantom f12

2 days later
Quote:

i am in need for a carb for a scooter

7 days later
Quote:

wanted brake caliper for a pitbike

5 weeks later
Quote:
i just had a ts125r

Same day
Quote:
any one got a top end for a ts200r engine

6 days later
Quote:
wanted any engine
any engine that attaches to the swing arm.

Same day
Quote:
wanted a top end of an engine.
will be fitted to a rg125 engine

3 weeks later
Quote:
my mates got a speedfight two hes got the key but its no use as the immbilser has gone, he keeps pestering me to find out how to get it started, any suggestions

9 days later
Quote:
on my ts bike there are yellow wires which go to the same connector and red and black striped wires ... which ones are for the spark, and i think there is a cdi but could i take that out and just run a wire from the engine to the coil????

Now I have what I consider to be a lot of bikes but that is one hell of a turnover of motorcycles many of which have mysterious electrical faults that would require the ignition system to be rewired. Thinking

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 22:33 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://sfns.u-shizuoka-ken.ac.jp/cellbioc/index%20photo/tea%20leaf.JPG

Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously a bit of a petrolhead Shocked

Or perhaps need petrol pouring on their head and setting fire to.

One anticipates they might be yootful.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wouldnt be a photo of a tea leaf, would it, Joe?

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up Hellkat as I hadn't got a clue..........Doh!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:39 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Anyone else find this a bit odd? Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Now I have what I consider to be a lot of bikes but that is one hell of a turnover of motorcycles many of which have mysterious electrical faults that would require the ignition system to be rewired. Thinking

His bikes don't just have electrical faults, they've needed resparying as the paint work fades and on a different bike he managed to scratch the front lots. Wink

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 22:43 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well personally i think its worth banning this person as it does sound like they fixing up stolen bikes, but I guess its possible they are buying stolen recovered bikes and selling them on.

hmm

no ban em, I dont like the idea of bcf helping bike theft

stink, maybe pm korn with the details

cc123
Geez a joab?

PostPosted: 00:52 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You CID stinkwheel??????????? Thats some investigation work or maybe your on here waaaaaaaaaaay too much! Surprised

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 01:08 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balls to not naming the person, everyone should know.

Even shager.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:54 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i take it back about banning him as it seems hes doing up bikes. Including doing some work isnt damage from something being stolen, such as replacing an engine.

The thing that amazes me is he seems to be doing up so many bikes without actually knowing much about what he is doing. For example he didnt know what a reed valve is.

I quite admire this because I know what a reed valve is but Im a bit nervous when it comes to messing with things in case I break something. He just wades straight in there.

I guess he has got more practical knowledge by just trying things rather than from reading manuals.

Maybe he is doing up stolen bikes, but whether they are stolen recovered or 'hot', is impossible to tell.

I dont think Id buy one off him though.

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:43 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't his brother post in Auntie BCF very recently about him making money by doing up & selling scooters/mopeds?

If it's the same guy good luck to him (unless they are stolen in which case give me about 15 minutes with him..... Twisted Evil )

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:54 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
Didn't his brother post in Auntie BCF very recently about him making money by doing up & selling scooters/mopeds?

If it's the same guy good luck to him (unless they are stolen in which case give me about 15 minutes with him..... Twisted Evil )

Agreed, and good luck to him if he is... but I wouldn't want to buy one judging by the level of mechanical/electrical skill exhibited through the questions posted on here.

What brought my attention to it is that he almost never mentions what bike he is having a problem with in the initial post. To the extent that I have stopped reading them.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 03:00 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem is he rarely has keys for the bikes and the story regarding the DT125 is so flawed it's funny. You may have noticed TobyR and myself making numerous comments about keys.

He also has little need for V5's.

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:29 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that he is probably just getting them going and then selling them as field bikes, especially considering his age.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 04:02 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah toby has been accusing him of nicking bikes since at least february

he denies it tho

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 11:17 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if he has no keys, no V5s and knackered electrics/ignition on every one.......?

Seems fairly cut and dried, even if he is just buying up stolen bikes, it's as bad as stealing them yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jonnay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:

I think that was me, actually, sorry...

And for the record, I've owned a stolen/recovered scoot, and it was the easiest thing ever to start without the ignition key (won't say how incase it helps the tea-leaves Wink )

It made me use the chain on my scoot after I saw how easy it was.

Don't see why he'd be asking so many questions about how to bypass the ignition, it really is blatantly obvious what you've got to do as soon as you get the barell out.

Jon

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 14:13 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
Well, if he has no keys, no V5s and knackered electrics/ignition on every one.......?

Seems fairly cut and dried, even if he is just buying up stolen bikes, it's as bad as stealing them yourself.

My rs125 was stolen recovered. Mine came with keys and locks and had a v5 but you can buy (legal) ones where you have to source new locks yourself and apply for the v5 i think.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 14:16 - 15 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnay wrote:

Don't see why he'd be asking so many questions about how to bypass the ignition, it really is blatantly obvious what you've got to do as soon as you get the barell out.

Jon

yeah but he asks a lot of basic questions. He didnt seem to know about powervalves on a 2 stroke 125 for example. Hes not that clued up. Makes me feel knowledgeable tho Thumbs Up .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1