Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

First (dry) race of the season

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:15 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: First (dry) race of the season Reply with quote

Well after anglesey a fotnight ago I needed a dry race to get my head back into gear and by hell I got one this weekend!

Tonfanau 16th April

Started off, rebuilding the bike the night before, noticed a bit of detonation on the front piston. Phoned the tuner, he asks if I've had the barrels plated recently, well yes, in that case he tells me the squish has probably tightened up a bit too much after the barrel being skimmed post-plate. Ah thinks I.. not good as its a tight as possible anyway. Bugger it, I'll use it anyway but I'll take the tz along as a spare bike just in case it all goes tits up. So go out in practise, take the rgv out, then the tz.. do about 4 practise sessions, almost hightsiding the tz due to old tyres!

First race came, 125's mixed in with us so they set off from the front of the grid about 5 seconds before us then we go.. oh my I noticed I was on the front of the grid, lights go out for us, I get as good a start as possible and into the lead.. no worries! I'm just concentrating on getting it right and remembering what to do. Next thing I know I'm catching a 125 up, passed him, then another, then another, then another.. ooo! empty track! Got past a few backmarkers to win the race.. no worries!

Second race much the same, except it got red flagged where my mate highsided smashing his ankle in and breaking a few more bones.. doh. Finished second in that one, mabaye got a bit shaken up I dunno...

Third race, didnt get as good a start, sat in second most of the way round trying to stay upright when this guy comes hurtling past me at the hairpin, locks up, and goes down. I ride around him.. doh! Finished second in that one too..

Good day all in all, anyway some pics
on the TZ
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/tonfanau16thapril/8.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/tonfanau16thapril/3.jpg

rgv
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/tonfanau16thapril/10.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/tonfanau16thapril/6.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/tonfanau16thapril/2.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/tonfanau16thapril/9.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/two_smoke/tonfanau16thapril/7.jpg

jay_666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself! Pics are cool btw Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 01:30 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! Winning on the spare bike! Touch.

Does the course have any corners? And that's a cool pic with a guy almost completely masked behind you.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NC30UK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:18 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
Does the course have any corners?

Yeah, 3! Razz

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics, cool bikes, cool weather? Looks a bit nippy

How tall are you cos the bike looks kinda tiny Thinking Or, is it a mini moto Laughing

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/3_190.jpg

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 10:59 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

2t 250s are pretty small. If you want to see someone folded onto a bike in a comedy fashion, wait for my MZ silverstone pics to come back!

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:00 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, no didnt win on the tz as it was a bit twitchy due to the tyres! rgv was a bit more stuck to the ground. Wait till next time tho, tz will be used!

Tonfanau has very few corners, and they are all deadly, the hairpin is bumpy on the entrance, the fast right hander has curbs around it and the bottom 90 degree right has potholes!

Yes, I'm too tall, 6'4" but makes it fun!

Weather was ok, bit cold but ok when the sun came out Smile

Keith
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the race win, both bikes look very nice indeed. Smile

Just a quick question though..

2Smoke wrote:
Yes, I'm too tall, 6'4" but makes it fun!

I'm also 6'4", just shy of 6'5" and soon to start racing. Only, I'm in the process of buying a new leather suit.

Do you have any recommendations as to what off the shelf brands would fit the taller chap without going balls out and buying made to measure? I'm on quite a budget, but will buy made to measure if necessary. Smile

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:50 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi well the suit I have is a rst item that i got second hand for £120 but only worn once. It was great as far as height but made for someone a wee bit fatter than myself. Luckily my mother in law does the odd bit of leather repairs so she adjusted them for me. I also have a set of hideout leathers but they are a bit gory but good leathers!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:21 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one on the results.
Really need to sort picture for my Lydden report and get it up Rolling Eyes.

I got a couple of leather suits for around £60-70 apiece from ebay and got them altered for £90 each.
One has managed me 3 crashes so far with only a bit of superglue Smile.

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:20 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Nice one on the results.
Really need to sort picture for my Lydden report and get it up Rolling Eyes.

I got a couple of leather suits for around £60-70 apiece from ebay and got them altered for £90 each.
One has managed me 3 crashes so far with only a bit of superglue Smile.

£90 each?? god I love my mother in law Smile

NC30UK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:32 - 21 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you racing next?

I'm quite a fan of the 250 races Very Happy

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:23 - 22 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonfanau 28th may and ty croes (anglesey) 29th of may. Smile

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is i expensive to race in that series???

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 00:45 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any RGV race scrubs up for sale?

Gaz

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:39 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaz, what are you after mate?

Tom, it varies, anglesey is around £80 for 1 class and £25 per additional class. If I do 2 thats £105 for the entries, say another £40 for fuel, plus if I do the test day the day before another £65 plus another £20 on fuel.. then you have got tyre wear, genny fuel, diesel to get there, spends, crash repairs etc.. so yes fairly expensive!

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 12:52 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm vaguely looking for some supercorsas or similar.

Sizes 150/70/17 and 110/70/17. Which I'm told are RGV 250 sizes. They also happen to be bandit sizes Smile

Gaz

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:57 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see.. I'll have some rennsports up for grabs soon in those sizes. I'll be getting rid of the tz tyres soon but they are an intermediate race tyre so could be a bit iffy if the old bill stop you and notice!

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:01 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one paul Very Happy

keep up the good work Very Happy

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 23:46 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well keep me posted, especially after a rear tyre cuz I have a spare rear wheel.

But I'll take a pair, because a front soft tyre shouldn't so bad on the road, less wear etc.

Gaz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1