Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

this is crazy!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

sv_cath
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:19 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: this is crazy! Reply with quote

Just saw this on BBC news - biker death
Obviously, my sympathies go to all involved but what caught my eye was the fact they're looking for anyone who might have seen the bikes around that time - so if some joe public do-gooder says 'oh yes I saw some bikes riding dangerously at 150mph that day' it'll mean that the poor guy who died was obviously asking for it in the eyes of the law.
Great huh? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kevuk
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:03 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is tragic...but to be fair it may not be a case of just looking to blame the riders.
the police have to investigate any fatal collision for a variety of reasons, not just to find out if anyone was to blame. it may be that the tractor driver stated the rider was driving too fast and the police are looking for anyone who can say they were not.
dont be too quick to assume that its just a case of looking to blame the rider..would you rather the police didnt do a full investigation?

paulthewitt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

however, they have juped to the conclusion that the tractor wasnt doing anything dangerous as they havent asked

"anyone who saw a tractor in the area..."

seems that way to me. after all we are all well aware that no tractors get pulled for loud exhausts despite most of em being illegal in some way.

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

frogmella
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:10 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tractor drivers are tossers and I say that having mates who are farmers.
Why the hell don't they clean they're tires before going onto a road after leaving the field? I'm sure its law to do so.

Anyhows, RIP the biker. Feel sorry for the son being out with him at the time. Crying or Very sad

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:17 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

frogmella wrote:

Why the hell don't they clean they're tires before going onto a road after leaving the field? I'm sure its law to do so.
I dont think there is any specific law saying they have to clean their tyres, if there was it would be rather pointless as a tractor driver isnt going to clean their tyres every time they leave a field as they cant carry round a pressure washer etc every where they go. But i do think if the council get complaints about a mess caused by a overly muddy road by a tractor they do get the farmer to clean it up. I know what you mean about muddy roads as some of the country lanes round here are almost unrideable and have to be ridden at 10mph because they are covered in so much mud and grit, went down one the other day and there was only about 5 inches of tarmac visible. Generally most farmers do clean the mess they make on the roads but off course this is probably only done every few weeks and in that time an accident could occur.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 328 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1