Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

*URGENT* HELP REQUIRED

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 21:35 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: *URGENT* HELP REQUIRED Reply with quote

I have made the mother fucker of all fuck ups.

I was reversing the car to get out of a side parking section as I reversed back to get out I accidently hit the back of a 4x4.

No damage to his car and he was OK, but his wheel (the wheel they have on the back of 4x4's) hit the back of the boot and there is a massive dent in the boot. I don;t think this will be repaired cheaply. My Dad as angry as he is wants to see how much it will cost to repair. If it'stoo much he will claim off the insurance.

How much would it cost to repair, the dent on the boot (well 3 of them) are about 10cm in diameter?

Please help Jon.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:41 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Depends if the dents have creased / cracked the paint. If not there is a good chance that they can just be popped out.

For comparison my sister just drove her car lightly into the back of another. Headlight mounts and bumper can be plastic welded so the main damage is pulling the slam panel out a touch and replacing / repraying the bonnet (it is creased). New bonnet for a Fiat Seicento is costing £85. Total bill is £300.

All the best

Keith

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the paint damaged at all? As Keith says, if not, it should be a relatively cheap fix. If it is damaged, it depends how mint he wants it.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What make/model of car is it? If its not creased, as suggested the dents can probably be popped out. If they are creased, a garage may be able to replace sheet metal of the boo, if there's no damage underneath. If it's a few years old, you may be able to get one from a scrappie?

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:26 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems it's going to be quite bad. The dents are on the crease of the boot and so it seems that whole new sheet of metal will have to be put in and sprayed. Also Dad has noticed that the tailgate is bent in general. Fook.

He's gonna claim on the insurance. He has protected no claims. Thankfully.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 13:39 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.filmz.de/film_2001/snatch_schweine_und_diamanten/foto.jpg

"its behind you tyrone, when you reverse, things come from behind you"

Wink

seriously though, unlucky mate, you dont wanna be doing that again
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protected no claims means nothing when it comes to renewal time. Believe me the renewal will be much higher.
Can't he get a good boot lid from a breakers? Even one that just need paint?

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:19 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Tend to agree with Flat Spot. No loss of no claims but nothing stopping them loading the premium. Many years ago my father crashed his car, and lost 20% of his no claims. Insurance went from £350 to £870.

All the best

Keith
ZRX61 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:43 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
Get a fucking grip, It's not the end of life on earth. It's just a few dents in some metal. Anyone who gives any kind of price quote on here is talking thru their arse as no one can say how much without seeing it & you didn't even post pics.
All ya have to do is drop by your local body shop & ask then for a quote FFS Rolling Eyes

Oh dear, I guess when in USA, act American works well for you.

Just because you probably had a poor relationship with your parents, doesn't mean everybody else does.

Unlike most people I also have a life off these forums and have already done everything you have "suggested".

This wasn't a plea for people to drop everything they were doing and do the hard work for me. A bit of advice was all I needed. You can act like a cunt on a forum but as the saying goes, nobody likes a keyboard warrior and I can guarantee 100% you would not have said that to me to my face, not even if I am only 5 foot 8 and not even that strong.

UNLESS in the case of most yanks common respect for other people, in general is non existant.

But anyway thanks for your constructive comments.

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 03:20 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
This wasn't a plea for people to drop everything they were doing and do the hard work for me. A bit of advice was all I needed.

Then it hardly warranted the thread title you posted, did it? Rolling Eyes

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 10:13 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it did, initially the post was posted at about 8.30, the accident happened at 8, where else was I going to be able to get a rough idea of prices seeing as all car workshops were CLOSED?

Open your fucking eyes before you try to be smart.

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 15:51 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Well it did, initially the post was posted at about 8.30, the accident happened at 8, where else was I going to be able to get a rough idea of prices seeing as all car workshops were CLOSED?

Open your fucking eyes before you try to be smart.

At least I have the intelligmce to be smart which is something you seem to be lacking.
Were you hoping to get the car fixed by 9? Rolling Eyes Get a fucking grip.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn this thread is funny. As ZRX says its only a bit of bent metal. Tell your dad to get a life, then buy him a new boot with your pocket money/wages.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 16:15 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:

At least I have the intelligmce to be smart which is something you seem to be lacking.
Were you hoping to get the car fixed by 9? Rolling Eyes Get a fucking grip.

Did I ask to get the car fixed by 9? No, prick.

I asked for what a range in prices I could have been looking at so as to lead on to sickpups equally helpful suggestion of paying it out of my wages. Wink

P.S It's spelt intelligence. Doh!

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 16:23 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
https://www.filmz.de/film_2001/snatch_schweine_und_diamanten/foto.jpg

Reminds me of this picture...

https://www.jonpascoe.co.uk/images/chav_party/10.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 16:50 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

a perfect example, of which way to look when reversing Razz

peak of cap tucked nicely up out of your eyes, and away you go Wink

Whistle
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This much stress over a bent boot, just wait till he finds out you've had sex Shocked

Last edited by sickpup on 17:51 - 20 Apr 2006; edited 1 time in total
ZRX61 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:11 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:

So whats so fucking "URGENT!!" about it then? absolutely fuck all. twat.
It's early. I just woke up. Rolling Eyes

Nothing now, initially there was a certain "urgency" about it.

Early? Meaning you haven't had 10 bagels yet?

I'm most impressed with your attempts to wind me up. Quite frankly it isn't working and your torrents of abuse don't really faze me at all.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:12 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
This much stress over a bent boot, just wait till he finds out you've had sex Shocked

The stress was gone by the end of the night and this thread had died by the next day, until somebody trolled upon it in a very reflective manor. Wink

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 20:44 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see your lack of experience though minimal miles is paying off jon. Wink

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 22:36 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
I'm most impressed with your attempts to wind me up. Quite frankly it isn't working.

No need for me to wind you up, you managed that all by yourself.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:11 - 20 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
Jon B wrote:
I'm most impressed with your attempts to wind me up. Quite frankly it isn't working.

No need for me to wind you up, you managed that all by yourself.

Right, so long as you know that.

Anyway this thread served it's purpose long ago the problem is all sorted so ner.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 08:42 - 21 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the outcome?? Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2