Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Which gear oil?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ian

PostPosted: 22:42 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: Which gear oil? Reply with quote

I run my new bike on Castrol TTS as recommened by the site, but which gear oil do u use. Silkolene Light gear oil is currently in, is this upto the job & can u use normal 10/40w car/bike oil in it.
You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 22:49 - 10 Feb 2002    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silkolene Comp Gear was the fluid of choice when I was riding mine. Any light to medium weight good quality gear oil should do you fine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 01:08 - 11 Feb 2002    Post subject: check the engine1 Reply with quote

Last time I looked I think my engine (on the NSR) had a little sticker which said to use 10/40 oil. Don't think that it specifies a favoured brand though. Think I stuck some duckhams in mine? (it was a while ago now). Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 19 years, 144 days between these two posts...
driedpie This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:38 - 30 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone was asking about the oldest thread to be revived - this has surely got to be it?!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:28 - 30 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
Someone was asking about the oldest thread to be revived - this has surely got to be it?!

There is a gap of 19 years, 144 days between these two posts...

Holy fuckballs Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 30 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

driedpie wrote:
ALL GEAR GP is the oil I bought it for lubing the chain of my Yamaha FZS-FI V2.0. using it as a chain lube is very good and economically cheap rather than any other chain lube availables in market. I feel item sent by cloudtail is 100% original and well packed also.

We prefer Astroglyde Products as Lubricunt around here.

(Not that Flavoured shite though. It's got artificial sweetener in it. Sick )

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 30 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
driedpie wrote:
ALL GEAR GP is the oil I bought it for lubing the chain of my Yamaha FZS-FI V2.0. using it as a chain lube is very good and economically cheap rather than any other chain lube availables in market. I feel item sent by cloudtail is 100% original and well packed also.

We prefer Astroglyde Products as Lubricunt around here.

(Not that Flavoured shite though. It's got artificial sweetener in it. Sick )

Used motor oil. Way cheaper and it was only gonna be thrown over the neighbour's wall anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 302 days between these two posts...
goncavid This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:36 - 28 Apr 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this some sort of a record?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1