Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Petrol over ?1 a litre soon...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 17:08 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Petrol over £1 a litre soon... Reply with quote

BP chief Lord Browne says petrol will soon cost over £1 a litre.
This is as BP makes a profit of $5.282billion in the first quarter of 2006 Shocked

BBC news story click here.

Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GBUK101
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:34 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell! This is getting out of hand. The government really needs to step in here and sort this out soon. This should spark some more of those fuel protests like they had a few years back, there's no need for fuel to cost that ammount especially with the profits they have made.

NC30UK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:20 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel actually costs about 25p a litre, then add on the petrol companys 25p, and the governments 50p tax and you have yourself £1 per litre. Mad

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:50 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB-UK wrote:
Bloody hell! This is getting out of hand. The government really needs to step in here and sort this out soon. This should spark some more of those fuel protests like they had a few years back, there's no need for fuel to cost that ammount especially with the profits they have made.

its not the oil companies mostly its the government:

#1 for the 300% tax on fuel

#2 for buggering up the economy such that they sit back and watch the cash roll in

#3 for starting wars making other states scared and develop weapons for their defence/attack/whatever

#4 The massive windfall tax Gordon has put on oil companies such that this year they'll make big pretax profits but post tax profits probably stay the same.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BlackSheep
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:01 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC30UK wrote:
Fuel actually costs about 25p a litre, then add on the petrol companys 25p, and the governments 50p tax and you have yourself £1 per litre. Mad

The tax on a litre of unleaded is actually 63 pence

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're hovering around 94p a litre here. It seems to be cheaper everywhere else I go! Rolling Eyes

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 23:24 - 25 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Price round here is about 95p a litre at the moment, so that is about 62p tax.

Maybe there will be a protest, but you can be pretty sure the government are quite happy about the high fuel prices.

All the best

Keith

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 10:22 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need another strike, this is getting stupid again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll get to the point where people can't afford to put fuel into vehicles to go to work.

Government might have a rethink at that point.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 11:10 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ben paying 99.9 for over 3 weeks now for deisel while my local garage waits for the pumps to be altered to show £1.00 per litre.

Load of bollocks

mchaggis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. The best price I've seen for unleaded in Aberdeen/ Dyce is 92.9 at a Shell garage. The best price in Inverurie is 97.9! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's roughly 94.9 pence around here. I suspect it will cause those who are less fortunate than us to resort to driving out of the forecourt without paying for the fuel. It's already happened in a few places in Sheffield I heard.

Lawnie
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:50 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think yourselves lucky that most of you are riding <1 litre capacity machines. Think of poor Jane with her 4 litre Range Rover - those school runs and weekly shopping trips are gonna cripple those car drivers with needlessly large capacity cars.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 22:15 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob84 wrote:
You think yourselves lucky that most of you are riding <1 litre capacity machines. Think of poor Jane with her 4 litre Range Rover - those school runs and weekly shopping trips are gonna cripple those car drivers with needlessly large capacity cars.

I drive a 3.1 litre Trooper Shocked mind you it does return 27 mpg

ph1l
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:23 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on www.petrolprices.com
you put your post code in and it finds the cheapest petrol near you, bu then sign up to actually find out what garages are cheap, its all free by the way.

Lawnie
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:30 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months back I had to fill up at a station I'd never used before. It was quite amusing that, still stuck onto the pump, was a list of quick pence per litre to gallon conversions.

The list ended at something like 79.9.

damnas
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:56 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

God that's expensive, good thing it'll be cheaper for us then Very Happy

My dads car costs £50+ for a full tank, it's ridiculous

We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sarge-Devil
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bloody hell! This is getting out of hand. The government really needs to step in here and sort this out soon. This should spark some more of those fuel protests like they had a few years back, there's no need for fuel to cost that ammount especially with the profits they have made

Its the goverment who make a packet out of us...

Quote:
It'll get to the point where people can't afford to put fuel into vehicles to go to work.

Government might have a rethink at that point.

They want us all to use public transport...but if we all suddenly went on the buses that would seriously affect thier profits.. Rolling Eyes

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:33 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filled up earlier at local pumps, now charging 99.9p/ltr for super. Crying or Very sad

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:51 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont mention a fuel depot blockade....... How will people with jobs get to work when some doley blocks ellesmere port depot, whilst claiming he is somehow helping us all. Mad

judderman3000
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:45 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckily enough my bike does 120mpg, go me!!! then again it has a top speed of like 50mph so Sad

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 28 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING BLOKE DOWN THE PUB MOMENT

But its reputed that there are no fuel protests because the recent new laws such as the prevention of terrorism act and the police and serious crime act curb such protests.

In that such protests , go slows on motorways , can be considered an act of terrorism and as such protesting can be met with 30 days imprisonment being gang raped in the showers by Bubba ,before being freed without charge it might have been 90 days too hence the reason why there are no protests.

And if a heckler at a Labour conference can be arrested as a terrorist just think how wide the terrorist definition is..[/code]
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 28 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

judderman3000 wrote:
luckily enough my bike does 120mpg, go me!!! then again it has a top speed of like 50mph so Sad

possession of bikes that do over 100MPG is a terrorist offence! , the deny the people more of your money in fuel tax revenue and hence you are required to hand yourself into the nearest local cleansing centre where you will be reeducated.

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 13:38 - 28 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.aip.com.au/pricing/oecd.htm

an interesting breakdown of fuel prices around the world, and what amount of it is tax.

a

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 28 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i filled up with BP ultimate last week..... 1.010 per litre! Shocked

BP, Basildon... you are named and shamed!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3