Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 17:04 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Reply with quote

really not into RPG usually, and turned my nose up at this as well initially

as when Morrowmind was released all those moons ago, my pc didnt even have the clout to boot it up

but having read the reviews of Oblivion, it does look bloody outstanding

anyone played it yet or looking to? what did you make of it?
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 18:01 - 26 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if you want to errr how should i say? try it before you buy it Wink

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty amazing, just because there is so much to do in it. Much like the GTA type games, there is the main storyline and then ones only in a specific place time etc.

You will need a pretty hefty PC to make it look good though. I am running a AMD64 2.1Ghz, 1GB RAM and a cheap GFX card and it runs it okay on 'default' and at 800 x 600 resolution.

If you have lots of time to waste, this is how to do it Thumbs Up

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 19:02 - 27 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

just building a Athlon 64 3700 with 2GB ram and 512 graphics, so hopefully will be able to exploit a fair bit of it Very Happy

cant wait to have a go, dont reckon i'll have the spare time needed for games like this though
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:54 - 28 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the first one for the xbox, it's a good game but the lack of multiplayer really lets it down. They should make a game along the same lines (Morrowind, WoW, EQ etc) for a console that can be played online and even better system link. There seems to be a big gap in the console market for proper RPGs, oh and flying games...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 12:33 - 28 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,ve been playing it for ages, currently have completed the main quest and most of the smaller ones.

l,m a level 30 knight and hold the rank of listener in the dark brother hood (highest rank), areana champion (highest rank), Knight brother in the blades (highest rank), and and a middle ish rank in the fighters guild.

l,ve own a manison in anvil and have a house out side bruma, l also have a dark brother hood murderer who follows and which l can give orders to plus l have a horse called "shadow bain". l,ve got every single ebony/glass/dralic/dragon types of armour/shield/weapons plus various enchanced ones. and am a expert of the blade and of the block and heavy amour and currently have 56,000 in cash and every one loves and hails me.

Laughing
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 20:14 - 29 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
I,ve been playing it for ages, currently have completed the main quest and most of the smaller ones.

l,m a level 30 knight and hold the rank of listener in the dark brother hood (highest rank), areana champion (highest rank), Knight brother in the blades (highest rank), and and a middle ish rank in the fighters guild.

l,ve own a manison in anvil and have a house out side bruma, l also have a dark brother hood murderer who follows and which l can give orders to plus l have a horse called "shadow bain". l,ve got every single ebony/glass/dralic/dragon types of armour/shield/weapons plus various enchanced ones. and am a expert of the blade and of the block and heavy amour and currently have 56,000 in cash and every one loves and hails me.

Laughing

You have FAR too much spare time Tatters - you need to get yourself a girlfriend!

I've been playing in on the 360 since it came out (not constantly obviously), and can say I am damn impressed Thumbs Up

Acid
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 05:23 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game but need a monster rig to do the game justice, (looks stunning)

I,m on a break from it atm so i just trawling around bike forums

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting sick of BF2, finally. Just watched the video review & looks great! I'm thinking of getting it but want to get the most out of the game so it looks good, anyone know how this would run?

2.80Ghz, 1gb ram, 9700pro

Thanks.

Dot_Comm
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:57 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked this up yesterday. So far enjoying it, tho I haven't got that far yet. I have an Athlon 64 4000, 2GB RAM and an AGP GeForce 6800 GT 256MB and it looks very very pretty.

Unfortunately I'm suffering from major mouse lag. I've managed to get rid of it in the log book menus but it's still around in the talk-to-people menus. If I can get beyond that I think I'll enjoy the game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lanester
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:12 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you aint got a PC up to the job, and ur thinking of getting your self a Nvidia 7800 GTX OC for £400 or something stupid, stop, think, look at benchmarking reviews and realise a XBOX360 is £200 and will run the game at much higher settings then a current gen £3000 PC.

So theres my advice, get a xbox360, oblivion and enjoy!!!

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an AMD64 3000+, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD etc with a £100 X800 Graphics card

It runs great on what it calls 'high' (autodetects the settings), so no dont go get an Xbox360 as you only need a midrange card you idiot.

Xbox360 graphics will be outdated in a few months anyway and you cannot upgrade Karma

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 09:14 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Ive got P4 3Ghz processor, 1.5 Gig ram and a Geforce 6600GT, and I have to run on all minimum settings, and it still runs like shite Sad.

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its just some graphics cards work better than others then

Smithy
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 10 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily i already have a 360, as my pc is no where near good enough for oblivion. Anyone else bored of it yet? The whole games repition basically, close loads of gates, main quests, and guilds are good. But apart from that its, continually raiding dungeons trying to level. Nver thought id have a bad word to say about it. More of a final fantasy fan, prefer the cut scenes and the stories.

lanester
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:16 - 10 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got an xbox360 cos i cant be bothered with upgrading all the time, if your into that then fair enough, plus its easier Smile

If you what to see how you cpu/gpu performs on oblivion an extenxive review has been done @ Anandtech

GPU Performance https://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2746

CPU Performance https://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2747

hth

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 20:44 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it the other day, and installed it earlier

played through the tutorial, and saved it just before leaving the sewers

i ended up as an Imperial Archer with the warrior birthsign, the guard of the emperor dude recommended that I looked like an archer to him, not sure how he got to that conclusion, but i went with it, and chose the warrior birthsign to try and add something beneficial to the class

between race, class, and birthsign i can see that there are a hell of a lot of variables, and i was just wondering how the hell you work out what would be best

or do you recommended that just go with whatever, and give it a try? dont want to get to a point, get stuck, and find that had i done such and such at the character creation stage, it would have been easier to progress

well impressed by the game though, computer seems to run it well, as the draw distance was automatically set to MAHOOSIVE and ive not observed any slow down yet, when i first emerged from the sewers i spent about ten mins just enjoying the scenery Laughing

any point about the class/race system would be appreciated Thumbs Up

Ahmato_
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:04 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may go and *aquire* this now...

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 01:41 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

totalled 3.5 hours today, considering i've barely started the main quest, its scary to think the hours you could tot up, just finished playing for the moment

changed character race to redguard rather than imperial, but stuck with the archer

went to waynon priory, and then on to kvatch, managed to close the oblivion gate, but called it a night after that, very very impressed, it just gets better and better

combat can be a little hit and miss at times, but with unlimited save opportunities you cant really complain too much

and the horses are great Thumbs Up

scampypants
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:32 - 21 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

its an amazing game they have brought out an update for people with lowser spec graphics cards, also it runs better if you use imaging software so its not waiting for your dvd drive to catch up all the time

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 21 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the 360 version any good? Seen it playing for about 20 minutes and wasn't impressed, but that was at the beginning.

scampypants
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:16 - 21 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got both, pc and 360, it depends what kind of games you like if you didnt like morrowind then you probably wont like this.
cant wait to see it on a hd tv though.

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 21 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

scampypants wrote:
its an amazing game they have brought out an update for people with lowser spec graphics cards, also it runs better if you use imaging software so its not waiting for your dvd drive to catch up all the time

Where can i find info on this update?

scampypants
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:43 - 21 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its an ati update so if you have an ati card use thier latest updates

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pc can't run it fast enough because it's a bit laggy which is annoying. Is there anway for me to store the files somewhere or put them on disc as i want to save the game for when i get a better system? Is it possible to spread the 4gb of files over a number of discs, if so how?

Thank you. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 315 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2