Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

sony erricson w800i recommendation

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 18:26 - 28 Apr 2006    Post subject: sony erricson w800i recommendation Reply with quote

Hiya guys,

I just got a new Sony Erricson w800i phone on my contract and I'd heartily recommend it to anyone wanting a good multi purpose phone. It looks cool and has a sturdy finish to it. The battery life is good to for a phone of this spec…I reckon you’ll get three days out of it with moderate call usage. Obviously playing with the toys seriously wrecks this!

Most importantly I suppose is the fact that this is a good phone. The call quality is excellent, texting is easy and utilises a good predictive text solution and the phones menu's are easy to navigate. The navigation joystick, which used to be the bane of older Sony phones has been corrected. The buttons are also well spaced and have a nice sturdy feel to them.

Ring tones and text tones can be changed to any mp3 or midi file you want and the phone has a good external speaker so you can hear incoming calls. Other really handy features on the phone is the ability to record phone calls; great when dealing with cunts like NTL who promise one thing then do something else Evil or Very Mad ; a torch; which is basically the camera flash but you don’t have to activate the camera and a RDS radio.

The camera on it is a 2mb pixel doo da, and it takes shots comparable to that of a digi cam (albeit a older one!) but given the technology its fantastic (see attachment). If your clever and play about with brightness settings and flash you can get a good representation of night time colours as well but I couldn't tell you how well it works in pubs n clubs yet. All in all, an excellent camera for when you want to capture the moment.

The video camera mode is good and run at 176 x 128 or something similar. Its acceptable and comparable to the Samsung D600 but still nowhere near a replacement for a real digital video camera.

The MP3 player is well implemented and very functional. The side buttons on the phone act as a method of interaction so even if the keypad is locked you can still change the volume, skip tracks and play n pause. More importantly is the headphone, which come with the phone. They are actually quite good and comfortable. Sound quality is very respectable and my only niggle is the fact you have to connect an adapter to the headphones to get them to plug into the phone. This is because the headphones and adapter also act as a hands free kit.

The phone also comes with a Sony 512mb memory stick, usb charging cable that allows you to transfer music and files over, a charger, and memory card adapter so you can plug the memory card straight into a card reader and software. The phone will accept up to a 4 Gb memory stick so you really get a good flash disk solution as well if you move data about frequently.

All in all a top bit of kit!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1