PostPosted: 13:57 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: New tent woo! Reply with quote

https://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9381/dscf00342qj.jpg
Now its tiny..
https://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1255/dscf00333gn.jpg
Now its fugin huge!
https://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7614/dscf00307be.jpg
(obviously not fully propperly put up)
£50 from argos, bargin Very Happy

The two man tent was great but fitting all my stuff in and my girldriends gear just wasn't happening :/

Anyone looking for a newone should have a look at the argos stuff, loads of money off some of them (this had £10, there was up to £40 odd off some)

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

now lets see you get it all back in that wee bag like when you bought it Very Happy

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

(i actually cheated with the pic, the first pic is after puting it back, but yeh i was worried for a moment Razz)

gimpy limp
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:28 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, plenty of room for us to strip nekkid and get cosy together in the sleeping bag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 16:36 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gimpy limp wrote:
ooh, plenty of room for us to strip nekkid and get cosy together in the sleeping bag.

I'll be there Mr. Green

Looks like a good tent for 50 quid Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gimpy limp
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:43 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're gonna need a bigger sleeping bag to fit all three of us in their Surprised Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How easy is that to put up?

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 17:26 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tent looks good but i wouldnt envy you having to have to carry that bloody watering can around so you can erect the tent.

Laughing

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gimpy limp + McGee wrote:
...Dirty and wrong..

Theres storeage space for the colslaw Thumbs Up

Nath wrote:
How easy is that to put up?

Its not too bad, the flysheet and inner bit can be put together and then repitched later together (one eason i tryed it out today) the poles are fiberglass and you can get spares easy enough, it was a bit tricky at first getting the poles to locate but theres adjusting straps make it easyer.. you kind of have to peg it down to put it together propperly or it will just fall over

You can get ones that just click into place (like the one barwick is haveing off me Razz ) which are freakishly easy to put up..

WR450_geezer
Nobody likes me

PostPosted: 18:18 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tent mate, good price aswell. Hope it last you some good trips. Where do you go camping and for how long?

Heres my carp fishing tent. Costs £350 and the new camo model cost £450. Bleady excellent bivvy though, have it erected in under 10 seconds and can withstand hurricane conditions and trees falling on it (waits for some smart ass comment) Razz

WR

0ddball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR450_geezer wrote:
and can withstand hurricane conditions and trees falling on it (waits for some smart ass comment) Razz

WR

What, bonsai trees?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR450_geezer wrote:
Heres my carp fishing tent. Costs £350 and the new camo model cost £450.

Holy carping hell! looks nifty though..

Going to be at a rally in the next couple of weeks and going to download this year, hopefully (hopefully) will actually get to scotland this year touring so would be cool to use then as well!

Asda do tents for £20, there practicaly disposeable now :/ (i'd expect there'll be loads left at leads if anyone is pikey enough to take one Razz )

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rally in the next couple of weeks would be rat+survival right? Are you thinking of heading down for the Friday night, or just for the Saturday?

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep thats the one Wink (allthough mines practicaly a tart mobile)

(sent ye a pm)

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 00:19 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours is bigger.

Has a hall way leading into 3 big bed rooms, a roof that folds out of the front for the kitchen/sitting area, also has a hole in the top of the hall if your cooking inside Laughing

It's made of funky material that keeps it warm in winter, and cool in summer, only downside is it weights a fook load.

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh theres some crazyly bigones now, and not really hugely expensive either consideringwhat you get..

Cooking area sounds nifty, still not sure about firse inside however well trated it is Shocked (even if the tent is fire proof your clothes probably aint)

WR450_geezer
Nobody likes me

PostPosted: 12:52 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.z wrote:
Yeh theres some crazyly bigones now, and not really hugely expensive either consideringwhat you get..

Cooking area sounds nifty, still not sure about firse inside however well trated it is Shocked (even if the tent is fire proof your clothes probably aint)

Fishing in crazy winter condiitons you sometimes have no chouce but to put a stove on in the tent. Confused

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:38 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

Something you may find a bit of a problem with on that sort of tent is if it gets hit by a strong sidewind. They can bend over quite a lot.

My new tent is a similar design but it has an extra addition that sorts this problem out and it struck me as both clever and simple.

It has these 'tension bands', just bits of flat nylon tape that run from where you peg the ends of the poles down to just before the top of the arc of the pole (inside the tent). Fitted quite loosely, what happens is that the pole flexes so-far then the tension band 'catches' it and transferrs the force down onto the peg.

It would be really easy to retro-fit some if this was a problem. I did a picture (tension bands in red).

satans_BIG_helper
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:33 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice looking tent for the money

i have 2 tents.. one lighter one for the bike, rallies and backpacky stuff

https://www.elliotts-outdoor.co.uk/shop/images/products/rt10.jpg

and a bigger one for when i am going somewhere for a week or so i can fit a double air bed in it and a kingsize sleeping bag and i can stand up in it, it doesnt pack too big so i might even use it on some rallies this year if i can get a decent luggage rack sorted to carry it

https://www.tents-direct.co.uk/images/db/SAVANAH_m.JPG
https://www.tents-direct.co.uk/images/db/SAVANNAH.JPG

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 04:01 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
My new tent is a similar design but it has an extra addition that sorts this problem out and it struck me as both clever and simple.

My tent (Vango Tempest 200) has those as well, though I've never used it in rough enough conditions to warrant using them.

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
..tension bands..

That is very clever, i'll keep something like that in the tent bag, theres a coiple of loops that would be perfect for that..

I'm hopeing the weather dosn't get that bad mind Razz (but hey, its england, anything can happen)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1