Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fuggin diggin' dog !

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 18:30 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Fuggin diggin' dog ! Reply with quote

Advice heartily received here...

We have a nice (ish) garden.
My Fiance is proud of his lawn (the garden used to be a dreadful state, but he did it up)
He looks after the grass nicely.

Now, we have a 4 foot fence around the garden.
And a gate.
My child plays out there now it is getting warmer.
We have a dog, and is not allowed to pee and poo out there as it is not hygenic for my kid, so he goes on a paved area near the house, which gets bleached regularly.

2 doors down they have 2 dogs.
One escapes daily.
It has taken to getting into next doors garden, then he DIGS under the fence to get into our garden.
Thus, he has made 2 deep holes into our lawn.

The dog then pees and poos everywhere, and lets himself back into his own garden, or goes for a wander.

We have complained to the owners about 20 times, since last spring, and my other half (upon finding the 2nd big hole today) has just been round again.
All we are met with is "Sorry...blah, blah"
It is painfully annoying
Something needs doing

OH wants to complain to environmental health.
Do you think this would be a good idea ?
I don't want to fall out with anyone, but this is our property, and why should WE concrete a 7 foot fence down into the ground when it is her at fault.

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 18:34 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbed wire is cheap, you could subtley bury a load of it, so it gets a shock if it digs down.

The neighbour won't know any different, as they wont be able to see it, so you won't fall out with them, all that will happen is the dog will stop coming into your garden.

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 18:48 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

carvell wrote:
Barbed wire is cheap, you could subtley bury a load of it, so it gets a shock if it digs down.

Wow, that is a cool idea ! Thumbs Up
He likes that idea a lot

Any idea who the hell sells small amounts of barbed wire ?

J x

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple but effective solution, if you see the dog do this, would be, when it next gives it a go, stand next to the fence and blare an airhorn at it when it's nearly under. I guarantee it will not be doing it again. Mr. Green Twisted Evil

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 18:50 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
A simple but effective solution, if you see the dog do this, would be, when it next gives it a go, stand next to the fence and blare an airhorn at it when it's nearly under. I guarantee it will not be doing it again. Mr. Green Twisted Evil

I wish !!
Our plan was... catch it in the act, throw something at it's head, or throw water over it... but he is a crafty beggar !
He is usually long gone, or just leaving

He likes our garden I think, because it gets one over on our dog PLUS he gets through to the park from our garden
He's a little sh*t

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 19:34 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inform the police that the dog has been getting in your garden and has attacked your child, the poilce will take the dog off the owner and will have it destroyed. Thumbs Up
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you see your neighbour, tell her calmly that the problem is still happening and advise her that if she is unable to keep her mutt under control you will have no option but to complain to your local Council. Allowing a dog to roam free and foul in public areas or on other peoples proerty is a "nuisance" in legal terms and you would be entitled to sue her privately if you wished, however it is also likely to be against local byelaws and therefore it is much easier for you if the council deal with it.

They will send a dog warden round to see your neighbour who will explain the options to her and also the penalties if she fails to comply. She is likely to be taken to court and fined. If the dog is getting out because her property is insecure (lack of adequate fencing or gates for example) they may serve notice on her to secure and if she doesn't they can secure her property and bill her for it. They can also serve her with an ASBO.

I know this because to my eternal shame I discovered that my dog was our local nuisance as my then teenage kids were letting him out (we had no front fence or gates on the garden at the time) unsupervised while I was at work. I would have much preferred to have had a friendly chat from a neighbour to alert me to the problem, unfortunatley one of my neighbours (still don't know who) chose to report me.

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 19:48 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

JodieWodie wrote:
He likes that idea a lot

J x

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Garden-Barbed-Wire-15mtr-boxed_W0QQitemZ7761624893QQcategoryZ20505QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

15 metres for only £6!

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot the fucker Thumbs Up

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 19:54 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

carvell wrote:
JodieWodie wrote:
He likes that idea a lot

J x

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Garden-Barbed-Wire-15mtr-boxed_W0QQitemZ7761624893QQcategoryZ20505QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

15 metres for only £6!

Even better is razor wire.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Razor-Wire-450-mm-boxed-with-warning-sign_W0QQitemZ7613872438QQcategoryZ26197QQssPageNameZWD4VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 19:58 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the splendid advice !!

Babyyam - wow, such detail there.
Thanks a lot

The neighbour next door is just moving in (doing the house up), and the dog owning neighbour ASKED HIM if he was going to be putting a secure fence up between their gardens as her dogs keep getting out !!
How fing cheeky is that !!?
Her dogs, her problem, she wants to know when HE is putting a big fence up to hold HER dogs in !!!
The fence that is there now is only a couple of foot high, and she has balanced wood, wire, all sorts of cr*p on the top to stop the dogs escaping.
But they still do. She has one chained up permanently now, but it is the other free one that comes in our garden. He jumps over her low gate Rolling Eyes

My OH has said if one more TINY thing happens... another turd, another hole, he will go round AGAIN Shocked Rolling Eyes and say what you have quoted
He says he doesn't care if she 'falls out' with us, she is in the wrong

Oh, and babyyam, I think I will find it hard to be calm... I can't be where kids are concerned
I have been calm FAR too many times
I mean, I complained at the start of the week... we seem to do it all the time
My kid was the one who was rolling around in the garden this evening when she noticed the poo
I mean, my dog would be shot if he ever fouled on the lawn, AND he knows it !

no_shad
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:53 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any consolation my uncles bloodhound chewed through their fairly new kitchen, at that point it went to live outside.
I kid you not, it then chewed through most of the concrete patio slabs. Surprised

damnas
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:21 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell, not a lot of dog lovers here then!

Take a picture of the dog in the act if you can - if NOT - take a picture of it's path of destruction!!

What kind of dog is it?

If she's a dog owner, with a nuisance dog, she should put foundations on her fences to prevent her dog from fucking off and annoying other dogs and gardens!!

Suggest to the owner and it's for the dogs own safety - what if the dog escapes and runs into the garden and gets attacked by foxes, kids, runs out in front of a car, anything; it seems quite obvious that she's not going to do anything about it, so go to your council one day and see if they can do something about it.

I don't know, I'm not a dog owner myself, just have a lot of friends with lovely dogs!

All the best

We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:24 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's dangerous to have a dog shitting in an area children play in.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1