Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

GF's Insurance problem

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: GF's Insurance problem Reply with quote

Yo,

GF is fully comp on her car insurance and the other night while she was in bed some old geezer reversed into her car. Two people saw this happen, the old guy admitted it and has gave over his details etc.

She is with the AA so she rang them to try and get it sorted out. Heres where the trouble started. They want her to pay the excess on HER policy for them to persue it. Whilst this is on the go they will also suspend her no claims. The alternative they gave is to go through a company called 'Hellfire' who will sort it all out.

Has anyone else ever heard of anything so ludicrous, she has a clean cut case yet the effing AA want her to pay her excess before they will make a phone call to this old gits insurance for a payout? Im perplexed. Shocked

WR450_geezer
Nobody likes me

PostPosted: 22:21 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA = Absolute Arseholes.

wr
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:17 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Re: GF's Insurance problem Reply with quote

Villers wrote:
The alternative they gave is to go through a company called 'Hellfire' who will sort it all out.

The alternative is she can use any of the no win no fee claims companys around, think there's a few to choose from. Smile

No claims being suspended until who's at fault has been decided between the insurers I think.

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the car to a main dealer to get it fixed.

It's commonplace to have to pay the excess, which will then be refunded when liability has been worked out. By the time it is fixed, the insurance companies will often have already worked it out so you may not have to pay it at all.

Make sure you get a decent hire car whilst the car is being fixed. Try Helphire.

Mal
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:46 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is typical process for all insurance companies. Unless the liability is decided before the repairs are complete, you'll have to pay the excess when the car repairs have been completed and then claim them back from the other drivers insurance company. Nothing will happen to her NCB at the moment, but if the claim is still in dispute at her renewal, she'll lose 2 years of her current total (unless she has less than 2 in which case she'll drop back to 0) until the dispute is settled. If it's then settled in her favour she will get her 2 years (or however many it was) back, then her additional one for this years cover.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 18:23 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a con, I know

When my bike was hit by a car I had to pay £250 excess straight away, and then his ins company paid me it back at a later stage

I didn't lose my NCB at all
Not my fault

As it wasn't her fault, I would say she will keep hers too

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 03 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to pay the excess when some retard employed by B&Q cracked my bumper with a trolley. I also lost my ncb until the matter was finally settled so my insurance went up when I renewed it. I did get the money back, but it took over 12 months from the accident happening to it all being finalised.
B&Q had originally said they would pay for the repairs if I gave them 3 quotes, but then they started being awkward & refusing to speak to us so I ended up passing it over to my insurance company. I think the final bill came to about £1300.
Damage to my car (a 99 mondy estate) was a 2 inch long crack in the front bumper!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
I had got quotes between £500 & £700 from some local garages, but they were main dealers and included a hire car.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1