Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

FZR project fun bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:33 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: FZR project fun bike Reply with quote

Hi, some of you may not like it thats fair enough, but I decided to give an old fzr I got extremely cheap, a bit of a face lift. Its my new fun bike, something just for wheelies, stoppies and the like...

4 extra teeth on the back should be quite interesting Very Happy. Its got 748 top fairing and side panels with the single light at the front, custom rear subframe to suit a custom tail section with built in rear light and indicators. Also two holes for the two underseat carbon end cans. After that it has had a complete re-spray, many people don't like it but I think its a bit crazy and a bit different so I like it Very Happy. Part polished part powdercoated frame and same with the wheels. Many parts need finishing off but I thought i'd post up to show you guys, Thumbs Up Dan

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squint and it looks like sonic the hedgehog.

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

downpipes are bit too much but other than that it looks ace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:55 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Squint and it looks like sonic the hedgehog.

Laughing
Quote:
downpipes are bit too much but other than that it looks ace.

Yeah, unfortunately this was the only way I could route them up to the cans under the seat. I could have cut through the swing arm but I really couldn't be arsed with all the fabrication that would have needed. I think I'm going to stick sum sort of grill up the side to cover up the two pipes Confused not sure yet though, Thumbs Up Dan

Sephiroth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks funky as hell Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 23:35 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a race replica

Its not the latest hot sports bike

Its what you wanted when the project started...

Therefore I like it!

Individuality is good. Its not to my taste, but I appreciate it for what it is!

well done! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 08 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks teh (yes, i meant to write teh) sex. I love the downpipes.

Cookie!
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:29 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the paintwork, good job Thumbs Up

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:30 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have 2 filler caps on the petrol tank? Confused Laughing

It's a beautifully finished bike, contraversial, a definite head-turner.

Nice job. Smile Thumbs Up

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 00:35 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks different, which I like!

Disagree with your sig btw.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 02:08 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Mr. Green

spinglass
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:35 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I really like it. Thumbs Up

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 09:54 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan you had to come along and make me look bad didn't you? Razz

Very impressive mate, not too sure about the paint job but i love the polished rims, body work and under seat cans.

Where'd you get the airbrushing done?

And how much did you spend in total?

I'd give a 9/10 overall Thumbs Up

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:15 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I really wasn't expecting such a good response, thanks a lot guys Very Happy Razz

Laughing Cheers quacker, the airbrushing was done by me and a friend and overall its cost me, including the original cost fo the bike around £1700. I budgeted for around £2000, so that I could get just the bike I wanted and I liked to ride, still a few bits and bobs to finish off yet though

Gaz, as for my sig, its just something to try and bring home the fact that biking is dangerous. I myself as a biker can argue this isn't the case all day long as well if your careful you will never get hurt, but since my recent big off, its made me realise just how easy it is.

Thanks again, Dan Thumbs Up

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 12:19 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bastard! That's f**k all for a project to come out looking as good as that, i'm hopefully doing an airbrush tuition course this summer with a guy called John Callaghan Smile

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:29 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bastard! That's f**k all for a project to come out looking as good as that, i'm hopefully doing an airbrush tuition course this summer with a guy called John Callaghan

Well I do all the work myself, such as fabrication, welding, moulding etc... thats really why it cost so little. Good luck with the airbrush course but I still believe if you were to read up about it and buy yourself the basics, you could teach yourself, Thumbs Up Dan

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see the front.

Looks ok, not to keen on the paint though Shocked
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 13:21 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bidman wrote:
Quote:
Bastard! That's f**k all for a project to come out looking as good as that, i'm hopefully doing an airbrush tuition course this summer with a guy called John Callaghan

Well I do all the work myself, such as fabrication, welding, moulding etc... thats really why it cost so little. Good luck with the airbrush course but I still believe if you were to read up about it and buy yourself the basics, you could teach yourself, Thumbs Up Dan

you should have made a post here while you did so we could have followed your progress and then seen the finished product Thumbs Up

any pics of what it was like at start, while doing it?

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:33 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wanna see the front.

Heres a few pictures of the front end, the forks need dropping through a little bit to bring the nose down a tad.

Quote:
you should have made a post here while you did so we could have followed your progress and then seen the finished product

any pics of what it was like at start, while doing it?

Well it wasn't really a very long project only took a few weeks and unfortunately didn't think to take any pictures of it before. It was just and old tatty red and white fzr with a buggered top end. I will take pictures of my next project, not sure what it will be just yet though, Thumbs Up Dan

jonnay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:00 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked That's stunning!

Just need to treat it to a new number plate now, a nice, tarty, refurbished bike with the original oily number plate Laughing

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 14:48 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very different, very nice, Love the single head light but whats it like power wise the light not the bike ?

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:21 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Very different, very nice, Love the single head light but whats it like power wise the light not the bike ?

Not sure just yet, I havent really styarted on the engine side of things, just fixed the buggered top end as it has dropped a valve so i've given it new pistons, rings etc... reseated the valves a little deeper, ground around the exhaust ports and polished them up a little next stage is to give it a dyno run, and then thing about major mods. Seeing as though I have not done a NOS bike as yet I am giving it some thought, Razz Dan Thumbs Up

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 15:57 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Dan he was talking about the power of the light not the engine Laughing

bidman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:09 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dan he was talking about the power of the light not the engine

Ah crap Embarassed How I miss read that I have no idea. The light has got a nice halogen bulb inside it, I had one from a previous bike and it is as bright as needs to be. On full beam at night it lights up just as far as any other headlight I have had so its all good, Thumbs Up Dan

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 17:51 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, nice bike Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 355 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2