Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

England 'addicted to sex and TV

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 22 Apr 2006    Post subject: England 'addicted to sex and TV Reply with quote

Harsh !!! Surprised

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4933278.stm

Quote:
England is a nation of "overweight, alcopop-swilling, sex-and-celebrity obsessed television addicts", according to a travel guide.

The latest edition of the Rough Guide to England also warns potential visitors that the hearts of many towns "consist of identikit retail zones".

But it praises the nation of "animal loving, tea-drinking charity donors who thrive on irony and Radio 4".

Tourist body Enjoy England has criticised the book as "unhelpful".

Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 14:48 - 22 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets be honest, they've hit the nail on the head

it sucks here Confused
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:51 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

England addicted to sex and tv and BCF chatroom forum things .... Embarassed

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:05 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like rough Guides.

They say it as it is and give you real and useful information - rather than pussy footing around the issue like lonely planet does.

For example, Lonely Planet allowed the chinese government to edit their travel guide to china - the guide is an absolutely useless waste of time as it does its best to avoid issues like pollution, historical massacres and oppresion etc whilst never showing anywwhere in a bad light. Everywhere is a "must see!"

Lonely planet = Bollocks.

Sex crazed, tv addicts? sounds about right.
Alcopop swilling is definitely far too rife in the SE with all the fecking chavs we have around here Evil or Very Mad

Kaben
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:22 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
addicted to sex and tv

Dance! Dance! Dance!

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 23 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not fair, we welsh are addicted to them things too. Neutral

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:51 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i dont think there is anything wrong with sex or tv and its quite worth getting obsessed about either or both
sex on tv is quite good too but i guess u know that already
except the girls who say its disgusting

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to make a choice between Rought Guide and Enjoy England for believability I'd go for the rought guide.

Overweight, TV and sex obsessed...

That Londoners are unhelpful...

Our shopping experience is sterile...

Over-priced, under-funded public transport system...

As a UK citizen I'd say they're all fair comments, as a tourist I'd think they're very helpful.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:51 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of this seems to be all talk and we only do this because we can, I wish people who came here from overseas and complain 24/7 about us fucked off, I wish people who try and give the English a bad name would fuck off, but it won’t happen, like is said its all talk.
I think now with the advent of electronic world wide communication growing at an incredible rate, random people like to be heard, especially the ones with a lot of time on their hands not getting any. lol

I do what I do here and it isn’t anything like the above statements, and most days I try to do a good deed if I can, make someone laugh if I can, and if there is someone in need of help I’ll offer what I can.
I do this because I know I’d like someone to do that for me, my old man taught me how to respect and when to respect just like his dad, filth fucking media scum like winding us up pure and simple. It gets people with nothing better to do talking and makes everyday blend into the next until you stop at some point, look back and realise what you’ve been doing.

I’m happy with where I am, that’s all that matters, if you want to get pedantic how’s about we start slagging off the AIDS ridden Africa, over populated and dirty China, the large number of rent boys in Brazil, the constant muggings in Mexico, the unemployment rate in the US and the French.

Life here’s pretty sweet IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:28 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
personally i dont think there is anything wrong with sex or tv and its quite worth getting obsessed about either or both
sex on tv is quite good too but i guess u know that already
except the girls who say its disgusting

You say that but since I got the LCD flat panel i keep falling off and hurting my self’s witch is a real mood killer.

Some times progress isn’t all it’s cracked up to be i never had this problem with the good old massive CTR TV.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:

Life here’s pretty sweet IMO.

its good , better if you've been to crap places , not so good if you've tasted something better , Siggi posted up a video recently and commented on life in Japan though he is staying here to keep his missus happy.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 15:03 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What video was that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
What video was that?

The Kyoto one with his ex as the pillion here

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=79845&highlight=kyoto

BlackSheep
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:23 - 24 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugger147 wrote:
Thats not fair, we welsh are addicted to them things too. Neutral

I hate telly !!!

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:49 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the best line was 'dont talk to anyone or you will get slapped'.

Anyone else had a image of some random american tourist wandering round brixton on his own late at night asking for directions?
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:50 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV is evil. Thumbs Down

Shopping centres are identikit zones. Thumbs Up

Most people in this country appear to be aclopop swilling tracksuit wearing chavs. Thumbs Up

But I'm not. Thumbs Down

Like any guide that tries to generalise, its obviously full of half truths!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1