BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Drink spiking

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 14:19 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Drink spiking Reply with quote

Right, im pretty sure hazel got spiked last night, we just cant figure out when or how.

Either me or her bought ALL the drinks, they were with friends at least most of the time, and i necked half of her final pint that had been left on the table and felt 100% normal.

Anyway after jogging to latestop up a hill to try and get booze (failed) we walked back. She was completely fine.

Anyway, about 5 minutes later she went from lucid to hysterical. She was hyperventilating quite badly and she couldnt support her own weight.

In the end i called the ambulance, got them to check her out, but she was doing a great impression of the cancer patient from green mile, and without her consent they couldnt do a great deal. But she wasnt acting her normal drunk self.

Anyway, me and manda (one of her best mates who came up after the ambulance turned up) supported her while she had some toast and water, and i had to carry her to the loo and back. She just couldnt support her weight on her legs at all.

Anyway after some toast we chucked her in bed, and i just kept watch a few hours and then went for some kip (bless whiskey).

Anyway this morning shes pretty much ok, just groggy and with next to no recollections of last night, but only since we got in to mine.

So... Anyone know if thats normal if you have you're drink spiked?

To act completely normal for up to an hour including excercise.

And she suffers from insomnia normally, and is a very light sleeper, and yet last night she didnt wake up for shit after she went down. I was sitting here watching scrubs, phones going off, coming in and out of the room falling over things. Absolutely nothing.

About the only good to come out of this is she now believes me about the nature of clubs, bless her.

Just wondering if anyone had similar experiences?

Or anyone know any good sites for list of affects of the common date rape drugs.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen someone after they had their drink spiked and it was very much how you put it.

I've seen in Azda drink "toppers" If someone is drinking bottles, it makes the bottle top smaller so you can use a straw, or just drink normally through it, but it makes it a hell of a lot harder for someone to drop something in.

All of it.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 14:42 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

its sounds like she was very drunk.....how much ahd she eaten that day? because its quite possible the run to the shop caused her blood sugar levels to drop (which causes faintness, dizziness, vomiting etc) and this mixed with lack of sleep and alcohol would cause her to turn zany.

Of course thats just a guess, given you'd been montoring the drinks all night.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 14:47 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons for suggesting the above is simply because I've taken about every barbituate and upper known to man....One or two pills with drink don't cause you to go zany... the only thing I can't comment on are Rohyinol, GBH and ketamine, but ket would turn any drink blkue I think.

btw https://www.trulysafe.co.uk/kits.html Thumbs Up

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 14:57 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal_tiger wrote:

I've seen in Azda drink "toppers" If someone is drinking bottles, it makes the bottle top smaller so you can use a straw, or just drink normally through it, but it makes it a hell of a lot harder for someone to drop something in.

She was drinking snakebites. Couldnt really cover it.

Anyone know the main substances used, and how long they take to work?

We've worked out hazel only had about 3 pints there, and only a tiny bit to drink before she went out. And she'd had ALOT to eat.

The thing is, the only window we can both think of happened about 90 minutes before we got back. And im assuming an imbued substance would take effect quicker then that.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:02 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
One of the reasons for suggesting the above is simply because I've taken about every barbituate and upper known to man....One or two pills with drink don't cause you to go zany... the only thing I can't comment on are Rohyinol, GBH and ketamine, but ket would turn any drink blkue I think.

btw https://www.trulysafe.co.uk/kits.html Thumbs Up

Likewise mate. She didnt seem like she had been 'happy-spiked' ie someone chucking her something 'fun' to be helpful (pills, speed etc).

But like you say, i cant talk about the date rape substances.

And as i said, shed eaten a fair bit, hadnt drunk much, and she was acting very out of character. Also she didnt lack coordination, just the ability to carry out the movement. If you catch my drift. Like shed sit up and just keep going forward and end up forehead first on the bed.

Jamie.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do find out she was spiked for sure, tell the bar / club owner so he/she knows this is happening on their premises and they can monitor the place Wink

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:05 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Jamie- wrote:
If you do find out she was spiked for sure, tell the bar / club owner so he/she knows this is happening on their premises and they can monitor the place Wink

Its a known problem in Bangor, and in that club. Signs everywhere.

senna_f4
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:21 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:

She was drinking snakebites. Couldnt really cover it.

Having seen a large number of spiking cases, I think the girl was not spiked.

Sankebites are not the best stuff, probably she went over the limit her body can handle.

Of course she could have been spike, in general most spiking stuff will put you to sleep, faint etc making you an easy target for the attacker who poses as a helper.

Hope it helps

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you not think it was simply a result of a number of events mixed with the unpredictable nature of alcohol? As with any drug people can drink alcohol again and again without any problems but then react strangely to it on a single occasion.

Is it possible her hyperventilating was a result of eating a lot, drinking three pints, running to get more booze and a bit of good old panic? Although maybe not drunk 3 pints of snakebite will definitely impair balance, the digestive system and mental state?

A girl with one male and one female friend (I think I've got that right), on a week night would not be the usual MO of a 'spiker'.

While I do not intend to dismiss spiking as a possibility, it's just that (after reading your posts) a one-off bad reaction to alcohol consumption sounds much more likely.

Likewise, if your friend now thinks she was spiked, events (and current mental state) will begin to support that belief.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:45 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, everyone was mingling and she was left alone occasionally.

She'd eaten alot earlier.

And manda came round later when i got worried about hazel.

Balance wasnt just impaired, she was physically incapable of supporting herself.

And she doesnt know what to believe, so its not a kneejerk, im spiked rampage. Just its the only way i can see it making sense.

Seems she went from calm and lucid to a complete mess within a minute or two, almost like she 'came up' on a substance. Like i (and craigie b) have said, ive been on most party substances and i know that usually substances you take (such as pills) can leave you completely 100% sober, until something causes you to 'come up'.

Like i say, im not ruling out she was just drunk, but she was in a hell of a state, remembers nothing of it, slept so deeply i thought shed stopped breathing a couple of times and was acting completely out of character.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 16:04 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like i (and craigie b) have said, ive been on most party substances and i know that usually substances you take (such as pills) can leave you completely 100% sober, until something causes you to 'come up'.

A lot of barbituates will elave you in a monged stae, especially when mixed with booze. However the persons eyes go flaming 'blood shot' and looked nearly smacked out. So you'd know it she had taken downers as well as happy pills. That being the case your left with ket, gbh, and rohipnol (SP) but being honest I don't ever think you'll know for sure.

BTW interesting reading

Quote:
The Drugs Used
There are all sorts of drugs used to spike drinks with, but by far the most common substance used is alcohol . Adding single, double, triple or quadruple shots to a drink without the drink owner's permission is illegal . You can alter their mind with alcohol and this leaves them open to any sort of attack .

The most famous drug is the Rohypnol ( date-rape drug , roofie , Roche and Flunitrazepam ). It has been used in many cases of drink spiking and its symptoms are easy to look out for ……. impaired judgement , memory speech and motor skills . It comes in a white tablet form with either ' 1 ' or ' 2 ' or ' ROCHE ' on the front. Legal Rohypnol now makes drink change colours:- Beer = Green , Clear drinks = blue , dark drink = cloudy . Illegal Rohypnol is still made and will not change the colour of drinks . It lasts for up to 8 hours in the body but only takes 20 mins to have an effect. Eventually it can render a person unconscious and death can occur when it is mixed with alcohol . The worst thing about this drug is that you can be aware of what is happening but you just can't stop it .

GHB ( GBH , Liquid ecstasy ) is the most common drug used for drink spiking in the UK. It lasts for up to a day and it only takes 10 minutes to have an effect . It decreases a persons inhibitions as well as impairs their judgement, speech and memory. An overdose + alcohol can result in death. It comes in a clear liquid form or sometimes as a white tablet - it makes drinks taste salty .

Ketamine ( K , special K , Green ) is an anaesthetic used on animals and humans . It is sometimes used as ecstasy by dodgy dealers . Illegally it is small white tablet that effects judgement and speech . It also gives the feeling of slow movement , so it takes a long time to do things ie run away. It can also alter heart and lung function leading to death .

The other drugs that are used are less common: here is a small list of other drugs and what they do - there are more drugs out there that are used to spike drinks, they are mainly sedatives and painkillers .

* Klonopin , - orange / blue pills - similar effects to Rohypnol
* Temazepam ( jellies and eggs ) - small capsules, - similar effects to Rohypnol
* Midazolam - yellow or white crystals - similar effects to Rohypnol
* Oxycodone - pills = yellow and small - euphoric effect, then drowsy and tired effect
* Chloral Hydrate - clear liquid that adds a bitter taste to your drink . It causes restricted breathing and swallowing as well as hallucinations

What are the classic symptoms of Drink Spiking?
Above I have mentioned the symptoms that are associated with the individual drugs but there are general symptoms that you can look out for:

* appearing very drunk, this is often mistaken for being a lightweight so watch out.
* a person being frightened after drinking,
* the sense of being paranoid,
* audio- visual hallucinations,
* vomiting
* stressed muscles
* fits
* possible collapse.

These are the general symptoms of drugs such as Acid and Ecstasy as the drugs used to spike drink are often similar in molecular chemistry.

If you are worried about a friend and think that their drink has been spiked then get them home - they are less likely to be attacked if they are in a safe place.

If you think your drink has been spiked go to a security guard/manager at one of the front doors/bars or find a friend that you trust. Most victims know their attackers!

https://www.leicesterstudent.org/main/about/campaign/drinkspiking/Drugs[/quote]

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 16:06 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! I'll have ste on my case for not just posting the link..... Doh! Police Police Police Police Police Police Police Police Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Police Police Police Police Police Praying Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 16:08 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reckon she wasnt spiked, and it was a panic attack from stress at the whole relationship thing that she is going through as described in the other thread.

It sounds a lot like a panic attack to me. I had one once when i was very stressed. They are nasty and very wierd.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:27 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
but ket would turn any drink blkue I think.

Ketamine is a clear, colourless liquid. I would imagine it would have quite a sharp taste as it is pretty acidic.

It is highly dysphoric in lower doses ranging from altered perceptions to full-on tripping.

In higher doses it is an anaesthetic. Different to most others in that someone who is 'out' on ketamine would appear to be awake other than the fact that they are not moving or responding. So eyes open, pupils central and reactive to light. Muscle tone is generally pretty good too.

You would get the same dysphoria/tripping as you recovered too.

I use the stuff in cats all the time, they do not look like they are having a good time as they are waking up. I wouldn't fancy taking it.

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissed, I would say too.

Girls react oddly to alcahol, they seem to go from fine to fucked very quickly.

My girlfriend suffers from occasional fainting which has happened in a club before, I was halfway down the stairs with her and her legs went from under her and she blacked out. She claimed her drink was spiked.
She hadn't drunk that much but it was very hot in the club. She was fine after 3 minutes in the fresh air.

She should steer clear of the snakebite.
fuck me I'd rather eat 3 ketamine pills with a swig of that pure MDMA thanks.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 17:11 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did occur to me whilst reading this thread that many claims of drink spiking are probably false, because of embarrassment or simple ignorance off drinks affects.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:38 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had my drink spiked. How could I tell? Wasn't drunk enough.

I had drunk ten pints and I was whizzing off my tits. Took me a while to work out why I wasn't slowly melting into a puddle on the floor (as would be expected after 10 pints of heavy). Eventually realised I was on E.

xlizx
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:43 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, after I've had a few snakebites, my legs don't want to work and I'm acting a bit peculiar too. Wouldnt rule out having her drink spiked, however down where I'm from, most pubs refuse to sell snakebite to people, at least in the same glass or knowingly.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 18:25 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I once had my drink spiked. How could I tell? Wasn't drunk enough.

I had drunk ten pints and I was whizzing off my tits. Took me a while to work out why I wasn't slowly melting into a puddle on the floor (as would be expected after 10 pints of heavy). Eventually realised I was on E.

I dream of the day somebody likes me enough to casually lob an e into ma drink Wink

Thats what I don;t understand about spiking drinks....why waste perfectly good drugs on somebody else (i'm not talking date rape drugs here by the way, nothing would freak me out more than coming too in a grassy field with my jeans at ma ankles and a used johnny up ma arse. I'd keep that story to myself).

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:58 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

too late

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 20:45 - 11 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:58 - 12 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it sounds like spiking, but then I guess the only way I’d know is watching the whole thing unfold. If you know they are acting really oddly then you might be right.

It’s a scary thing to happen, it happened to a girl I hardly know, we were all having a good time in a large group out in town, most people split up near the end of the night and eventually ended up in smaller groups.
Her boyfriend wasn’t out, it was me, her and two lads from work, we were leaving the club and she started acting A LOT different to what she was like in the club.
I decided perhaps because I didn’t know her, this might be her drunken state, but she just collapsed and I was drunk, instantly I’m a position to help her out but I’m in no way fit to do it properly.
Several groups of people walked past, two lads started laughing at us and the girl, one guy I was with told them to fuck off or get a beating, while I tried helping her out.
We got her home, her BF was not pleased but I explained what happened over a cup of tea and that was that, she was apparently groggy in the morning but more or less ok.
All I thought about then was how many girls are not helped, or taken the piss out of for being legless, it’s not nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 12:09 - 12 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like she was pissed and it had just hit her.

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:46 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
craigie b wrote:
but ket would turn any drink blkue I think.

Ketamine is a clear, colourless liquid. I would imagine it would have quite a sharp taste as it is pretty acidic.

It is highly dysphoric in lower doses ranging from altered perceptions to full-on tripping.

In higher doses it is an anaesthetic. Different to most others in that someone who is 'out' on ketamine would appear to be awake other than the fact that they are not moving or responding. So eyes open, pupils central and reactive to light. Muscle tone is generally pretty good too.

You would get the same dysphoria/tripping as you recovered too.

I use the stuff in cats all the time, they do not look like they are having a good time as they are waking up. I wouldn't fancy taking it.

Visual hallucinations, dysphoria and nightmares are very common in adults given ketamine. The nightmares are particularly unplesant, resulting in its very rare use in adults.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 354 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2