Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My issue of the day.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Darkside
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:05 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: My issue of the day. Reply with quote

I have returning home from university for the xmas holidays... from Leicester back to London. I have generally been pottering about what i consider to be a fine city and upon making a few observations, many an intriuging question has popped into my head.
Does anyone speak English anymore? I feel almost out of place with my foreign cockney.
Why does everyone who has just arrived here walk around thinking they're the mutts nuts? I mean I bumped into a bloke today "sorry mate" I said,
"Dont fuck with Albanians" came the haughty reply.
Today I went to buy a DVD from what formerly was Blockbusters and it was....GONE like a fart in the breeze, to be replaced by yet another Greek foodstore.
Theres no problem there, however we now have five, is this really down to necessity? Can't the council do anything about this?
As for the dvds theres a shop up the road that sells them called "Blue Lagoon 18+" However i am somewhat dubious theyll be in ownership of a copy of "Blue planet" by Sir David Attenborough.
The more I write the more my anger is turning into feeling like a bit of a twat who is missing stupid home comforts, i'm not a puritan(honest)
But surely at this rate when i come back for summer I shall be returning to KentishTownistan.
Hell i'm black, but walking around with your tracksuit round your ass holding your cock looking like its the worst day of your life with your hat over your face, when undoubtedly its probably your birthday.....WHY??
This is just my local area I cant even begin to describe other parts of the place no doubt my bandwidth allowance will be exceeded.
Please....does anyone else feel like me? Share similar views?? Have any stories of their own on this??? want to move to Wales????

Rant over, an exasperated Francis.

https://www.r1-superbike.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 19:33 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, I'm up in stoke and I know there's a few areas around here which are pretty much no go areas if you aren't the relevant nationality that the area is populated by. The old shop I used to go to as a kid to see the nice lady and buy a 10p mixture, now owned by someone who struggles to understand what brand of cigarettes I'm trying to tell him I want, every shop along that row apart from 1 is now owned by someone of a different nationality.

Went to one of the local snooker halls a few weeks back, what used to be full of friendly faces, the tables were now typically occupied by a late twenties foreign guy with 2 young (14ish) drunk girls, the bowling alley now has security which it never had before.

I'm all for multi-culturism, to an extent it does work but when you start feeling like the minority in areas that you grew up in you have to wonder what the hell went wrong. Whats worse is a lot of these young foreign kids seem to be obsessed by the american 'ghetto' lifestyle, the way they dress, act and talk says it all, why they should be creating a lifestyle that people in america hate growing up in is beyond me.

I'm not a racist, far from it, I've mixed with people of various nationalities growing up and will never stereotype a certain group of people for being black, or paki's etc but the fact is the bad of the groups seems to stand out a lot more than the type of people we want to be moving into the country which does nothing but create more racists. Racism used to be directed mostly towards black people by brits, this has long gone and on the whole there is no major issue anymore but the racism is no directed towards pakis and the like, so is it a case of time and letting it work its self out, or will the problem get worse?

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supply and demand an all that...

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always find it funny when people start bragging about how London is the so amazing and it's the best place in England. Well to put it bluntly, I personally think it's a multiracial shithole. Bit like comedy central, except it's migrant central.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yeah, southerners!

rise you northerners! myself included! Laughing

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 28 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate London.

It smells and everyone is so fcuking miserable.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 14:40 - 29 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

london has a definate atmosphere that you wont find anywhere else in the country, whether that is a good or bad thing is down to personal opinion, and where abouts you go to find it

personally i find london a fascinating place, but then i have always lived outside it, and so perhaps would feel differently if i lived there

i remember a huge spread of races and cultures, even when i was visiting my grandparents in willesden and west hampstead when i was 7-8, its not a new problem

i do have a problem with regular people getting stabbed for a mobile phone and oyster card just because young uneducated races want to emulate the violence and lifestyle they hear about through music and claim they can relate to, but all they are doing in reality is creating similar violence themselves under the belief it will gain them respect

this is one of a million problems you'll find in london, as well as every other major city I imagine. I dont think london is worse than anywhere else.

It's just a shitty country we have been brewing and making worse for the past 20 years or so. Don't see the solution either.
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

?
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:44 - 29 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan 4RR wrote:
Always find it funny when people start bragging about how London is the so amazing and it's the best place in England. Well to put it bluntly, I personally think it's a multiracial shithole. Bit like comedy central, except it's migrant centrel.

Are you implying that it's a shithole because it is multiracial?

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 19:08 - 29 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In many cases, yes.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 19:55 - 29 Dec 2006    Post subject: Re: My issue of the day. Reply with quote

Darkside wrote:
want to move to Wales????

I went to wales for uni, about as far north west as possible before hitting inbreeding (anglesey is ridiculously inbred), im in Bangor.

And its lovely. Theres a lot of greeks there, but all students. And alot of chinese/japanese students. All very pleasant. And the only blacks you get there, are just black normal people, not as you said, cunts wandering around holding their cocks and thinking 'dey is gangstar blud' etc, and theres no other gits there.

I mean true the english are the immigrants there, and they get narky about us not 'bothering' to learn welsh, when pretty much all the welsh i know dont have a scooby doo either. And the ones that do only bother to talk it when being derogatory behind your back/secretive. So theres no real way to learn welsh apart from going out of your way to, but then thats like learning Latin. Its a dead language, completely.

But i come back to stevenage, via london, and its such a stark contrast that you really do feel the bile rising.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

king kong
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:16 - 29 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like going up to London from my home in Lancing near Worthing (you cannot get more Southern than that), I go to see Arsenal, days out etc. The feel of the place totally unique, even form Brighton which is now generally regarded as THE place to be.

But I like leaving London even more.

PS Great gag I heard on the telly (I forget the comedians name), news report about the sudden influx of Albanian and Bulgarian immigrants as they join the EU,
'I don't want them taking ours jobs!'

remarked a Polish builder.

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 29 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

king kong wrote:
PS Great gag I heard on the telly (I forget the comedians name), news report about the sudden influx of Albanian and Bulgarian immigrants as they join the EU,
'I don't want them taking ours jobs!'

remarked a Polish builder.
Lol - that reminds of the article I read in the newspaper about Asians living in London who were complaining that Polish were taking THERE jobs. Laughing Never ending is it? Rolling Eyes

h00dwink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 31 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan 4RR wrote:
Lol - that reminds of the article I read in the newspaper about Asians living in London who were complaining that Polish were taking THERE jobs. Laughing Never ending is it? Rolling Eyes

yea i remember reading something like that, i lold

GodzGift
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 01 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

half the people who posted here dont actually live in london, fair enough you may visit, (@ ur own peril) Very Happy

it depends where you live, but generally i can honestly say without sounding too racist that i HATE white/black/asian/ romanian/indian gangsta hoodlums running around like they are 50 cent. Its seriously hard to change your perception when you are constantly being subjected to the kind of attitude you would find in a skip.

the general problem in london is the quality and standards of living in london are much worse. Too much bad attitude, too many people with next to no manners. I live in london btw, and i visted brighton over xmas and it was nice, you could open the door to someone who could say thank you. In london all you get is pure ignorance and characteristics of animal behaviour.

too many reasons can be given of why london is bad: perhaps its the high population, maybe the wide range of people, then again im sure you get the same issues all across the big cities, i.e. liverpool, manchester.

Just have to try to get on with things to the best way you can, and if you come across someone trying to be a hero and annoy you, knock him out
Thumbs Up

Darkside
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:48 - 01 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodzGift wrote:

Just have to try to get on with things to the best way you can, and if you come across someone trying to be a hero and annoy you, knock him out
Thumbs Up

Yep i'll agree with that!! Thumbs Up

2Smoke
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:56 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: My issue of the day. Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Darkside wrote:
want to move to Wales????

I went to wales for uni, about as far north west as possible before hitting inbreeding (anglesey is ridiculously inbred), im in Bangor.

Spent a lot of time on Anglesey then? Rolling Eyes If you thought it was bad on the island you aint seen fuck all until you get to the dark reaches of Blaenau Festeriniog or Cricieth Laughing

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 02 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan 4RR wrote:
Always find it funny when people start bragging about how London is the so amazing and it's the best place in England. Well to put it bluntly, I personally think it's a multiracial shithole. Bit like comedy central, except it's migrant central.

I lived not far outside London and moved in Feb back to my old home town and it's the best thing I ever did.

This whole town is retro! The only foreign person I know if the guy who owns the chinese takeaway. Though i don't even think he's that foreign as he's names Steve and he talks with a brummie accent!

Arh it's ike the 50's!

All of it.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:12 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was always my dream to live in London when I was in school.
I used to go there and near by to see my GF, she was a Londoner and the soft accent she had was lovely.
But I visited too many times in the end.
I got fed up of wanting to wash all the time, fed up of people being rude when you put yourself out and fed up of fuc*ing Asian lads walking past me and my missus giving me the look as if to say “I’d like to stab you, but there’s people watching”.
I know a few people in Camden market, a guy from Korea and a handful of guys from Morocco and they don’t particularly like living there, but they were told it was ‘the place to be’.

I don’t know what’s worse, I mean in London, if you’ve grown up there, you can ignore a lot of it, it’s been like it for a long time.
Where I live, I’m slowly but surely noticing more and more of it.
It’s not nice, I mean, my town has had all sorts of races, the Japanese are wicked people, very polite, the Polish are alright if a little quiet.

Africans, walking around in westerner gangster clothes, talking shit, they all know each other and they all stick together. Sticking together is a good thing, but not when there’s a real negative vibe coming from it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love going to London years ago. My sister moved to South London which gave me more opportunity’s to go into the City on most weekends. However I don’t feel comfy going there anymore.
I’m not racist - I work and get on with people of different nationalities, but everywhere I look its some different foreigner, almost every shop I go into is run by someone other then a British person. It dose make me angry, this whole country is just getting shitter and shitter every single year.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:55 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think of places like Spain where we are hanging out on the coastal areas all the time. But generally, i know we all give it a go, living it like a Spaniard, trying to speak some of the language and having a laugh while doing so. It's the Britsh way!

I was in Blockbuster the other night, came up to the counter just before an arab looking couple and i was taking awhile as i needed a membership card. They were speaking behind me in their native language, i could tell by the tone it was about waiting or something along those lines. Then after, they started speaking about what they're going to have for dinner, i was like WTF, could have said it to my face. Evil or Very Mad Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Darkside
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:16 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
I was in Blockbuster the other night.

WOW!! You still have one!!! Where do you live?? Very Happy

Darkside
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:19 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
I’m not racist - I work and get on with people of different nationalities, but everywhere I look its some different foreigner, almost every shop I go into is run by someone other then a British person. It dose make me angry, this whole country is just getting shitter and shitter every single year.

What does annoy me even more is that you have have to add 'i'm not being racist' just to clarify it for the PC brigade. Are they blind? You are only after all, stating what unfortunately is fact, and it is bloody annoying and to a certain extent depressing.

GodzGift
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 04 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t think it’s too much about race, its just about good manners, and no point in being ignorant. Though even I occasionally feel like hating people for apparent reason.

If someone regardless of what they are gives me the indication they are pleasant i.e. both through there persona and the way they look, then that’s fine.

Everyone has a certain level of prejudice inside themselves, and i don’t know anyone, and would not believe anyone who said they didn’t, just the way a black person would look down to an Asian person
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 141 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1