 staffychance L Plate Warrior
Joined: 18 May 2006 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 14:00 - 18 May 2006 Post subject: Newbie |
 |
|
Right you lot, first of all hello to you all
I have just been given a DT125LC by the chap next door well im saying its a DT125LC because thats what it looks like after doing some searching on the net and he said its a DT125.
Its for my nephew (14), he is bike daft and wants proper bike, he has ridden a few small bike to my knowledge a can ride quite a bit.
I havent riden a bike in years so we plan to get it back to some sort of former glory and have fun on the fields of Darlington, He is interested in the mechanical side to so we gonna put it in my garage to do the work.
It starts first time but aint moved in about two years, what work will need doing to it, a. to make it safe and fun b. to get the best from it c. to look after it d. What to watch out for.
He said the bike overheats slightly what could this be??
It needs stripping and respraying and a few new plastics and stuff, Rear mudguard and all the side plastics that should by looking at the pictures run the side along under the seat, where can i get some form??
Any advise would be great guys. |
|
 Jamie. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:24 - 18 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hey there
I would check the radiator has enough water/coolant, I know when I had my DT if it was just less than full with water it would get very hot very quickly
I would also drain the engine oil and fill up with fresh oil
Change the 2 stroke oil
Change the petrol
Also check the clutch cable for rust/wear as if you dont keep it lubed up they can snap, Might also want to change the spark plug since it hasnt been used in 2 years
Thats all I can think of at the minute  |
|