Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Shocker- Ins. Company lose!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:47 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Shocker- Ins. Company lose! Reply with quote

I am gobsmacked.

As you may know from my previous thread, I just bought an old VFR400 to use on the track, save me worrying about writing off my ZX6r which I couldn't afford to do.

Anyways, I ring up the insurance company just to enquire how much it would be to add the bike to the policy, so I can use it on the road to test it's working ok. I was expecting it to be another £100 so wasn't really going to bother though, and use it purely on the track. But this is the reply-

'Hello sir, sorry to keep you waiting, adding the bike to the policy enables a refund of £52.00, would you like to go ahead?'

'Er, yes please!'

Something to do with it qualifying for a discount on a two bike policy. I'm well chuffed, going to take it for a spin now Smile

Quite interested to find the outcome of Joe's thread, because I had intended to take all the lighting/plate/indi's off this afternoon.

I have however just found out a Harris VFR paddock stand is about £120 Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You jammy dodger Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattish
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:56 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to get some cash back from the greedy gits aint it Thumbs Up It happened with my new car, which is the same age/make/model as the old one yet got me £25 back on the policy Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoshi
Traffic Copper



Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:58 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, which company is that?? Thumbs Up
____________________
Present: GS650 Katana - Getting ready for summer touring!
Past: TS50, RS50, ZXR400, LT80, TS250
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_petty
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:59 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is the full insurance for both bikes?
____________________
[Rides: Suzuki GSF600sx]
[CBT: Passed] [Theory: Passed] [DAS: Passed]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:04 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcyle Direct.

Original policy was for a Ducati 750sport in Oct 2005 which was about £330 tpft, then changed it to ZX6R which cost an additional £150 from January. Then this reduction of £52 Very Happy

I don't like to think the windfall will change me in anyway, I'll keep all my friends etc and will carry on working for the time being Wink

The Harris stand is £60 more than the micron, and seeing as the Harris stands are beautiful, I think this may be where the £60 will get lost Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:08 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get any good quotes from Motorcycle Direct. I thought they were amertures and were also rude on the telephone as if they were not interested.

MCE quoted me £297 for my CBR

MD quoted me £578 for the same bike and same everything

I think they are rubbish IMO
____________________
If at first you don't succeed.....destroy all evidence that you tried.

Yamaha YQ100 (RIP)......Honda CBR125R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Brava210
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with MCE too,well done for refund Very Happy
____________________
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are MCE's breakdown recovery people any good?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:41 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
Are MCE's breakdown recovery people any good?


Never had to use them so far and touch wood will never have to.
____________________
If at first you don't succeed.....destroy all evidence that you tried.

Yamaha YQ100 (RIP)......Honda CBR125R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think they are rubbish IMO


I'm not that fussed about them tbh, £20 admin fee can be frustrating, but at the time they were the cheapest I could find by about £200. It all depends on your circumstances.

I've never had a problem with them though, although I've never, touch wood, made a claim.

Thumbs Up for the refund though, they could quite easily have not said anything and I would be none the wiser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Deano
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:54 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

get an abba stand not a paddock stand for the same money but can take off both wheels
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 72.01 Kb