Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bikesafe

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Black Knight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:16 - 18 May 2006    Post subject: Bikesafe Reply with quote

I've been doing the Bikesafe course with North Yorkshire's finest this week.

The course consits of 2 x 2 1/2 hour theory sessions and a 2 1/4 hour rideout.

I've completed the two theory sessions and what I can say is I hope the rideouts are a damn sight better.

I've only been riding 18 months, maybe 15K, so certainly not a experienced rider. I found the theory of such a basic level they should be teaching that at test standard, even CBT in some parts!

I don't think I've been as bored as I was last night since I was at school. In fact In the 5 hours training that I've had, I have actually only learnt four things.


1. The reason a bike stands up in a corner when on the brakes, is due to the pressure on the bars, not the braking forces on the bike.

2. Any tint is legal on a visor as long is is not marked otherwise, i.e a 'Not for road use' sticker.

3. The Slow marking on the road is actually an acronym. It stands for Speed Low Other Warning. Other warning could be cheverons for example.

4. You do not have to give way on a zebra crossing if a pedestrian is waiting on the pavement. You must give way if they have stepped onto the crossing.

Well, the ride assesment is Saturday so we'll see how that goes eh.

Dodds, Fazerkev and EX3D were on the same course so I wonder if their opinions are simalar. Bigcat....did you do your with West Yorkshire? How did you find it mate?
____________________
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 28.53 Kb