 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:13 - 18 May 2006 Post subject: Progress report and paint recommendations. |
 |
|
It's coming together!
Back end is now back on and together, still a bit of polishing to do on the back wheel but the back brake is working!
Tarty chrome indys are on the back and should be on the front too later today.
Seat is re-covered & sissy bar is polished, waiting to go back on.
New air filters are on (although not run yet so may need some carb tweaking) and carbs are wrinkle black (inner 2) and polished (outer 2)
Tarty chrome horn cover is polished & ready to go back on.
Rad is painted wrinkle black with chrome panels on either side, that and the fan are back on.
Front brakes are fettled but not tested.
New grips, and possibly new levers, will be purchased this weekend.
Himself reckons it'll be MOT-able next week, which means he probably won't be able to ride it cos of his foot (he's going in for an op tomorrow )
Last big job is to get the tank and panels painted. I have decided I want it black, with metalflake. I want to get it done properly cos I know I'll make a hash of it. Any recommendations in the North West, maybe Midlands area? Need it fairly quick too, happy to pay going rate.......  ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:50 - 18 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Pics!
Could be a long shot but give Milennium Motorcycles in St Helens a call, they should be able to recommend someone for you. |
|