Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Piaggio MP3.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kopfjagerstu
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 12 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you stop it's like a normal 2 wheeled bike, you put your feet down and thats it. You can "lock" the front wheel, when your going 4 kph or less, and below 2400 revs, you can "lock" the wheels at any angle up to 40 degrees, and it wont fall. likewise you can lean into a corner up to 40 degrees.

Yes it is heavy but if you do feel yourself start to go as long as you hit the switch it will lock, and then you can sort yourself out, and when your ready hit the swith and stand it back up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:42 - 12 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could be quite cool to sit there at the lights at a 40 degree tilt. Laughing

Ravage
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 12 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would never own this bike thats for sure. Just doesn't seem like a proper bike to me more of a convenient commuter scooter for someone who can't lean a bike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:45 - 13 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravage wrote:
i would never own this bike thats for sure. Just doesn't seem like a proper bike to me more of a convenient commuter scooter for someone who can't lean a bike

It leans the same way as a normal bike. You even have to countersteer.

santanu
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:02 - 18 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to own one.

Its simply amazing. Although haven't tried it but its damn cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 18 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can drift them though.

Popular with The Fast and The Furious fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFWjfGV4SRM

Mark

Cigaro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool in a way. It would be good for those who have no balance, or can't balance for whatever reason.

Am I right in thinking that if you complete your CBT on something like this you're limited to 3-wheeled vehicles in future?

St0rmer66
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 19 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBassJunky wrote:
Am I right in thinking that if you complete your CBT on something like this you're limited to 3-wheeled vehicles in future?

No, the wheels are close enough together for it to be classed as a motorcycle, not a trike. So you could ride any bike on a CBT if you did it on one of these first. After all, you've always been able to do a CBT on a 50cc automatic and then ride a geared bike anyway (even a 125 if 17 or older).

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 28 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

its so wank that Jonathan Ross has one, Thumbs Up

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 28 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheelie-ing has to be weird.... Kd should look fun. oh, and you probably couldn't sit at 40degrees at lights as gravity would most like make the bike top end heavy.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 29 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
oh, and you probably couldn't sit at 40degrees at lights as gravity would most like make the bike top end heavy.

You can lock the mechanism at below 10mph. Laughing

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:31 - 29 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye.. But.. I don't think I typed that right lol

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 04 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be great after a long night at the pub when i'm too pissed to ride a proper bike.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 302 days between these two posts...

stickyfrog
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:37 - 02 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my 250 and overall i love it. I use it to commute 43 miles daily. Handles just like a 2 wheeler with the added benefit of the extra footprint in front. I average about 68 mpg and drive 70% of my drive at 60 mph. Top speed I have ever hit was 79mph. I currently have 2800 miles on it.

My only complaint with it is that the seat could be a little more comfortable (i put an airhawk on it and it helped) and a little more leg room (i am 6'2" and my knees are slightly higher than my hips). I think some low forward foot pegs would help that if i could can get someone to fabricate them for me.

Try one if you get the chance. They are really catching on in the US now and most dealers sell them before they get them in stock so it may be hard to find one to try.

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 03 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Mounties have won this war...
Campagna T-Rex:
https://www.campagnamotors.com/T-REX/intro.html
Cooliage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzhTjRzWiPg&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38TFetQAe2o&feature=related
I'd use this little beast as my sensible runabout car Twisted Evil Laughing

unspec
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac_Kaliba wrote:
I think the Mounties have won this war...
Campagna T-Rex:
https://www.campagnamotors.com/T-REX/intro.html
Cooliage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzhTjRzWiPg&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38TFetQAe2o&feature=related
I'd use this little beast as my sensible runabout car Twisted Evil Laughing

I'd rather have a Triazuma.

https://data2.blog.de/media/758/1297758_70ccb2919b_m.jpg

https://es.motorfull.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/triazuma3.jpg

There is other amazing stuff by the same guy at https://www.lazareth.fr/

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 07 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bow down, that looks tidy for sure.
Somehow I can't immagine it handling all that well though.
Thats what I like about the T-rex, it is built in such a way that is is flickable and clearly very light, yet it can be kicked back into line and snaps under power to go straight were you want it.

raak
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:34 - 12 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen em flicked around town, and they don't seem too slow
but they all seem to cum with a F***Off screen that is HUGE..!!

Hard enough getting a space in London bike bays these days as it is, but three of these in a bay for 5 bikes and you better
keep on looking cos you got NO chance of getting in...
they might have the front wheels close together, but these things are like mechanical bull frogs when they get parked up.....
BIG and UGLY.

Not a fan.. Thumbs Down
But ain't ridden one either, so should not dislike what i have not tried............. Smile

And at least it is better than the other thing that ross has got, that tiny 2 seater monstrosity called 'The gogmobile' or something equally ridiculous...............
(Guess 'I am A W***k Mobile' was already copyrighted.... Wink )

Ps. Not you rossy, just the car m8... Very Happy

Ride safe

jayvfr
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:34 - 27 Aug 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit I quite like the idea of these. I don't mind things being different and I don't think anyone who rides one is any less of a motorcyclist (bikers are a different league though Wink ).

I love the engineering in it and the fact that in the wet or on a random patch of mid corner gravel that little front end slip that makes your arse clench wouldn't matter at all...I envy that a lot! Thumbs Up

I really would love a go on one just to see how they compare. The looks aren't particularly great but then there are worse looking bikes out there and I still think any bike is better than having to drive a car at most times so in general they are a winner for me Thumbs Up

The other more fancy fast unconventional trikes look great but I can't help but think they must be a nightmare in certain corners, heavy steering and no ability to really lean into the corners making them unstable can't be that much fun. Bit like a fast quad, just not as fun as it looks for the road.

Well thats my 2p anyways Wink

wikiwiki
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:11 - 01 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
It's like taking the bad bits from a car, and the bad bits from a bike and combining them. Confused Laughing

I thought that was one of these.

https://www.blues-angels.com/p/Picture%20Archive/Member%20Pictures/Fussner%202001%20Honda%20Goldwing%201800.jpg

Size of a car, weight and economy of a car, but you get wet and gotta look out for oil still.
Seen one in London once, wasn't even trying to filter Laughing

Timmeh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 01 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% spaz chariot.

Thumbs Up
20:22:30 BLUEX5: i would love to be forced to undergo a**l plugging with different sizes
20:48:18 Temeluchus: comp you hunk of smouldering homos3x you
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 270 days between these two posts...

phil king
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:19 - 29 May 2011    Post subject: piaggio mp3 Reply with quote

the mp3 has a spacing of .435 of a metre full bike licence reqd the european directive says anything over .460 of a metre a car licence will do no helmet or CBT reqd. my 400 was modified to .465 of a metre. have had it nearly 2 years the last rear tyre michelin only did 1,000 miles any reason known 34 BHP. the bike is heavy 1/4 of a ton. phil

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 23:25 - 29 May 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/warcraft-discussion-99/9053d1184026291-rise-lich-king-old_thread.jpg
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 7 years, 76 days between these two posts...

JB32
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:30 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

phk6 wrote:
i can see how theyd be realy good in london ect, but for smalley citys i dontthink there smuch need. good alternative

I have the 2018 yourban 300 sport and it's as good as any two wheeld Bike, in fact better in many ways Cool I went for this because of the MOD1 & 2 crap which is just a money making game for training schools and Government. Long story but true Mad Though I do suggest that anyone who hasn't ridden a Bike, should get some training ( CBT ) and even Mod 2 instruction if you are to ride on a car licence. Common Sense rules. I get very P. Off with those who seem to think that they are in some way superior by keep saying " I ride a proper bike ". Even posers like Harley Davidson riders have this same childish attitude Mad My Trike can filter with no problem and has a top speed of 80 MPH, even though I would never abuse my ride at that speed, but it can hold its own on motorway condition any state of weather. We Bikers are a special breed, NOT a segregated group, Right ?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB32 wrote:
*wahhhhh I can't pass my test..... *cries*

You dig up a 7 yr old post to waffle on about your inability to pass a test?

You will be really happy to note that it's very likely perpetual L-Platers will be getting told to pass the test or feck off in the next round of changes to the licensing system.

Enjoy. Middle Finger
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3