19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Neither, I look like Stinkwheel
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 82

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Wet or Dry Shave Reply with quote

So,

Wet or dry shave?

I've always wet shaved until now, but I'm looking at an electric razor just for speed and ease really. Not sure if they are any good though.

Bloody expensive either way!

All of it.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 14:07 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

electric shaver works out cheaper if you use it enough but it doesnt do a great job

electric shaver is if you are in a rush and cant be arsed shaving properly

i wdnt show up to work having shaved with an electric shaver

for me the main thing is getting decent shaving gel or shaving oil when having a wet shave, as you cant see through foam, and these new type shaving oils and gels, lubricate the blade better so its smoother over the skin

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 14:11 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a panasonic electric shaver which can be used wet or dry and it gives a surprisngly good shave when used with gel however its quicker to have a wet shave with a real razor.

However I've been really skint the last two months so I've just been using the electric one, dry and its very, very quick to give yourself a shave and not ahve to fuck about with water and rinsing etc. The finish isn't as close but it still looks tidy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mornings I normally can't be arsed shaving, and I'll often go for a week or more without a shave, but being pathetic as I am, I can get away with it as I find beard growing a challenge! Embarassed

Last had a shave about 3 days ago and I can only feel very slight stubble on my face!

All of it.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 14:15 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I try to shave every morning cos i get an itchy chin if I leave it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:35 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wet shave, although I let myself go for a week at a time quite often simply because I'm lazy and I don't exactly grow a beard or anything.
But in terms of razors I have to say that Gillette Titanium jobby is the first razor I have used and actually thought afterwards it lives up to the hype. You know how most razor ads act like they are so amazing and smooth and quick and easy and I then usually find them to be pretty mediocre but the titanium bladed thingymabob is spot on no hassle good shave. Thumbs Up

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an electric razor, but I can only use it if I've wet shaved recently, otherwise it just tugs at my face. Neutral Then I'll go for about 3 weeks without shaving because I'm a lazy git, realise I look like a homeless person, and wet shave. And start the process all over.

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wet shave once a week. Twice is rare. I hate shaving.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:55 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Philishave thingy, top job, gives a good enough shave in about 2-3 minutes.

Wet shave gives better results, but i'm too lazy.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of limp-wristed metrosexuals, the lot of ya.

Real men grind:

https://www.colli.com.au/Uploads/Images/D28108%20rgb(1).jpg

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 20:35 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that wilkinson razors tend to be better quality that gillete ones. They give as good a shave as any gillette and I've found the blades last a good four times as long.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:47 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't shaved for six years. So say gillette mach 3 blades at a conservative £4 per pack of four and changing once a week.

That makes £312 I haven't spent on razor blades.

MikeH
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:12 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wet shave everyday except the weekends when I rough it, doesn't take much longer than having a wash.

Leccy's are never as good, when I was a spotty yoof I always found it wouldn't catch the softer bum fluff.........them were the days shaving once a week !!

I get a big pack of Gillete Blue II El cheapo or good old BIC's, they don't cost anywhere near the price of the "Gillette mega turbo busa perfomance hyper blade american over produced advert type" and will shave you just as well as long as you don't shave like a bull in a china shop.

The biggest mistake most make is shaving against the grain it rucks up your skin and thats when you get cuts. A sharp blade will give you a smooth shave with one downward stroke and use normal soap and a brush, non of this overpriced Gel stuff it's marketting bollox. If you ever go into the forces they teach you how to shave properly !

Mike (Feeling like a right old Fart now)

PS If any of you ever get the chance have a shave at a proper barbers with a cut throat, smooth as a babies ass Wink

Josh
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:28 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
I've found that wilkinson razors tend to be better quality that gillete ones. They give as good a shave as any gillette and I've found the blades last a good four times as long.

Wilkinson Quattro Titanium Thumbs Up
I got my brands mixed up.

zaknafien

PostPosted: 21:32 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wet shave with a gillette vibrating razor I got from a free offer.

Only when i'm forced too though, if it were upto me I wouldn't shave at all.

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheapo disposable razors. Can't beat 'em.

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I haven't shaved for six years. So say gillette mach 3 blades at a conservative £4 per pack of four and changing once a week.

That makes £312 I haven't spent on razor blades.

Wotcha.

In that case, I've saved £ 1248 Mr. Green

Me six years ago
<<Hmm - must take an up to date piccy.>> Not that my beard's got any longer - it seems to only grow so much, then as much falls out as grows back - it's just that it's gone a lot greyer Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 10:35 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The biggest mistake most make is shaving against the grain it rucks up your skin and thats when you get cuts. A sharp blade will give you a smooth shave with one downward stroke

there isnt a razor in the world that will take it all off with one stroke, and if you dont go against the grain then you will be shaving again at lunchtime to get away with it for the rest of the day

Quote:
and use normal soap and a brush, non of this overpriced Gel stuff it's marketting bollox. If you ever go into the forces they teach you how to shave properly !

no they dont, unless you are a complete sheltered monkey unfortunately. they would much rather let you get it wrong over and over, and quite enjoy chewing you to pieces for it Confused , making you shave on a dias in front of 500 people with a nackered disposable and bucket of cold water Mad

in order to survive training i had to shave twice a day for 10 weeks, and on and off for the following 6 months depending on the program for that day

i did envy the guys who couldnt grow more than a handful of bumfluff every few weeks
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:47 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone-Wolf wrote:
Not that my beard's got any longer - it seems to only grow so much, then as much falls out as grows back - it's just that it's gone a lot greyer Shocked

Dread it Smile.

MikeH
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:45 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildGoose wrote:
Quote:
The biggest mistake most make is shaving against the grain it rucks up your skin and thats when you get cuts. A sharp blade will give you a smooth shave with one downward stroke

there isnt a razor in the world that will take it all off with one stroke, and if you dont go against the grain then you will be shaving again at lunchtime to get away with it for the rest of the day

I've been shaving for over 20 years so I think I know how to shave properly !

Tut.....Boyz Rolling Eyes

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:50 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeH wrote:

Tut.....Boyz Rolling Eyes

It's the boys that find it easy to shave in one stroke and need to go against the grain to get smoothness Wink.

The men have sligthly tougher stuble Razz.

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 12:05 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been shaving for over 20 years so I think I know how to shave properly !

ok, so you want a paper hat for that?

doesnt mean your beard is up to much, or you have as thick facial hair as the next guy, and given that you think a cheap gilette disposable will do the business in one stroke, i would venture that your beard is indeed one for the boys
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976

MikeH
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:37 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says he who only lasted a couple of years in the Navy Laughing

Get off yer high horse navy boy, I'm pulling yer chain. Rolling Eyes

Mike Wink

WildGoose
White Van Man

PostPosted: 13:35 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not a case of lasting - if youve served I shouldnt have to point this out - you would be an idiot if you stayed in a situation like that if it was just a case of lasting, you either throw yourself into it and give 110% or you call it a day

i've met hundreds of people who unfortunately it is just a case of hanging on and putting up with, until their earliest release date comes along, because the system is so archaic and the recruiting system is full of lies

it was 2 years of struggle towards the end, and the final 6 months was pure misery in order for me to get released, so on the level, i'd appreciate it if you didnt try to downplay it so much

whether that was a joke or not, youve succesfully made me feel about 3 inches tall, so cheers for that, how much service to HM armed forces have you got under your belt?

(excuse the off topic)

MikeH
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:28 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goose, I'm not going to fall out with you over this or get into a petty Army vs Navy spatt, it's purely a bit of banter so I apologise if I struck a chord.

Incase your curious heres a pic of my beard................

https://badgas.co.uk/griffnut/hairy_face_collar.jpg

Laughing

Mike
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2