Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


When filtering....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

How do you thank people?
I raise my hand
77%
 77%  [ 88 ]
I flash my indicators
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
I nod sideways
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
I don't bother
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
Other. You tool.
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 113

Author Message

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: When filtering.... Reply with quote

How do you thank cars that move out of the way?

I mean most of you hardcore motorway filterers probably don't bother but I was filtering down the side of some traffic today, and a woman made the effort to move out of the way for me, or at least shift over, and I was wondering how to thank her. I raised my left hand slightly, because it's all I could think of at the time.

What about you guys?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wave of the hand. Or occasionally a Thumbs Up if I have time and space.
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

h00dwink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

only if they clearly move to the side for me to pass, then raise left hand if possible. hey if they dont think you're greatful they might not do it in future.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh
Traffic Copper



Joined: 21 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wave if I can afford to free a hand up otherwise a nod which I hope they see.
____________________
04 Suzuki GSX-R 600 K4 - Sex on wheels :>
https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6178/sig6dc.gif
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

whackamole
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 06 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she was fit I'd have got off the bike and given her one.
I mean she'd probably have appreciated it relieving the boredom and what not.
Only kidding dude - when i have done some filtering I shall tell you!!
____________________
Be nice.

CBR600F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:54 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
A wave if I can afford to free a hand up otherwise a nod which I hope they see.


Yeah I do that. I made the mistake of waving with my right hand once. When I put it back on the throttle (in 1st) I was a bit ham-fisted and it snapped forwards Embarassed Won't be doing that again
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

extreme3d
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:55 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Dodsi fanny, he's the one with the know on hand signals Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I don't think they pulled over intentionaly, will still wave my hand if they did move - might make them think next time.
Including on motorways etc.

If it's a car on the right hand side I may just stick my fingers up but not take my hand off the throttle so that I don't get hit by a load of engine braking.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Teaman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:12 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
A wave of the hand. Or occasionally a Thumbs Up if I have time and space.


what she said Smile
____________________
There is no point in ranting about someone stupid because there is nothing u can do about it. There is no cure for stupid.
Someone stupid does not realise they r stupid.stupidity is indistinguishable from malice U just have to accept that some people are thick as p1gsh1t and work around them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

extreme3d wrote:
Ask Dodsi fanny, he's the one with the know on hand signals Thumbs Up


Does he lift his visor and scream "NOWT" through the drivers window?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

strag
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:25 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stick out my left leg. Saves taking the hands off the bars and is easily seen.
____________________
carbon bling
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

strag wrote:
I stick out my left leg. Saves taking the hands off the bars and is easily seen.

Not sure how easily it'd be seen with most of the motorway filtering I do, as it's usually a car to the right that moves aside.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:19 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"ooh Daddy look at that funny fat bird on that bike, why did she stick her leg out like that?"

"Dunno Son. Honest, these bloody arrogant bikers you try to give them some space and they try to kick your car! I'm not going to do that again......."

Wink Laughing
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andrea
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raise my hand or nod depending
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually stick my left hand out at waist level rather than raise it so to speak.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
A wave of the hand. Or occasionally a Thumbs Up if I have time and space.


Again. What she said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tend to give em a wave with my left hand whether they're on the left or the right, I think its polite to thank them for it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a cheesy (possibly stoned Smile ) moment I had wondered about putting a load of yellow LEDs around the numberplate in an Thumbs Up symbol, so that you can then press a button on the bars to light it up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wave with my left hand or a sideways nod. If the person giving way is in front, either lift a couple of fingers of the left hand (for a cabbie, as they 'see' this) or a up & down nod. Either way, I always thank them, makes them all warm and fuzzy inside and they may just give way to another biker behind.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Lawnie
Nearly there...



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get off my bike, shake their hand, and continue on my way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DAF
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wave or a Thumbs Up if I can or otherwise a nod.
____________________
2005 Yam Fazer (FZ6-S)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Josh
Traffic Copper



Joined: 21 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
In a cheesy (possibly stoned Smile ) moment I had wondered about putting a load of yellow LEDs around the numberplate in an Thumbs Up symbol, so that you can then press a button on the bars to light it up.

I had a similair stroke of.... enlightenment Laughing , using those LED wave wands that leave predefined messages by swishing side to side and lighting up, put one of them on the pillion seat, but it's all just too much hassle and probably wouldn't work Laughing
____________________
04 Suzuki GSX-R 600 K4 - Sex on wheels :>
https://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6178/sig6dc.gif
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:52 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my left hand for a left thank you or one for a car behind,
not my head for a vehicle to the right.


simple
____________________
Insta - FemFeral
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MikeH
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:00 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always lift the left hand, although where I am it gets a bit tedious because all the cage drivers on my morning run to work are now so well trained I end up waving at everyone Laughing Mr. Green

Always good to acknowledge folks for next time and although I joke about it there are folks I see regularly on my run to work that always pull over to let me through so it does work Thumbs Up

Mike Cool
____________________
Busa Junkie
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:01 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob84 wrote:
I get off my bike, shake their hand, and continue on my way.


Wot he said Laughing
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 136 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 2.61 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 127.64 Kb