Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

go on tell me what CV lies you got away with

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 25 May 2006    Post subject: go on tell me what CV lies you got away with Reply with quote

Go on tell me what whoppers you got away with on your CV , I've been honest on my CV and have a slow small trickle of job interviews that I'm always left waiting ages for a response (while doing a McJob) , and I'm doing what Mrs Kickstart said and keep looking cept the job market looks seriously thin today (normally there are 300+ adverts today there are 12).With my CVs sent out vs interviews running at about 3.5%

So go on entertain me about what lies you got away with on your CV.

Or would you not lie for fear of being caught out , and be honourable but be stuck in McJob hell forever?.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:09 - 25 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

300 jobs, now only 12, where are you looking?

I took sometime out near the end of my last job to assess how I can improve my probability of getting work, and now I’m with two agencies that are really keen to employ me at anytime, contract or permanent work.

I haven’t lied on my CV if I did, I’d look like a dick when it comes to answering some questions later, I have been in 3 jobs since school and the progression and development looks good as it is.

I have no idea what you would lie about, perhaps your hobbies, if you haven’t got the requirements for the vacancy, you should go and get some courses done or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 25 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I differenciate between old adverts and new adverts , today doing my bread and butter morning routine , I checked:

MEN (Man eve news site)
Lots of agency sites
Job centre site

Anyway its a question of experience (or rather the lack of rather than qualifications).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 12:32 - 25 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Careful about telling tales on your CV. One company I worked for (and I suspect many others) kept all the CVs they were sent. When one turned up they checked to see if they had received one in the past and if so if any extra qualifications had mysteriously appeared. If so the application went no further.

All the best

Keith

yambabe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 25 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never lied on a CV, never had to as I'm brilliant anyway....... Razz

However, my OH did have a spoof one once that him and a mate put together for a laugh. It mentioned him having been in bomb disposal at some point in his life, think he claimed to have been to the Falklands in the war and that his current job was fitting powerbands in trucks....... Laughing Accidentally sent it out once when applying for a temp job as a welder - he actually got the job cos the boss said it gave him such a laugh he decided to bring him in and have him do a test instead!

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 12:47 - 25 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always align my experience to appear more relevant to the job I am applying for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam.I
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 25 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not worth it to lie on your CV in-case the collar you about something at a later date. Like me mate found out. Said he was really into football, rugby or something similar which he wasn't and the guy at the interview said he was REALLY into it and was asking him loads of questions but he didn't know the answers because he lied about it. He learnt his lesson.

damnas
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:57 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really unprofessional with my CV. I try to get as much of my personality out on the CV as much as I can, ...which explains why I work for Pizza Hut now...! Sad

Laughing

We're the weeeeest stand, we're the weeeeest stand, we're the west stand Highbury! *sheds tear*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:21 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we were going for placement jobs at uni we all decided to pick another person in the group a "hobby or interest" that had to be mentioned on the CV.

Mine was sodding Bee Keeping. The amount of people who asked me about it was amazing!!! I now have a qualification in blagging!

All of it.

chrisw
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal_tiger wrote:
Mine was sodding Bee Keeping. The amount of people who asked me about it was amazing!!! I now have a qualification in blagging!

Funny that, we're looking to keep bees at some point in the future (my dad does at the moment and it is incredable interesting!) Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems a bad year for bees though its been pissing it down all month and then some,

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bees freak me out in a MASSIVE way!!

Only wasps can out do them. EVIL EVIL THINGS!!!

All of it.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you ain't seen the wasps in SE Asia , they are about the size of a mans thumb (not just the end bit but right from the root of the thumb).

chrisw
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd love it when the swarm then, up to 10000 bees looking for a new home, well, the old mans neighbours didn't when they decided a tree in their back garden would do! Laughing Must have been funny knockin on their door asking for your bees back!

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell do you get them back?

I suppose they would follow the queen, you just need to put her back in the hive, maybe keep her ni there with some duct tape or something.

As for SE Asian wasps they can bloody stay there! Wasps are just wrong, they are like little armour plated Glaswegians.

All of it.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

do what Homer simpson did put a big pile of sugar in his back yard

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

And attrackt something like this????

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Guepe.jpg

Having a giraffe!!

All of it.

chrisw
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal_tiger wrote:
How the hell do you get them back?

With a big box and a stick! Laughing You literally just scrape them into a box and hold them for a while so that the ones that have been out looking for a new home forget what they found (kinda calming them down).

You then dump them back into an empty hive, preferable with a couple of used wax board things (so it 'smells' of bee) and some honey (any honey) and block their entrance/exit. Buy the time they have found their way out (and some back in), more often than not they will have adopted the new hive as their new home. If you missed the queen or she has died while swarming, the remaing 'workers' should merge back into the hive they swarmed from anyway.

Not sure if thats text book, but thats what I remember him doing!

Smile

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you do if the queen dies?

Do you get a day off work?

I've Tuesday off work as it's the Queens Birthday!

All of it.

chrisw
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did, I'd be out with the fly spray and into all his hives! Laughing

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT/

1,000,000 POSTS!!!!!

Congrats to Korn and everyone who makes the site what it is. Without this place I'm sure a lot of us would be buggered and acctually have to work!

Keep it up peeps!

chrisw wrote:
If you did, I'd be out with the fly spray and into all his hives!

I think I might do that anyway!

If it can fly and it can sting then it needs a fast painful splat like death!

All of it.

Last edited by tribal_tiger on 14:09 - 26 May 2006; edited 1 time in total

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Tiger you got BCF post 1000,000! Mr. Green

Jenks
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:41 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, how do you see how many you have?

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your profile. This 1,000,000 for the whole site though, not just me!!!

All of it.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 26 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Hover over that up there and look at the end of the URL in your status bar.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2