Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I found news about good locks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

MOTOSEC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:58 - 31 May 2006    Post subject: I found news about good locks!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I´ve found a Spanish forum(I can speak Spanish) Very Happy :
https://debates.motos.coches.net/showthread.php?t=64140
In this forum the best anti-theft devices are being studied in particular the ones sold in France, because it is where best tests are done, the most important is done by NF-FFMC,by the motorbike association : FFMC.
In this forum they say that the best is ARTAGO, not known here in UK( I saw it in busters-accessories I think), but in France is the best reccomended, thanks to the comparative tests. ABUS or LUMA have good locks but the prices are unreal, they´re not as resistant as the price shows. I wonder if with OXFORD is the same.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING LIST:
https://www.marque-nf.com/download/produits/FR/NF238.pdf
here you can check which locks are the best in their tests, ARTAGO has the best, followed by ABUS and LUMA.

There´s a combination : disc-lock and chain, ARTAGO STONE 69 DUO which is the only one that is NF-FFMC approved.The cool thing about it is that you can use it only as a disc-lock or adding the chain.
As I have seen( I´m doing lately a kind of research around countries) ARTAGO has also SOLD SECURE GOLD locks.

Does anyone know about this?
I think their web is www.artago.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

borntobewild
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:19 - 31 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I vissited the web, it´s in Spain. If you know anything else keep us updated please.

I think it´s under construction but you can e-mail them Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 17:27 - 01 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

what tests are carried out by NF-FFMC?

I'd like to know so I can compare their testing with that of SoldSecure gold, and other UK tests.

Do they include thermal, electrical as well as mechanical tests?

how did Almax rate compared to others? afaik, they are bombproof, but let down by their weight. Almax are also the only manufacturer to guarantee their chains are impossible to crop with hand tools.

I know the guys that run this place and they swear by Almax.

https://www.torc-anchors.com

a

MOTOSEC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:45 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

feef wrote:
what tests are carried out by NF-FFMC?

I'd like to know so I can compare their testing with that of SoldSecure gold, and other UK tests.

Do they include thermal, electrical as well as mechanical tests?

how did Almax rate compared to others? afaik, they are bombproof, but let down by their weight. Almax are also the only manufacturer to guarantee their chains are impossible to crop with hand tools.

I know the guys that run this place and they swear by Almax.

https://www.torc-anchors.com

Hi!
Well, I´ve been reading the tests they´ve to pass and in France there are two kind of tests, both harder than Sold Secure.
The ones in France are:
SRA : in which the locks and chains undergo manual tests, they use a 3kg.hammer while in Sold Secure 0.5kg. And another one with shears which are 1metre, while Sold Secure only 60cm.
NF: in this one they do the same tests and on top traction machine tests, they have to ressist 8000kg of traction.

So, Almax doesn´t have any of France certs and I think Artago has similar chains and better locks than Squire.

Hope this helps.

a

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:21 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOTOSEC wrote:
The ones in France are:
SRA : in which the locks and chains undergo manual tests, they use a 3kg.hammer while in Sold Secure 0.5kg. And another one with shears which are 1metre, while Sold Secure only 60cm.
NF: in this one they do the same tests and on top traction machine tests, they have to ressist 8000kg of traction.

I don't see any theives walking about with Traction machines. And how many chains are actually broken in real life through tension alone? Most are cropped, or frozen. Did either test include the Liquid nitrogen and hammer approach?

the most commonly used portable tool by professional theives in the UK is the 42" (106cm) Irwin record bolt croppers (or equivalent). Like I said, Almax GUARANTEE their chains will not be cut even by this. While they may not have the certificate, a guarantee is good enough for me.

I' m not saying the stuff isn't good, but your intial post made out that it was better than everything else. If the tests don't reflect the REAL world, what value are certificates? Eqaully, just because Sold Secure gold doesn't carry out a test, doesn't mean that the items won't pass that test.

The squire SS65CS Moto is Closed Shackle and passes CEN6 - Extra High Security and CEN EN12320 (new standard). Both the CEN (european certification) exceeds the Sold Secure standard as far as I know. Do the french tests also include Drilling or other mechanical attack? Does it also include thermal attacks?

Again, not saying it's bad kit, but It smells of spam that you seem to be setting out to make it sound so much better than everything else on the market.

a

MOTOSEC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:49 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

""Again, not saying it's bad kit, but It smells of spam that you seem to be setting out to make it sound so much better than everything else on the market."" feef wrote

Im afraid but I don´t have any need of making them sound better, just been doing some research and found this, sorry to be curious and try to tell people about what I found out.

I think you sound like someone who sells ALMAX.

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 11:04 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOTOSEC wrote:
""Again, not saying it's bad kit, but It smells of spam that you seem to be setting out to make it sound so much better than everything else on the market."" feef wrote

Im afraid but I don´t have any need of making them sound better, just been doing some research and found this, sorry to be curious and try to tell people about what I found out.

I think you sound like someone who sells ALMAX.

i don't sell Almax, but I know more about their products than I do about other makers, so can only use that knowledge as a benchmark for your highlighted products. Nothing wrong with being curious, but your comments were more statements of fact, than simply passing on knowledge found elsewhere.

no offence meant Smile

a

MOTOSEC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:37 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so! Sorry about sounding as making statements, didn´t think i did.

not offended!just a little hurt, haha joking Wink

if i find more info ill post ill try not to make it sound as facts but as info found on the net. Thumbs Up

borntobewild
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:28 - 09 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello1

I´ve taken a look at the web www.artago.com and it looks cool.

The good thing would be seeing them in "flesh" to touch them and feel the quality.

Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1