Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Windows live local

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

JeffT
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:08 - 01 Jun 2006    Post subject: Windows live local Reply with quote

https://local.live.com/

Kind of a google earth really.

Thing I liked about this was the level of detail for places in this country.

I can zoom in very close to my house, see my car on the drive etc.

Tried a few places like Paris etc and the level of detail isn't as good, but seems to be good for the UK.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:13 - 01 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way better than google earth, good find Thumbs Up looks like my area hasnt been updated in a while, my mums house is still a building site and my dads house is still a farm

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool

I estimate its pre 2002 as coventry still has it's gasometer and looking at the buildings which haven't fallen down on the farm Laughing

senna_f4
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:28 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have beta tested this for years, it is way better than most others.

Please go to major cities in the states and try the "birds eye view" it is really cool Thumbs Up

FYI this has other nice features as well.

Parmo Paul
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:22 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its pre-2000 in the ariel photos as a place I worked at in Peterlee in 2001 hasn't been built and the old Gogar hospital in Edinburgh hasn't been knocked down. Looking at Edinburgh its clear the pics have been taken in August as its sunny Smile and the grandstands are up in the Casle for the Tattoo.

Simple
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parmo Paul wrote:
Its pre-2000 in the ariel photos as a place I worked at in Peterlee in 2001 hasn't been built and the old Gogar hospital in Edinburgh hasn't been knocked down. Looking at Edinburgh its clear the pics have been taken in August as its sunny Smile and the grandstands are up in the Casle for the Tattoo.

It's deffo august as we've got hay bales in the fields, some arn't wrapped.

and I can see our new bailer in the drive way Laughing

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Didn't think there would be much difference between google earth and local live.

Check out the difference between the pics of my office! (and how close I am to the beach!)

All of it.

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can safely say the photographs were taken on 07/08/2001 - it was my wife's 32nd Birthday.

If you look closely you can see the bunting hung around the trees in my back garden, the Fiesta wrapped in a big red bow parked on the drive, her long lost brother Derek hiding behind the dustbin with Cilla Black stood next to him about to squawk 'Surprise Surfockinprise' when the missus opens the door, Smoke from the BBQ spelling out 'Happy Birthday' in white clouds and her dad taking a piss in the fish pond - A good day was had by all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
I can safely say the photographs were taken on 07/08/2001 - it was my wife's 32nd Birthday.

If you look closely you can see the bunting hung around the trees in my back garden, the Fiesta wrapped in a big red bow parked on the drive, her long lost brother Derek hiding behind the dustbin with Cilla Black stood next to him about to squawk 'Surprise Surfockinprise' when the missus opens the door, Smoke from the BBQ spelling out 'Happy Birthday' in white clouds and her dad taking a piss in the fish pond - A good day was had by all.

Man you really go to town! What did you do for her 30th????

All of it.

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal_tiger wrote:
Man you really go to town! What did you do for her 30th????

That was 1999, we had B*Witched over for tea and cakes - they then gave her an impromptu performance of 'Blame it on the Weatehrman' and 'C'est La Vie' on the decking that I'd put up in the back Garden before they were asked to leave after snorting coke off the mantelpiece.

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:33 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it not be possible they're all different times? It'd take at least a year to do the whole country

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilvaRizla wrote:
Could it not be possible they're all different times? It'd take at least a year to do the whole country

No it''s DEFINATELY ALL the 7th August 2001 as 300 miles away from the Birthday Party my Mum and Dad were taking part in a Water Skiing Competition on Lake Windermere - They came 2nd in the over 60's combined slalom and jumping competition and can be seen next to the lake on a rostrum collecting their Silver Medal.

Parmo Paul
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:07 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see my earlier post to prove that Steve H is talking tosh Laughing

The Peterlee and Edinburgh pics are pre-2000, and SilvaRizla you are quite right in the fact that it would have taken them a while to photograph the entire UK (although Northern Ireleand seems not to have high res photos).

ashley_46
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:10 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bits of nottingham are deffinately in the last 11months because you can actually see the decking on our back garden.

On a seperate note i mentioned this the other week in the google earth thread Razz

Gears
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:09 - 06 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are old pics around where i live, they havent started building the M6 toll road yet.

Ride Safe
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 329 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1