Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike Insurance for Dummies

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thefallenange...
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:03 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me a company which offers an acceleration scheme or recommend me something along those lines as i've got one for my car (Joys of being 18) and seem to be paying well over the top on insurance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dilusi
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:08 - 30 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

six wrote:
How are you all getting like £150 - £200 for your quotes. I am just about 16, and looked up the cost for Third Party, Fire and Theft insurance on an Aprilia RS 50, restricted at 30mph, used for recreational purposes only, and it came to, lowest, £800! Thats more than the bike is worth itself (second hand)!!!

I will certainly take a look at some of the websites up... and I will go out and get my MCN as well! Very Happy thanks

Its probably because your 16, I'm getting quotes from Bennets of £70 for a 125 on a provisional licence and no recent riding experience. But I'm 30, when I was 16 I had to pay £400 on an MT50

brianmcewan.co.uk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 03:45 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by above, I went onto MCE and got a quote for an almighty SV ( Very Happy )

I went on Bennett's and E-Bike and was seeing well over £1500 for TPFT.

I went by

03 Sv650s
worth £2500
1yrs NCB
Garaged
No Protection
19yo
License held for 1 MONTH Laughing
No Mods

Came out at just over £900. Which is only another £120 to what I'm paying on an RS125 at the minute.

So Middle Finger to E-Bike and Bennett's and a big Thumbs Up to MCE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

alec_h
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:28 - 07 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree MCE are cheap for me, but when you actually need them after an accident they are balls!

I pay £900 or something like that, and because I'm only TPFT they don't want to know. They have just handed it over to a solicitor, which is taking ages (still waiting to get something sorted from July)

I supposed there's no way you can check this, but make sure they actually give you a decent service for the amount you are paying!!!

Tooeymaster
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:25 - 23 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save yourself time and effort by using bike traders insurance search (fill out one form, they do the legwork)

https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/?refid=BT01&lid=GetQuote&lpos=PageBody

Just click 'get an online quote now' fill in the form! and watch for the results! Very Happy How i found the cheapest insurance quote for me!

(Devitt) Thumbs Up

Cigaro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 29 Mar 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

six wrote:
How are you all getting like £150 - £200 for your quotes. I am just about 16, and looked up the cost for Third Party, Fire and Theft insurance on an Aprilia RS 50, restricted at 30mph, used for recreational purposes only, and it came to, lowest, £800! Thats more than the bike is worth itself (second hand)!!!

I will certainly take a look at some of the websites up... and I will go out and get my MCN as well! Very Happy thanks

That's certainly odd, I'm 18, no NCB, had a crash last year (in a car), and Bennetts only want £160 from me TPFT on a CG125. Roll on Saturday when I pass my CBT Very Happy

wephilips
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:34 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: H AND R Reply with quote

I've always found this company to be really cheap compared to others

www.hrinsurance.co.uk

i hope it can be of use to some one!
will

Last edited by wephilips on 22:20 - 14 Apr 2007; edited 1 time in total

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 13 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump

But Tooeymaster's link just saved me over £200 on my insurance Thumbs Up

2004 RSV Factory

Cluck cluck chicken

blacksun
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:00 - 14 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason they ask for occupation is a few things -

lets say your a bartender.
you might have a few drinks, your vehicle is gonna be in the carpark/roadside next to the bar[drunks pouring out]

lets say a mechanic now -
you have access to lots of vehicles, which you will need insurance for, and you will probably ride/test them.
and so forth

now lets say you work in an office.
normal hours
vehicle in carpark.
your at work all day, not on the vehicle or anyone elses

Now lets say a professional athlete/entertainer
your rich so your gonna have an expensive vehicle
you will be doing alot of travelling
the parts for the vehicle will be expensive, and you will probably have custom modifications, which will be expensive replacing when you come to claim.

Who is more liable to have an accident, an office worker, or a sales rep travelling alot?

you get the idea

Nic B-C
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:17 - 20 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

just been quoted silly by Bike Sure on my chongqing templemoto trail 50 .

Its brand new although made in 2004

Im 40 and have a full UK car licence with an sp30 two years ago

Its a monkey bike like a Dax and I naturally thought insurance would be under £80 fully comp and they want £160 thrid party, reckon there are only two companies who will touch monkey bikes which must be bollocks, am i right in thinking this

i do have a claim going through on one of my cars at the min for vandalism though

Evo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:42 - 07 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quote on my 2002 RS50 is ridiculous and i cant wait to move onto the NSR later this month.

I went with MCE as they were cheapest at £317 TPFT (£350 Excess), I paid it in full to save money as i had it spare. 3 days later they tell me the policy is no longer being offered by the issuer and the next cheapest is £1024 TPFT (£100 Excess).

Bloody 1k. More than bikes worth.

£600 is cheapest on NSR (TPFT)and i havn't really looked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fuzz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 08 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evo wrote:
I went with MCE as they were cheapest at £317 TPFT (£350 Excess), I paid it in full to save money as i had it spare. 3 days later they tell me the policy is no longer being offered by the issuer and the next cheapest is £1024 TPFT (£100 Excess).

That's crap, a policy quote should be valid for at least 2 weeks. If they quote you that, they should be obliged to honour it for that duration.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 08 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOst quotes are usually valid for 28 days...

bob-a-job
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:40 - 09 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought id put my 2 pence in.

Did a sort of renewal quote today (been off the road for 6 mnths) and it cam back as one of the cheapest. I then went to a site like confused.com (i forget the name - will post it if i remember) and did a quote there, it returned the same insurer but about 30 quid cheaper.

So always check around as insurance companies are bastards and will screw you for all there worth!!!

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 26 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves* first post Smile

one thing I've found pretty usefull while going round the insurance companies is the google toolbar, it has an autofill option, which fills in any information you save to it. When getting internet quotes it can knock a bit of the tediousness out of each online form.

and no, I don't work for them

tash
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:43 - 28 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got a 650bandit k5 no no claims no experience live in hull Embarassed fully comp with bennets £161...very pleased with that quote..i am very old though.. Laughing

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 15:38 - 30 May 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooeymasters link saved me 130 quid too. And thats with a ban too on a 600. Nicely done sir.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

big d
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:47 - 16 Jun 2007    Post subject: pug rx6 Reply with quote

can somebody give me a rough insurance price for a pug rx6 for a 16 yr boy, ncb, third party. id like to know before i buy the bike cos im trying to keep the price as low as possible. thx

Jeneric
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:27 - 17 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooeymasters link saved me nearly £400 on an Aprilla RS125 with provisional licence, no NCB, living in East London, £354 fully comp... im impressed! Thumbs Up

bleddyn123
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:50 - 10 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got insurance with bennets its 571.00 a year for me im 18 passed my cbt a month ago riding a 99 plte nsr125 could this be beaten oh and thats third party only

bledd

roach_101
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:02 - 11 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleddyn123 wrote:
i got insurance with bennets its 571.00 a year for me im 18 passed my cbt a month ago riding a 99 plte nsr125 could this be beaten oh and thats third party only

bledd

i have just got insurened with honda insurance which they have gone with axa to be the cheapest. it is 550 a year paying monthly. i am 19 have the same bike and year as yours and this is for third party, fire and theft and also legal expenses and up to 500 pounds helmet and leathers cover. i was originaly going to go with bennets which also chose axa as the cheapest but this worked out to be about 570ish so i just asked honda insurance to beat it and they did. Very Happy

jacqui
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:39 - 15 Jul 2007    Post subject: to six trackday trickster Reply with quote

hi mate my name is jason and im 19 (on my mums thing) i know what you mean, insurance stinks. i have been driving with a full car licence for two years never claimed so i thought i would go in for my bike licence and insure my mums cbr 600 just to go to work and back on but they told me THIRD PARTY FIRE AND THEFT would be £1086 but my mum can insure the same bike for just £77. Sad

Steve-D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:29 - 16 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATM im looking around for quotes for a restricted suzuki bandit, what iv found from like 20+ quotes only one asked if it was modified, restricted ect and that ones the cheapest so far 335 quid third party fire and theft, thats me filling them out as a 17 yr old which i think is pretty cheap compared to what iv been hearing. and on my 50cc fizzy my insurance was 150 quid TPFT when when my mates were paying about 400 for scooters Smile

roach_101
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:35 - 16 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve-D wrote:
only one asked if it was modified, restricted ect and that ones the cheapest so far 335 quid third party fire and theft

hi, what insurance company is that with coz that is very cheap especially for a bigger bike. like i say mine is about 550 for just my nsr 125r but that does include 500 quid helmet and leather cover and legal expenses but without these it is still around 490-500 quid paying monthly that is.

oh and i'm 19.

Steve-D
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 16 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.egroup-insurance.com
but today checking it its jumped up by 50 quid Sad oh well not 17 for 6 months
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9