Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike Insurance for Dummies

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Funkydancer This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 02:05 - 20 Apr 2009    Post subject: Re: cheap insurance and some..... Reply with quote

Funkydancer wrote:
Hi there everyone! I also insured through ebikeinsurance.co.uk and got a great deal saved over 150 quid!
Best part was they also sold me GAP insurance which helped a lot after my bike was written off. I suggest everyone should have GAP. I think the number to call is 0845 2190639 they were pretty good and will do you a deal ofr your GAP. Good luck.

Maybe if your insurers had protected your assets a little better you would have had no need for GAP insurance.

cheesyleps
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 06:12 - 27 Apr 2009    Post subject: Re: H AND R Reply with quote

wephilips wrote:
I've always found this company to be really cheap compared to others

www.hrinsurance.co.uk

i hope it can be of use to some one!
will

Had trouble with these guys recently.

I had to go back to sea earlier than expected and hadn't had the opportunity to renew my insurance policy. So, in the space of an hour I trawled all the comparison sites and the cheapest I found was these guys through tesco compare. So, clicked through, gave them card details etc. and thought nothing more of it.

Call home two weeks later when I'm at sea, and there had been a big kerfuffle. They required a signature on a document before they would honour the insurance agreement. Being in Singapore at the time, that wasn't really an option. Asked them if my parents could act on my behalf and they refused and cancelled the policy.

A week later, my parents get a call from them saying that they have made a mistake and that they had sent the refund payment twice and now needed permission to remove one amount from my bank account. My mother replied along the lines of "If I'm unable to act on his behalf to take out the policy, how can I act to allow you to take money from his account?" A day later they took it out regardless.

When I got home, I checked all this on my bank statements and they have eventually refunded short of £52. When I try to get in touch with them, no one can give me any sort of straight answer.

Any recommendations on where to proceed from there?

Also, friend of mine used them and was quoted very competitively, but when the documents came through there was all sorts of mistakes on it (had him down as a doctor, home owner, married etc.). To rectify this, they wanted an extra payment to cover a higher premium (which made it more expensive than others), plus a £30 document charge.

In all, I'd stay away from them.
"Son, some day you will make a girl very happy, for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you and be with new men who are ten times better than you could ever hope to be. These men are called Sailors."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tome
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:01 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If looking at TPO/TPFT always check well!
The number of quotes I checked when insuring my Hornet once my restriction was up and TPFT was cheaper.

Tome
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:02 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of quotes I checked when insuring my Hornet once my restriction was up and TPFT was cheaper.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tome wrote:

TPO is rarely cheaper - reason being is that people that insure TPO have an uncanny knack of not giving a fcuk about what they're riding/driving and, as such, are a higher moral hazard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
K0rnIsAFAGGOT This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Newbiker0507
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:29 - 30 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanielSON wrote:
My TPO quotes are always cheaper than TPF&T. Confused

Ditto.

Koados
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:30 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: My Insurance Policy Reply with quote

I found that - https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk

They were really good, I went with direct choice broker (AXA) Via the link above using TBI quoting system.

Fully comp £675
First Year of riding on a Bike of a value of £2500
Mileage = 10,000
Commuting S,D & P
£500 accessory cover (Included Free)

I thought it was a very good deal. Razz

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooeymaster wrote:
Save yourself time and effort by using bike traders insurance search (fill out one form, they do the legwork)

https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/?refid=BT01&lid=GetQuote&lpos=PageBody

Just click 'get an online quote now' fill in the form! and watch for the results! Very Happy How i found the cheapest insurance quote for me!

(Devitt) Thumbs Up

Just a heads up, use a fake mobile number when doing a quote on there. They pass the number on and within minutes you get pestered with calls, either private number or 0207 2963690.

I HATE getting pestering calls. Evil or Very Mad

minibird
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:51 - 27 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a couple of comparison sites to get my insurance, I previously had pay as you go from ebike which was £15 per month for TPO. I now have a full year TPF&T including legal cover for £85.

I put my real mobile number on all sites and had ONE call, so I went with them, they were very nice and when I realised my debit card had run out they rang back later when I had chance to ask hubby for use of his. I also got some funky little cards to carry with their details on and spaces to fill in accident details Laughing

Pixie69
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 19 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how buying a restricted bike will affect the insurance quote? (I have a A2 licence, as I am vertically challenged, but am over 21). Do I tick the 'full UK licence' box? Do I phone them and explain? Will the sneer at me? Confused

honda_arry
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 10 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I paid £100 to insure my CG125 (3rd party f+t) through Bennets (insured through Red Star Equity), had the renewal letter recently from Bennets and was expecting my premium drop with no claims etc but it had gone up to £135.

Anyway had a look on thebikeinsurer and found the same cover for £76 with Aquote (funnily insured through Red Star Equity as well), and fully comp for £100, anyone used them?
Adsenoile This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
PeterKesel This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Philious
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:09 - 13 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had to insure myself on the RS125 a few months ago I tried the usual comparison sites and found the prices to be £400+ for TPFT with no legal expenses or extra's.

Went to motorcycle direct (brokers) and they got it down £130 and it was £211 with everything apart from roadside assistance. Thumbs Up

Clicky Thumbs Up
L This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Piggie
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:29 - 26 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: Bike Insurance for Dummies Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

Also, take note that some companies will now accept a No Claims Bonus which was earned on a car

Bendy stated this in the threads opening post, i know 3 years have passed since the post but has anyone actually experienced this,
i only ask as i have 9 years no claims on my car, and i'm planning on selling it, anyone want an 03 golf tdi lol

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:42 - 26 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=2051395

Piggie
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:38 - 26 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=2051395

Cheers Ste but thats bike to car, my previous question was car to bike

seomul
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:00 - 16 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing this information.
Leviathan91 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
mikemilan01 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
mikemilan01 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Malarki
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 16 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is pillion cover compulsory?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9