 John C World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:02 - 14 Jun 2006 Post subject: "Open with..." tool? |
 |
|
I'm after a free utility which will eliminate the need to to "Right Click>Open with..." when I want to open the same file type in various applications in a short space of time.
Lets say if I double left click on a specific file extension it opens in dreamwever but if I double right click it opens in I.E.6.
Does anything like this exist?
Cheers  |
|
 Makaveli_Rydah Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:32 - 14 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't think you can get anything like that - can't you just use the open with once and set it to always open with that program ?
I know i did it once when opening Real player files via Media player but i can't remember how to
Only other option would be to change the extension itself but i'm guessing that would prevent it working in it's host program . ____________________ Bike History:- Vision / Phantom 100 / Aerox 100 / Runner VX125 / Honda VFR400 NC24 / Kwak ZX9R B3 / Honda CBR600 F / ZZR400 & K2 GSXR 750 / Suzuki VZ800 |
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:50 - 14 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Best thing to do...
Create shortcuts to the applications you want to use in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\SendTo
Obviously replacing USERNAME with the username you log into windows with. That folder is hidden by default, so you may need to unhide hidden folders.
Then, right click the file, click "send to", and select the application you want to use.
 ____________________ <Simple> no I'm shaven Jon
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map |
|
 Jamie. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:10 - 14 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Whats wrong with clicking 3 times imo  |
|