BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My GTA video

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:41 - 13 Jun 2006    Post subject: My GTA video Reply with quote

Well this little project took me just under 3 days to finally get together.
If you've never played / owned Grand Theft Auto this will just make no sense .

However , if you do - please enjoy my stunt video .....

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=0SL63DB7

0ddball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 13 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if the site is running slow or something but it's waaay too slow to download. 93 MB at 25k would take over an hour.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:03 - 13 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it can be a slow server i'm afraid .

But at least this way you can download and surf at the same time with no real bandwidth loss Laughing

( got to look on the bright side of things Laughing )

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:30 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you download it then Monkey ?

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly if you want anyone to download that find another host for the file man, it took way too long, and if i dident have time on my hands today i woulda given up half way through...

But once i finally got it i was very impressed, reminded me of all the stunts i used to do on vice city... Great music, two very diff songs but i love them both,

The bike skins were very good on vice city too... i like the jacked up Gixxer... Cool stunts too man, most impressive has to be riding over the golden gate bridge... that was nice, how did you get up there? some kind of warping app?... Either way, the vid is definately worth a download if you can stand waiting for it or if he gets a new server.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 17:19 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want people to watch it then choose a better video compressor.

Div x is quite good at lowering file sizes.

You can also get away with dropping the resolution to somewhere between 340 x 240 - 480 x 360. Reducing the frame rate to 12.5/15 frames per second is not noticeable at these resolutions.

Dropping the sound compression to 22Khz and making it mono is anotehr way of further reducing size.

Can't be arsed waiting to see the video but if you can get it down I'll have a kneb Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vid is 8 mins cragie, i think hes done ok that side, just picked a fuckin shit server to put it on...

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:50 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the server lads - it's funny some people are hitting 800kbs some are hitting 20 Confused
All i can suggest is keep trying - sorry Sad

As for getting on the bridge - you can ride up the side and bounce onto it - i don't use any cheats or spawning mechs in my vids and all models are direct replacements for their in game counterparts.

Video size was originally 11.65 gig as i made an HD version - getting down to under 100mb did lose a lot of quality but i really couldn't make it any smaller

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 20:00 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a hi definition video of 24 that comes in under 324MB and thats fourty five minutes long! 8minutes at hi res must be uncompressed if it comes in at nearly 12 gig!

Please don't take any offence, I'm just saying that 100Mb isn't particulary good compression for internet delivery of a movie.

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:22 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence taken - just that was as small as i could get it down really - by the way i am now uploading to another server so i'll see if it's any better for you guys Wink

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:21 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Lads , here's another link from a different host ......

It's topping at 300k for me so not too bad ...

https://rapidshare.de/files/23064587/Mak_Rydahs_-_A_Tale_Of_2_Cities.rar.html

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 23:29 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

First server was fine mate Karma

Ace vid Mr. Green

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:54 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks matey Thumbs Up

Noticed you were on SWF today - that was a shock Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:06 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: . Reply with quote

I watched the one from the first link. Nice one. Thumbs Up

I can do some of those stunts, and I am pretty damn good with the planes, but damn! There are some things in there, jumping the bridge, and landing it again, and then doing the next support, and landing it! I've never done that. Shocked Shocked

I don't understand all the technical gubbins, but I liked watching the stunts.

Anyway, very entertaining. Cool

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely edited vid with some cool stunts. Will have to re-install GTA again so I can have a go.

Re-hosted for you mak.

https://www.divuk83.net/downloads/Mak%20Rydahs%20-%20A%20Tale%20Of%202%20Cities.rar

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:38 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers dave , you can stick that up on Drag if Paul will let you , don't think he's speaking to me Embarassed

Kam
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:51 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O Makaveli, do u play GTA online for the PC? im SURE i recognise the name makaveli Rydah. Great vid Very Happy Wake up is one of my favourite songs, loved the camera change with the beats of the songs. That really was immense Very Happy good stuff dude!! that Gsxr skin is HOT! i might download all the Gta's after my exams are done and make a mini movie Very Happy

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:26 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam wrote:
:O Makaveli, do u play GTA online for the PC? im SURE i recognise the name makaveli Rydah. Great vid Very Happy Wake up is one of my favourite songs, loved the camera change with the beats of the songs. That really was immense Very Happy good stuff dude!! that Gsxr skin is HOT! i might download all the Gta's after my exams are done and make a mini movie Very Happy

Theres a GTA online? I've never heard of this, is it any good? What do you do in the game?

Kam
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:52 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, you race through checkpoints created on a map by people or play like destrubtion derby on a map with loads of ledges and people put in those icons which change your vehicle so you can gt the attack helicopters and stuff and hydras and play deathmatch Very Happy There's also fun stunt maps where people have created loops and theres a proper full on almost vertical downhil race on bikes where if u land at even a slight angle u lose control and sorta tankslapper

Tis called multitheft auto and u can get it off here i think: https://www.mtavc.com/

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kool, sound good! Do you think they will ever make an official online GTA tho, where you can roam around. Don't see why not really.

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 10:57 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Host it on google, vids takes a few days to verify but its really good Thumbs Up

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:15 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for support Thumbs Up

GTA online is actually called MTA - Multi Theft Auto

Yes i have played but have given it a rest after i smashed my last keyboard Laughing
I'll give it another go when the next build comes out but at the moment it's too buggy

Kam
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:33 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
Kool, sound good! Do you think they will ever make an official online GTA tho, where you can roam around. Don't see why not really.

hmm, im really not sure. I think it could be really cool though, like people could save up cash from street racing and mission and buy property and people could make their own missions, have a certain amount of players on one team then another on the other team. Take over building and stuff. Oh!! and it would be great if you could join a gang and have gang wars everywhere ^^

Makaveli_Rydah wrote:
Thanks for support Thumbs Up

GTA online is actually called MTA - Multi Theft Auto

Yes i have played but have given it a rest after i smashed my last keyboard Laughing
I'll give it another go when the next build comes out but at the moment it's too buggy

Sweet, i'll probs join ya after my exams like Very Happy

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam wrote:

hmm, im really not sure. I think it could be really cool though, like people could save up cash from street racing and mission and buy property and people could make their own missions, have a certain amount of players on one team then another on the other team. Take over building and stuff. Oh!! and it would be great if you could join a gang and have gang wars everywhere ^^

This would be the ultimate game. Mr. Green

Makaveli_Rydah
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:20 - 22 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's not headed in that direction yet - pretty much just racing and dare i say it .. " gang banging " Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 315 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2