Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Are there any lawyers on here who would offer me assistance?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Kara
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Are there any lawyers on here who would offer me assistance? Reply with quote

I'm in a bit of argument with a shop and I want to know if I have a case for a refund, I don't want to post anything up here as to the situation, but if there is anyone who would be willing to assist me and can, I would be eternally grateful.

I have been waiting on the CAB for nearly two weeks with no reply.

Please either PM me, or my e-mail is [email protected]

If you are a lawyer with experience of consumer law and a sympathetic biker, then I would be more than willing to pay for assitance. I don't expect to get this kind of help for free.

Thank you
Kara
____________________
NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:56 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tried trading standerds Question

Wish I could help but im doing Criminal law at them moment only 3 years left Neutral
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Are there any lawyers on here who would offer me assista Reply with quote

Kara wrote:
I don't want to post anything up here as to the situation, but if there is anyone who would be willing to assist me and can, I would be eternally grateful.

That makes it very hard for anyone who would be willing to assist you to do so. Confused

Just post up about it with the shop in question being kept nameless, collective mind of BCF is usually very helpful but without any details no one can try to help.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara you got a PM hope it helps I will try and explain it a bit more if you want me too and I can Wink
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kara
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:50 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Are there any lawyers on here who would offer me assista Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Kara wrote:
I don't want to post anything up here as to the situation, but if there is anyone who would be willing to assist me and can, I would be eternally grateful.

That makes it very hard for anyone who would be willing to assist you to do so. Confused

Just post up about it with the shop in question being kept nameless, collective mind of BCF is usually very helpful but without any details no one can try to help.


I'm very wary of posting what has happened publicily, even with the bike shop being unnamed. . . .won't it weaken my case?

I'm so angry, confused and pissed off, and they don't even realise, they think everything is fine. Sad
____________________
NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you catch crabs from trying on some leather trousers...


Thinking
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kara
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Sad
____________________
NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Did you catch crabs from trying on some leather trousers...


Thinking

Much much worse!!!
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitten wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:
Did you catch crabs from trying on some leather trousers...


Thinking

Much much worse!!!


Dammit now im intrigued.

Im assuming the real reason for not divulging information is more to do with saving face then keeping your case strong.

So g'wan, share the joy.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you would be in need of a solicitor not a lawyer.

Virtually all transactions between a retailer and a member of the public are governed by the sale of goods act. On top of this you have additional rights if you pay for the goods or services re paid for by credit card.

Check the sale of goods act on www.hmso.gov.uk you can also talk to trading standards rather than CAB as sales and services are more their thing.

Bit hard to give any advice unless you give us the story of whats happened. As an ex-service manager I may be able to tell you if your claim has any merit as I know the in's and out's of the trade but I'm not a solicitor so would recommend you see one regardless.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kara
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:43 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really to do with saving face to be honest bonnie, I bought a second bike from a garage with a good reputation, had a full day test in bad weather so didn't thrash it, took it for a good test later and it's duff.

Took it back to be fixed and I've had problem after problem. It's spent more time in my garage or theres than on the road. They have showed complete ignorance as to the cause of the fault and will not even entertain that what I believe to be wrong could be. They keep fobbing me off with excuses and plain rudeness and now I just want the money back so I can go elsewhere.

I'm more than happy to PM what has happened to any individual who can spare the time to help me out and advise me, but I don't really want to air my dirty washing in public as I'm not sure as it's a wise thing to considering I'm in the middle of this whole situation at the minute.

After I've got everything sorted I'll be more than happy to tell the whole story, including names as I think it would be good for people to be aware of the way I have been treated. Maybe Smile
____________________
NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:50 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sale of goods act. Unfit for the purpose.

Contact trading standards.

If you want to PM me the symptoms, year, make and model I may be able to tell you whats wrong.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:50 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just mention Trading Standards, i once bought a moped from a shop which lights didn't work properly & didn't really want the bike anyway. He argued that i bought the bike as seen, even if i did it's still illegal to sell a bike that's not road worthy. Anywho i mentioned that i was going to speak to TS & he gave me a refund right away.

There great help & won't cost you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stu_666
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 27 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:20 - 18 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's what I would do is try trading standards first. If no joy there then write to the shop in question outlining that this bike is a piece of crap (in more eloquent terms of course Wink ) and say that you want the problem fixed. You could also look into the option of having the repairs done by someone else then claiming it back of the shop in question. You would have to check if that is possible to do though through the small claims court as not 100% sure meself (been a while since I did law).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

www.125power.com
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:02 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

take one banana, a roll of duck tape and some baby oil. When used correctly they will empty till/hand over keys/repair/refund anything you want them too Thumbs Up
____________________
My eBay Items
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stitch
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:19 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you decide to go the route of having the bike looked at by a third party with the intention of charging the garage from where you bought the bike then you need to inform them in writing that this is your intention due to their (for the lackof a better term) piss poor performance and lack of knowlege, and help. If you dont then they could argue the case that the bike has been interfered with.
____________________
BAARRR HUMBUG CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED THIS YEAR
A Vida Suga...
Kawasaki ER5/sold Suzuki SV650S/loving it
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:18 - 19 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Kitten wrote:
Much much worse!!!


Dammit now im intrigued.

Im assuming the real reason for not divulging information is more to do with saving face then keeping your case strong.

So g'wan, share the joy.


Nah, you don't need to save face when someone else has done something incompetent!
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 115 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.22 Sec - Server Load: 1.1 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 101.22 Kb