Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


MP3 stream recorders

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 16 Jun 2006    Post subject: MP3 stream recorders Reply with quote

Anyone know any decent MP3 recorders?

I've been using Anewsoft MP3 recorder but since buying my new soundcard (Philips PSC724) it wont record, just seems to record REALLY quietly. Dunno whether it's my soundcard or what, but either way I can no longer record streaming audio like I used to. Anyone recommend something, and perhaps link me to a 'legitimate' copy?

Cheers.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 16 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this Wink
____________________
"Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:30 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Streamripper. Thumbs Up
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:29 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers lads, thanks for the help, although I think my soundcard is just shit. When I used to have my SB Live! when I looked in recording properties in the record program it would show a tab 'What U Hear', I just had to select that and it would record whatever was coming through the speakers.

With my new card I only have CD/Video, rear line-in, rear mic-in, front mic-in and input mix, and no matter what I select it doesn't record anything. I've tried going through the sound options in control panel and selecting each of them in the record tab and still nothing, so I have no idea how I can record streams with this card.

Pissed me off because I've just got a W810i and there's some tracks/mixes I want to record and I cant even do it with this new soundcard, Evil or Very Mad.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:45 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflex wrote:
Cheers lads, thanks for the help, although I think my soundcard is just shit. When I used to have my SB Live! when I looked in recording properties in the record program it would show a tab 'What U Hear', I just had to select that and it would record whatever was coming through the speakers.

With my new card I only have CD/Video, rear line-in, rear mic-in, front mic-in and input mix, and no matter what I select it doesn't record anything. I've tried going through the sound options in control panel and selecting each of them in the record tab and still nothing, so I have no idea how I can record streams with this card.


Right, My home pc and one of the pc's in my office at work had similar issues...

anywaaay, in control panel, "sounds and audio devices", audio tab, in the sound recording section click the volumn button,

Can you take a screen shot of that page? The options you need to select are in there (just make sure under windows volumn control (start, run and type "sndvol32") are all set to max and none of 'em are muted)

Also what/how are you trying to record? are you talking internet radio streams or something like that :S ? or are you plugging something that plays sound into the linein/mic port on your motherboard :S ?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers djr, here's a couple of pics.

Seriously, I have no idea how to make this piece of crap record, cant believe I spent £40 on a so called 'better' soundcard and I cant record anything.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:23 - 17 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The program I used to use, Anewsoft MP3 Recorder, would literally record anything that was coming through the speakers. I used to be able to click on an audio stream, open that program and it would record it. Basically anything that was coming through the speakers would be recorded as an MP3, so it was really easy to record streams. Since getting this new card (Philips PSC724) I can no longer do that, I've tried selecting all the tabs etc., but still nothing comes up when I record.

Evil or Very Mad
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.12 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 53.81 Kb