Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

If you're on Tiscali, read this...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

impaler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:50 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: If you're on Tiscali, read this... Reply with quote

If you're paying £17.99 for 2Mb Unlimited from Tiscali then you're paying too much. The current rate is £14.99 so if you go to the package upgrade section on their website you can change to the same package at the lower price. Thieving bastards.

https://www.ian-atkin.net/blog/index.php/2006/06/25/tiscali-being-sneaky/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes This is the 2nd time it's happened, we got 512kb Unlimited for £17.99, then we had to tell them to upgrade to 1MB Unlimited for £14.99, and now I'll have to phone them tomorrow to upgrade us to 2MB Unlimited.

Sneaky gits.

Thanks for the heads up though. Smile Thumbs Up

impaler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:03 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

No probs. You don't need to phone them though, you can do it through the member area on the website if you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

tokarev
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks for that info, just changed it. Could do with saving a couple of quid! Thumbs Up

I think that tiscali are going to be offering 8MB unlimited for £17.99 per month soon (i think it said August or September).

impaler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:13 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tokarev wrote:
I think that tiscali are going to be offering 8MB unlimited for £17.99 per month soon (i think it said August or September).

Yeah, I think I got an email saying August. But my 12 month minimum contract is up in September and there's no chance I'll be staying with them any longer than that. Seeing as my 2Mb service is total crap except between maybe 1am and noon, I can only imagine how hilarious it'll be once they start dishing out 8Mb connections...

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:37 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Thumbs Up , il do that upgrade.

impaler - do you really get bad problems with it? Iv never had any problems and my downloads speeds are basically the same when ever im connected.

MRX Steve
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:40 - 25 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gone to upgrade and it says im still on 512k and paying 17.99 Shocked , glad i spotted this thread

impaler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:55 - 26 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRX Steve wrote:
impaler - do you really get bad problems with it? Iv never had any problems and my downloads speeds are basically the same when ever im connected.

I use Usenet to do my downloads using a program called Ninan - in a morning I can get 200-220kb/s, which is what I would expect from my 2Mb connection. It starts to drop around noon and by maybe 3pm I can only get 20kb/s. It generally stops completely by 4pm, and will not work again until very late in the evening. That's not what I'm paying for Confused

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 26 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends where your downloading from as well. On Rapidshare, I get an average download rate of 230kb/s on a 1MB connection, and from torrents it's anywhere between 10 and 100kb/s - generally around 40kb/s.

If I can double those speeds for free, I'll be a happy bunny. Smile

impaler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:53 - 26 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about downloading from Giganews... I very much doubt they are the bottleneck Wink

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 15:02 - 26 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me loves cable Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 26 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Me loves cable Mr. Green

Me too 8mb thats quite slow!!!

Plus hardly anyone gets the 8mb, unless they're next to the exchange.

I've actualy got used to 10mb download speeds and I want more.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1