Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

unreall

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Politics & Current Affairs by G (3 Jul 2006 - 19:21)
View previous topic : View next topic  

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 19:09 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: unreall Reply with quote

i wonder what would be said if it was a christian only day?

https://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1658797/posts

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:19 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

And pigs will fly.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:20 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: unreall Reply with quote

If a chrstian based church aranged to have a large chrstian based event there and were only inviting people of a Christian faith, I wouldn't expect it would be considered much less of a problem as this will undoubtably be by many people who might conisder themselves christian - or not muslim, anyway.

Cannon
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:20 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be a piss take Smile

If not then it's the BNP's way of getting a load of asians in one place at one time to do something nasty !!

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 19:23 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This has to be a piss take

It was in Saturdays Sun m8,
some guy tried to book 15 tickets for him and his family and was told he couldnt have them unless he booked through the muslim fun centre place.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 19:25 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"BRITAIN’S biggest fun park has sparked a race row — with a MUSLIMS-ONLY day.

Up to 28,000 are expected at Alton Towers on September 17 when there will be no music, booze or gambling.

Instead there will be prayer areas, Muslim stalls and all food served will be HALAL.

Organisers Islamic Leisure have billed it the First National Muslim Fun Day and tickets can only be bought through their website.

Non-Muslims phoning the Staffordshire park have been refused tickets.

One, George Hughes, 19, who rang up for 15 tickets for a pal’s birthday, said: “I couldn’t believe it.

“It’s the only day we can go, yet I can’t because I’m not Muslim. Can you imagine all the fuss if there was a Christians-only day?”

George, of Crayford, Kent, added: “My Muslim friends think it’s outrageous.

“What’s the world coming to when people are being banned from flying the St George’s flag yet this sort of day is allowed? If it must be held, then why not on a weekday rather than a busy weekend?”

The event is widely promoted on the internet and the Muslim Public Affairs Committee declared it “exclusively for our brothers and sisters”.

But some Muslims have condemned the idea. One university student on a Muslim website forum said: “It’s hardly encouraging integration.”

Another said: “What next . . . an all Muslims shopping day out in the Trafford Centre in Manchester?”

Abid Hussan of Islamic Leisure insisted the day was open to all faiths, although Islamic laws would apply.

He added: “There will be no smoking, no alcohol and halal food only.

“We’re trying to get Muslims to go to this day because they wouldn’t normally go somewhere like Alton Towers. We’re trying to integrate Muslims into the wider community. People can come down and see the way we live. It will be a peaceful family environment.”

Alton Towers said any organisation could hire the park for a day.

A spokeswoman said “We make no distinction regarding sexuality, religious, ethnic or lifestyle choices.”

She confirmed tickets for the day were now available only through Islamic Leisure. And Alton Towers would promote the fact that the day had been booked.

She added: “As a general rule, there will be no admission on the day to guests who have not booked through the organisation in advance.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006300314,00.html "

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:28 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: unreall Reply with quote

And, oddly enough, it's not 'Muslims Only', anyway. Anyone can book, providing you're happy to abide by the rules set down by the organiser of the day.

Seems like it's fairly standard practice - in a similar manner it's often possible to book a pub or club for a night and sell tickets yourself.

Seems like our tabloid culture following tabloid journalism, as usual Rolling Eyes.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 19:40 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how long do you think i would get away with owning a club and refused entry to Muslims, Jews, and any other faith that i didn't want?
but after a fuss was kicked up i then allowed other faiths as long as they didn't smoke ,drink only what i say they can drink, say only what i allow them to say and generally impose my faith on them?

I, not saying this is racist because i don't believe it is truly racist but i am saying how are they trying to "integrate" with society by have a Muslim only day? is the only society we live in Muslim? nope I'm sure it isn't and I'm damn sure that the way this has been done has f*ck all to do with integrating with society.

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bomb will do its job better now.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:48 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there was ever any claims that they refused entry to non-muslims?
Some clubs/pubs don't allow smoking, pretty much all limit themselves to a certain range of drinks.

Do they mention limits on what you are allowed to say? If we're talking not too much profanity etc, well, personally I think that's a good idea when there's families around anyway.

Not allowing people to drink, smoke or gamble at what is quite targetted as a 'family' location doesn't seem massively bad to me really anyway.

If this is the only way some of these people are going to be Able to experience Alton Towers, I don't see it being a big issue.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 19:48 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: unreall Reply with quote

G wrote:
And, oddly enough, it's not 'Muslims Only', anyway. Anyone can book, providing you're happy to abide by the rules set down by the organiser of the day.

Fu*k em, there in OUR country Middle Finger

Quote:

Abid Hussan of Islamic Leisure insisted the day was open to all faiths, although Islamic laws would apply

aka "Sharia law" were women are treated like cattle, homesexuals non-muslims are criminals, freedom of speech and democracy is outlawed.

They should really rename it 7th century arabic sub-human day.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 19:50 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That only leaves 364 'Christian' days left for those that want to go Rolling Eyes

Hardly fair is it? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 19:53 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think there was ever any claims that they refused entry to non-muslims?

Quote:
Organisers Islamic Leisure have billed it the First National Muslim Fun Day and tickets can only be bought through their website.

Non-Muslims phoning the Staffordshire park have been refused tickets.

i highlighted it better for you to read G Wink

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 19:55 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which means you have to buy it from the organisers, the Park won't sell any tickets for it.......to anyone Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:57 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: unreall Reply with quote

tatters wrote:

'OUR' country, or your country?
If it's 'our', then I'm quite happy for such things to happen

Also, sorry, but there are already rules set for such places. YOU do not own Alton Towers, it's up to the people that own to set what rules they want to.

Quote:

aka "Sharia law" were women are treated like cattle, homesexuals non-muslims are criminals, freedom of speech and democracy is outlawed.

They didn't specify which laws.
Plenty of incidents of women being treated like cattle in non-Muslim british society.
Homosexuals treated much worse than criminals.
Non-English the same.
Freedom speech? - You definitely can only say what you want if it's in the bounds of what Society wants you to say in this country.
Democracy - like that works for us, where we've now got two parties with very similar policies in an attempt to get to power however they can.

Yes, I agree many 'Muslim states' are much worse, but I don't expect to see that to be an issue here really.

Last edited by G on 19:59 - 03 Jul 2006; edited 1 time in total

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 19:58 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwaker6r wrote:
Which means you have to buy it from the organisers, the Park won't sell any tickets for it.......to anyone Wink

OI you !! stop trying to turn this into a flame war Shocked
If they are not selling to "any one" then why state non muslims?

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 20:01 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately not into that Laughing Wink

I just think the media often spin these things to their own advantage, and the detriment of society as a whole. Sad

Its a private fun park being hired out for the day, don't see what the big deal is who hires it Cool

Could also be said non-muslim,non christian,non jewish etc etc, ie no-one. The park can't sell tickets to a private day to the public

Last edited by Kwaks on 20:03 - 03 Jul 2006; edited 1 time in total

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:02 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, i like the bit where it says "what next..a muslim only shopping day at the trafford centre in manchester ?"
He obviously hasnt been there recently !! Its already happened....every day.

Ahmato_
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:07 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We’re trying to get Muslims to go to this day because they wouldn’t normally go somewhere like Alton Towers.

Bullsh*t. I know enough Muslims that go to Alton Towers/Drayton Manor etc, if you don't want to smoke/drink/gamble you don't have to, so just avoid the people that do it...

*Sigh*

Still, it will be interesting to see how many non-Muslims turn up..

tony532
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could go for a ride out.. i only live half an hour from alton towers.

and chant hail the crusades at them all at the gate.

aprilia rs125 - suzuki gsxr400rrsp 1990 - yamaha yzf600r thundercat - honda hornet 6

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:18 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure plenty of 'christians' do things they shouldn't do either according to their faith, however others do follow their faith more seriously.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 20:23 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
tatters wrote:

'OUR' country, or your country?
If it's 'our', then I'm quite happy for such things to happen

Also, sorry, but there are already rules set for such places. YOU do not own Alton Towers, it's up to the people that own to set what rules they want to.

Then you a fool G not to reilze that things like this are the begining of the islamifcation of this country and its lardy dardy liberal marxists like your self who encourage it to happen.

G wrote:
tatters wrote:

They didn't specify which laws.
Plenty of incidents of women being treated like cattle in non-Muslim british society.
Homosexuals treated much worse than criminals.
Non-English the same.
Freedom speech? - You definitely can only say what you want if it's in the bounds of what Society wants you to say in this country.
Democracy - like that works for us, where we've now got two parties with very similar policies in an attempt to get to power however they can.

Yes, I agree many 'Muslim states' are much worse, but I don't expect to see that to be an issue here really.

Its the principle that they want to practice Islamic law which has no place in the western world when for the last 1384 years millions of europeans have died defending there right to be a non-musilm and keeping this backwards evil reilgon at bay.
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:29 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:

Then you a fool G not to reilze that things like this are the begining of the islamifcation of this country and its lardy dardy liberal marxists like your self who encourage it to happen.

Personally, I think what we are much more likely to see is the slow westernifcation of Islam.
I do not believe all muslims are evil nasty people trying to take over the world. Nor do I believe the same of all christians, though personally I see a lot more evidence of this.

I am not a Marxist, but nor do I consider that an insult.

Personally I think a hell of a lot of what happens in the western world has no place 'in the western world'. I definitely don't like a lot of Islamic 'laws' either, but I'm not arogant enough to believe that my ways are the ultimate best ways*.

In some cases muslims have also helped us defend our rights to live 'free' lives.

*This may not be true Smile

Basically, they're all shit.
Picking on one particular sector and trying to persecute individuals for the actions of a relative few others, I consider to be totally unjust and unfair, who ever does it.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:42 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe people should hit alton towers were it hurts in their pocket.

Seriously though its a dumb idea, segregation is never a good idea wether its in schools or even theme parks if you want to live in a multicultural society you should accept to live and work alongside different people all the time not when it suits you.

As for abiding by islamic laws because they booked a theme park i wouldn't.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 20:50 - 03 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to add a point of interest(to me anyway)

"Islamic leisure Ltd is an up and coming leisure provider in the UK focusing on the needs of the Muslim community. Many of the leisure facilities in the UK are unsuitable for Muslim use due to the presence of alcohol, music & gambling onsite to name just a few of the Muslims concerns. We at Islamic leisure aim to liaise with existing leisure providers and arrange environments that are conducive to Islamic regulations whilst retaining the 'fun factor'. The ultimate aim is to fill the void in the arena of Halal leisure for Muslims. "

And does anybody realise the Alton towers is owned by.....
Dubai Holdings and Tussauds Group

"The event is widely promoted on the internet and the Muslim Public Affairs Committee declared it “exclusively for our brothers and sisters”.

would i be a brother or sister?

And as somebody mentioned the BNP(not me may i add) this is their view on the subject....

"this is yet another example of how the majority have to be excluded from activities on our own soil. Add this “fun day” to the list of council run swimming pools and leisure centres which have special sessions for Muslim ladies, and the growing demand for the majority to be sensitive to Islamic demands, and it is clear that Britons will shortly be subject to Shari’a Law without any need for Acts of Parliament.

It is all one way - the Islamics take and we give ; we certainly are being taken for a ride!"
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3