Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Undercover police cars on the M23

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

dgk13
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 04 Jul 2006    Post subject: Undercover police cars on the M23 Reply with quote

I was on the M23 heading towards Brighton at about 1pm today (04th of July 2006)
Middle lane doing 70, coasting along in a car..

The car in front was a Mitsubishi EvoVIII Fq 400, which for those of you who don't know is quite a rapid car with 405bhp, 0-60 in the 3 second mark, and capable of 175mph.

In the right hand lane there was a Busa coasting past when a 98 R1 SHOT past, doing an easy 140mph, the Busa in a split second shot off also at great speed after him...

Suddenly the Evo8 shot off after them at a shocking rate of speed, then it turned blue lights and a siren on!

I have 3 questions...

A, Are either of the bikers on the forum?
B, Did either of you get nicked?
C, Did you catch the guy on the R1? lol

175mph is a lot to try and loose, even on a big bike. Just warning you guys to watch out for Evo's on that stretch of road!

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary!
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had the same Evos about on May Day I heard.

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Undercover police cars on the M23 Reply with quote

dgk13 wrote:
when a 98 R1 SHOT past

Laughing Did it leave a burning line in the tarmac as it went passed Shocked

Ive seen a scooby with hidden blues and twos on it, i was behind it and noticed the LED bits hidden behind the rear grill and the display thing that sits in the back window - you know that says "Pull Over" or what ever they do...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

michaelryland
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 17:28 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate in his MG was messing about with me on the M6 and he went past at 110 whilst I was sticking at 70, and just behind him an undercover cop in a Nissan 350z switched on the flashing lights and pulled him over.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 19:17 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen the same evo on the M23 before, its riddled with undercover cops.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 21:54 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 400hp evo is a feckin fast car, not sure of 175 though. I'd say 165 would be a tad more realistic and about 4.5 secs to 60. Still a quick car none the less.

If any of the bikers had any sense they would have kept the throttle to the stop as soon as they noticed blue lights, theres not much a car can do when it comes to chasing bikes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 23:58 - 05 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If any of the bikers had any sense they would have kept the throttle to the stop as soon as they noticed blue lights, theres not much a car can do when it comes to chasing bikes.

Take their number plates and visit their homes later on?

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitsubishi EVO VIII FQ400: 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, top speed 157mph.

Pah, a decent 600 will leave it on top speed. Still wouldn't want it chasing me though!

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Quote:

Take their number plates and visit their homes later on?

...and radio ahead to get the air support helicopter??

10 pence Short
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 00:51 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one of the Tv shows about Traffic cops they were chasing a criminal in one of these Evo's. The cops were in a plain Subaru Impreza and the Mitsubishi just disapeared into the distance. eventually they lost it and had a look around the area and found it parked up. Cop got out and said " Ahhh that'll be an FQ then, we can't catch those, we call them FQ's i.e F****** Quick.
With in-car video you'd be banged to rights just passing a cop at that sort of speed never mind trying to then outrun it.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was illegal for coppers to chase over 130 anyway?

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:39 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
I thought it was illegal for coppers to chase over 130 anyway?

I thought, by the letter of the law, it was illegal for them to go over 70mph - the same as the rest of us. It's just that it's (obviously) not taken any further. I'm sure I read something about "guidlines" on upper pursuit speeds though.

PeteFM
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's whatever is necarsary to catch them but working within indervidual force guidlines, whatever that forces guidlines on high speed pursuits are.

Guidlines on pursuing bikes have hit the headlines recently from some forces. In some forces the policy would shock you.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Undercover police cars on the M23 Reply with quote

dgk13 wrote:
I was on the M23 heading towards Brighton at about 1pm today (04th of July 2006)
Middle lane doing 70, coasting along in a car..

The car in front was a Mitsubishi EvoVIII Fq 400, which for those of you who don't know is quite a rapid car with 405bhp, 0-60 in the 3 second mark, and capable of 175mph.

In the right hand lane there was a Busa coasting past when a 98 R1 SHOT past, doing an easy 140mph, the Busa in a split second shot off also at great speed after him...

Suddenly the Evo8 shot off after them at a shocking rate of speed, then it turned blue lights and a siren on!

I have 3 questions...

A, Are either of the bikers on the forum?
B, Did either of you get nicked?
C, Did you catch the guy on the R1? lol

175mph is a lot to try and loose, even on a big bike. Just warning you guys to watch out for Evo's on that stretch of road!

Feh. All they had to do was take their helmets off and throw them away, and they could have got away...

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 22:06 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i commute the bottom half of the A23 by brighton, i've seen it in laybys a couple of time and spoted the coppers inside, since then i've been more wary of my speed, plus my impending court sommoms! Confused
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Undercover police cars on the M23 Reply with quote

[quote="Method"]
dgk13 wrote:
the display thing that sits in the back window - you know that says "Pull Over" or what ever they do...

Just bought one of them for me fiesta, can store like 20 different messages and ya change them with the remote control Laughing Laughing

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn last sunday i went down to brighton and ending up racing a porsche and was doing around the 150mph mark on the M23, wont be doing that again in a hurry!! Shocked

carsounds_dan
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:10 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

police can chase on motorways up to 130mph and then they have to get authorisation from the gaffa to go any faster.
i'd be careful on the M23, i work at an ICE installers in felbridge (near East Grinstead) and we get them come in for electrical work and stuff. the undercover motorway cars are actually highway patrol and they have 2 evos and an audi RS4/6 (the estate one with the nice engine Laughing ) and they're running between gatwich and brighton all the time.
i really should tell my dad about that as he does have a tendancy to use his right hand/foot dependant on vehicle

ade_dnb
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:13 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dazbo666 wrote:

...and radio ahead to get the air support helicopter??

I saw a tv prog before called cops or sumthing and they were trying to chase a bike.... even the chopper couldnt keep up!!

the only reason the bloke stopped was cos he run out of petrol......

it was in america tho and they mostly use thos state trooper pieces of shite.,.....

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 16:32 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw the evo cop car this morning, having pulled a car over just before junction 10.
remember its out there, so watch your right hand
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1