BCF: Bike Chat Forums

R1 rebuild

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 02:17 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: R1 rebuild Reply with quote

I think =N30= posted this earlier but it's finished now incredible amount of money thrown at it.

https://www.detailingworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117427

MugenSeiki
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 06:42 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome , love it Twisted Evil

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 07:58 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TimNorwich
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:51 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I love the finished look, I couldn't see anything hugely wrong with the bike in the first place?
Speedshite 50cc > Honda XR125L > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 02 Honda Hornet > 05 Honda CG125 winter hack > 04 Kawasaki ER-5 > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > 05 Honda CBR600F > 01 Honda Hornet

Acemastr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that money... then ruins it with far too many stickers, tis stunning though. Can only dream of having the money to do something like that.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an idiot. He spent £25,000 on it Rolling Eyes

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:37 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

It's his money, it is one nice bike, if he has the cash why not?

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

Because it would have been cheaper if he just bought a new bike and then fitted all the tarty stuff to that rather than reconditioning parts that didn't need it.

And not to mention that it looks awful Sick

MugenSeiki
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:27 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acemastr wrote:
Can only dream of having the money to do something like that.

+1

chris-red wrote:

It's his money

QFT

timmyboynorwich wrote:
Although I love the finished look, I couldn't see anything hugely wrong with the bike in the first place?

Doubt that was the point Thumbs Up

ms51ves3 wrote:
it would have been cheaper if he just bought a ...

..oyster card , but again I doubt that's the point man you should know that you comment on these threads all the time Very Happy Thumbs Up
But seriously buying a new bike and tarting it up is fine , just wouldnt make such a good a thread , the works all done . That IS the point of this section isnt it ?

It's easy to get carried away I guess but as long as you're happy and not hurting anyone , cant really see how that makes you an idiot Confused

imanupstart
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:21 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus....the bike looked immaculate to me to start with! definitely cleaner than any bike I've ever owned! Was killing myself when I saw that he cleaned the wiring looms Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

MugenSeiki wrote:
It's easy to get carried away I guess but as long as you're happy and not hurting anyone , cant really see how that makes you an idiot Confused

I never realised the definition of idiot was a person who is miserable and hurting someone Laughing

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks horrible IMO,i like the extras but the original paint was much nicer.

MugenSeiki
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 17:22 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
MugenSeiki wrote:

I never realised the definition of idiot was a person who is miserable and hurting someone Laughing

It is Thumbs Up

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 25 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

Not to mention alot of "no no's!" when he rebuilt it... Ow well, money wasted but it is his.

Alexio
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:36 - 25 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the part where I saw old vs new / dirty vs shiny comparison pics Thumbs Up

Mystery
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 25 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

disgusting far to much carbon looks to it, if it got painted up it might look nicer
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 25 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindweezy wrote:
disgusting far to much carbon looks to it, if it got painted up it might look nicer

I agree, i actually shuddered when he put copper grease on his spindle...

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 17:28 - 25 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizarrely, I don't really like it.

Don't get me wrong, I love stainless and titanium bolts, I love stripping a bike down and making sure everything is cleaner/better working order than it was before, I oggle at anything Ohlins, or carbon, or exotic, I drool at Brembo Monoblocks, the latest and greatest trinkets that money can buy.

But for some weird reason, that bike doesn't do anything for me - not in the way that £25k should do.

A tidy £14k RC30, with a race can howling around Box Hill bypass is enough to make me fall to my needs in a mess of tears, an £18k Ducati 999R gleaming at a bike meet will send me straight to the nearest lavatory with a box of Kleenex, a £250 CG125 with knackered everything will remind me how great the world is...but that R1....don't know why....but it's just kinda m'eh. Neutral

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 25 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending the crash bungs away to an engineering place to get them skimmed to remove stone chips?

What a cunt.

ytrewq321
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:55 - 26 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

read through the whole thread and like a few other people was not wowed, i think the lack of a paintjob did that though, the ducati 749R has carbon fairings and they painted them and they look great, but un painted carbon looks Neutral its not new to people any more , ive seen those wheels before and those BST are nice, probably the best thing on the bikes apart from the suspension and brakes

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 26 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Sending the crash bungs away to an engineering place to get them skimmed to remove stone chips?

What a cunt.

If i would of said that i'd of gotten neg karma. Laughing
But agree with you completely, just seems... abit... Neutral

Damon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 26 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love stainless and titanium bolts, I love stripping a bike down and making sure everything is cleaner/better working order than it was before, I oggle at anything Ohlins, or carbon, or exotic, I drool at Brembo Monoblocks, the latest and greatest trinkets that money can buy.

But for some weird reason, that bike doesn't do anything for me - not in the way that £25k should do.

A tidy £14k RC30, with a race can howling around Box Hill bypass is enough to make me fall to my needs in a mess of tears, an £18k Ducati 999R gleaming at a bike meet will send me straight to the nearest lavatory with a box of Kleenex, a £250 CG125 with knackered everything will remind me how great the world is...but that R1....don't know why....but it's just kinda m'eh. Neutral

I completely agree, you have summed it up perfectly

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 20:48 - 31 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:

I completely agree, the project is amazing. The finished project was very much underwhelming.

Gaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flipsta
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:04 - 31 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, It wows me, but not like £25,000 should wow me... lol

unspec
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 31 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing, but all that top-end gear and you know it will just be used for photoshoots.

What a waste man! Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 180 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1