Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hmmm Absinthe 72.5%?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Hmmm Absinthe 72.5%? Reply with quote

Just bought a bottle of Hapsburg Absinthe 72.5%vol, to get tipsy on my cousins 31st birthday, this saturday we are going in a limousine from south east london to a club called Strawberry Moon in Maidstone Kent.

How many shots should i take cos im thinking of taking 2 shots and leave at that but then im unsure of whether to try 3 shots?

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practise tonight.

Some people can handle more then others.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course you do it entirely at your own risk , and everybody who posts here is only posting an opinion which you don't have to listen to,

and yup , take a few tonight so you don't look like a pussy and fall over when really on the town.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

westy2006
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a bottle of black absynthe from holiday and it was 80%.
i had one shot and was sick instantly!
now i normaly do a shot before i go out and im fine!

Kam
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:10 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absinthe - My favourite drink. I was takin sneaky shots of my sisters bottle when i was like 14 so for some reason, i'm never sick off it and LOVE the taste. To get tipsy, i'd recommend 3 shots to be honest. But if you'd be mixing it with pints and stuff later, I reckon 2 should do. Up 2 u though and as flip said, practice tonight

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:42 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alcohol content is irrelevant. It's the wormwood that makes you see the green fairies.

You need to burn it in a spoonful of sugar to activate the wormwood.

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe Stinkwheel can sort you out some Ketamine, you'll see little green fairies then.... Cool

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 06 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 shots will get you on your way. Had a bottle one night between a few mates, one managed 8 shots before he was violently sick on the way home.

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:17 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

At work weve been told were not allowed to serve absinthe Confused

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do they stock it then?

When I managed a bar I only served it to those who I thought could 'handle it'.

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 or 4, 3 is an odd number and odd numbers bring bad karma!

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:10 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show it respect. Probably a better idea to have a couple/few shots sober before you go, rather than getting out the bottle when you're p!ssed, silly and lacking judgement.
It isn't really a 'drink' in the normal sense of the word.
My mate brought back a bottle of 'Stroh' from Austria that was 80%. A dab on the finger was enough to set the mouth on fire but after a while we managed about 5 shots. I had a curry, went to bed and woke up at 4am thinking my throat was bleeding and my guts were going to fall out. The pain was immense. Take it easy.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 10:50 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 3 colours at home, black green and red. They are 80, 75 and 79%. We used to lit them then down the shots.

I didn't like it that much and also it gets you a different kind of drunk, not really the same as most spirits/larger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:15 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its vile stuff, unless you do the whole sugar burning thing.

Then its actually quite nice + sends you loopy.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 12:24 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a pint.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

one 175ml of wine will get me tipsy & another 175ml of wine gets me quite pissed another 175ml of wine and im totally pisssed im a bit of a pussy when it comes to drink!

As for beer dude i went out to O'neils once had a pint of shandy carling then thought im a big boy and went and had a pint of stella, i was well pissed and ended up being sick.

Dont really drink much so ive decided that im gonna take 2 shots and see how it goes.

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
Why do they stock it then?

They dont, they had too many people passing out after drinking it.
Theyve still got some stock left but we arent allowed to serve it

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 10 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who hire out limos for drunken nights out make me laugh. It's like ''I know lets pretend we're rich for the night! but act like common scum!''

The funniest thing was last saturday lunchtime I saw a streched Hummer pull up in the Lidl car park ''oooh there must be a celeb in there! I thought (not) Rolling Eyes Laughing

A heard of 14yr olds roll out the back straight into Lidls to by as much cheap booze as they can carry. I imagine 2 hours later the poor diver was mopping out chunder for the rest of the day. Lovely.

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cqueen wrote:
I imagine 2 hours later the poor diver was mopping out chunder for the rest of the day. Lovely.

And mopping up in scuba gear is real tricky! Wink

All of it.

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 14:30 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
As for beer dude i went out to O'neils once had a pint of shandy carling then thought im a big boy and went and had a pint of stella, i was well pissed and ended up being sick.

After reading that, I'd revise to 1 shot or less on the night out if you want to last more than 30 minutes.

DaveS
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:55 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
The alcohol content is irrelevant. It's the wormwood that makes you see the green fairies.

Am I right in thinking that you get some absinthe soaked sugar and burn it on a spoon then mix it into the drink?

I never knew that the wormwood has an affect other than that of alcohol so never tried it myself. I might now!

..DaveS

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to do that to yourself?

DaveS
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:00 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Do you just burn some sugar and put it in? How does this 'activate' the wormwood and what effect does it have?

I never knew that the wormwood does anything in addition to that of the alcohol. I've only ever tried it as shots when i've been very drunk. Might experiment!

..DaveS

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:44 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wormwood is actively haullocenogenic and Absinth is banned in most European countries because of this. It is strongly flavoured because wormwood is very bitter to the taste.

Salvador Dhali and Picasso were both keen Absinth drinkers, as was van Gough.

Yes, you soak a spoonful of sugar in the absinth and light it, the sugar starts to caramelise. When it has become a liquid, you stir it into the rest of the glass. You are then supposed to pour it into a glass of water and drink it like that.

More traditionally, others would hold that you should slowly drip iced water over a perforated spoon full of sugar into the drink. This causes the drink to go a milky colour. It would be usual to use five parts of water to one part Absinth.

It shouldn't be drunk straight.

You are taking drugs, not doing shooters. Take your time to prepare them properly.

An absinth spoon
https://www.absinthebuyersguide.com/images/glass_spoon_saucer_sm.gif

DaveS
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:06 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend Karma Thumbs Up

..DaveS
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2