Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

London and it's mayoral candidates

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 26 Jul 2006    Post subject: London and it's mayoral candidates Reply with quote

Got linked this the other day. Anyone here actually living in London have an opinion? Sounds like she's got a hard job on her hands should she get elected Shocked Also rather curious. WTF is a "ken tax"?

LINK

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 12:51 - 26 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't live in London but taking an interest as what happens there will spread to other cities. I'm just waiting for the next congestion zone announcement for somewhere outside London.

This bit made me smile
from link wrote:
...a pledge to introduce US-style policing to tackle the capital's violent street crime...
...so that's Rodney King beatings all round then Wink Very Happy

'ken tax' is the congestion charges - see here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 26 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have our own version of Rodney King ,

Delbo King who was caught on CCTV 'attacking' the fists and feet of 4 coppers,

And the police who were caught on camera (surprised the CCTV tapes did not vanish) were cleared by the IPPC.

And before somebody asks , he is an ex para , and served queen and country.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 20:42 - 26 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briefly read some of her stuff and it just goes to the opposite of what Ken says, although alot of that certainly makes a great deal of sense.

Quote:
an extra 600 police to guard Tube stations

This is stupid, if she actually spent 5 minutes in London she'd realise people are more worried about getting mugged/stabbed/raped than getting blown up. I'm all for more Police on the streets, but don't go for publicity by saying they will be in the Tube/train stations.

Edit: As to the Rodney King thing, if they guy was a known criminal who had doen some pretty serious things, admittedly almost impossible to know on the spot, then I'd have no problem with said person being beaten to a point where they were unable to feed themselves ever again.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 26 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:

Edit: As to the Rodney King thing, if they guy was a known criminal who had doen some pretty serious things, admittedly almost impossible to know on the spot, then I'd have no problem with said person being beaten to a point where they were unable to feed themselves ever again.

note my point Delbo King was an ex para and not like Rodney, wile Rodney can be villified (a wife beating git, who went on to rape hookers and do drugs after)as he was a criminal before and after the event.

But then again its a lose lose situation ie like chavs you beat them up too badly , it might feel good for those few minutes , but it'll feel bad when taxes go up up and away to pay for his dole cheque, (I heartilly recommend a move away from the pyramid scheme which social security runs on in the UK).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 27 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

F**k having that bint running the city!

OK, Ken is far from perfect, but what skeleton's does she have lurking in her closet.

I like Ken, he puts his foot in it with the press, and so he should. Most journalists are c*nts who will side whatever story will get the headline.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 21:12 - 28 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

note my point Delbo King was an ex para and not like Rodney,

according to this link, https://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/mar2004/brit-m24.shtml

delbo wasnt exactly innocent of any wrong doing, and didnt exactly come quietly

obviously the police shouldnt have then used it as an excuse to give him a good kicking, but if he hadnt been causing trouble, he would not have got the kicking.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:20 - 28 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

LH-ER5 wrote:
F**k having that bint running the city!

OK, Ken is far from perfect, but what skeleton's does she have lurking in her closet.

I like Ken, he puts his foot in it with the press, and so he should. Most journalists are c*nts who will side whatever story will get the headline.

Ken is an utter twat, who epitomises everything that is bad about this country and its political system. His worst attribute is his constant weasely whine of "it's for your own good" as he claws yet more money from our pockets.

I'm a Tory and so biased in this case, but she talks a lot of sense, and has a lot of policy ideas that I agree with.

map wrote:

...so that's Rodney King beatings all round then!

Most of London could probably stand a few such incidents.

The case of Mr King is an interesting one - I don't remember the footage too clearly, but I do know that to the uninitiated, restraint of a suspect can often look excessive when it isn't. Not necessarily the case here, but worth bearing in mind.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 28 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
Itchy wrote:

note my point Delbo King was an ex para and not like Rodney,

according to this link, https://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/mar2004/brit-m24.shtml

delbo wasnt exactly innocent of any wrong doing, and didnt exactly come quietly

obviously the police shouldnt have then used it as an excuse to give him a good kicking, but if he hadnt been causing trouble, he would not have got the kicking.

thats not a very good excuse though , so you were caught speeding = green light to give you a kicking?,

its not ok to attack people who break into your home after they have been subdued, same situation here,

And another point (have you seen the actual video?) , a passer buy makes a comment (unheard) the cop doesn't like this and decides to set on the passer by as well, it this acceptable ? , just cus cops don't like you you can be persecuted?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 28 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is so getting out of hand in that cops NEVER have any responsibility

they shoot innocent people carrying table legs , no charges ,

they shoot a naked man in his bed in Liverpool no charges

They shoot a brazilian guy alter the records erase the CCTV no charges,

its much like the driving anology people fresh from their tests stick to the law for fear of its wrath , they then get away with stuff thinking they were caught and have scant regard for the law because they know they can get away with alot of illegal stuff.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 314 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1