|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:33 - 01 Aug 2006 Post subject: Paying back student loans? |
 |
|
Should I pay it back? ,
I currently owe the government £3.5K, they are charging me 3% £115 a year on it or around that , while I'm typing it is earning me 4.75% interest or £130 (after tax) , whatcha reckon should I pay it back? ,
or leave it to rot in that account since who knows about the future and I'll never be able to borrow money that cheaply ever again.
Its just something that crosses my mind now and again since I don't like to borrow money period.
Any suggestions?
Thanks ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mrs Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mrs Kickstart Brolly Dolly
Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:24 - 01 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
While it is free/profit making keep it like you say you will never get it that cheap agaim
Regards
Charlotte ____________________ Help fight the safety camera partnerships -- www.pepipoo.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Major_Grooves |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Major_Grooves The Doctor

Joined: 10 May 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:05 - 01 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Tax!?
Put as much of it as you can into an ISA. You might as well make as much money as you can out of it.
When I was at uni, most of my friends put their loans into the Clydesdale bank. Once it was in there, the bank would pay the interest throughout your uni time, and you could do what you want with it, so most of them invested it and made a few hundred pounds by the end of the course.
Me - I just spent it on guitars and shit!  ____________________ About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cagiva gezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cagiva gezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FreshAL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FreshAL Sir Crashalot

Joined: 04 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:15 - 02 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
No! don't do it. Keep their money.
I owe them £20k+ and they are only deducting £60/month from my salary. Where else are you ever going to get a loan that cheap?
OK, I spent all mine on rent, food, booze and drugs but I don't regret a penny of it If you can save it and make some money, go for it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|