Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


True Honda CG125 or import impressionist CG125?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

New foreign CG125 replica or second hand Honda CG125?
Honda CG125
91%
 91%  [ 22 ]
Foreign CG125
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

Author Message

antv119d
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: True Honda CG125 or import impressionist CG125? Reply with quote

Hi there,

This is my first post and i am asking for some help here. I am looking to do my CBT in the near future but do not know which 125cc bike to get whilst i get the experience to take either my A1 or DAS.

I'm 24 and weigh 15st. I am concious of the young racers on sport versions of race bikes, yes the bikes are nice but i want to learn how to ride safely, not flash. My dad rides cruiser style bikes now after owning a suzuki GT750 (which i used to ride on the back of) which is very nice.

I have already decided that i do not want a sports bike so early in my riding lifetime and like the look of the CG125's mainly because the reviews of them say that they are cheep to run (good thing as i'm a student). I have noticed that there are many japanese or chinese CG125 replica's available out there for around £700 new.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of these imports and what would you lot advise me to do?
____________________
I'd rather be hated for who i am than loved for who i'm not
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tomkapsalis
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would go for an old cg as everyone has told me they are bulletproof and you are bound to get much more use out of it before it dies.
Incidentally I have a chinese 4 stroke scooter that I aquaplaned this morning and there nice little runners as long as there peds but bikes makes like lifan, kinroad, hongdou arent too good when it comes to 125 cg copies. Hope this helps
____________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DynamiteBoy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A second hand CG should hold its value better than a cheaper copy...I bought my cg last winter and sold it on in spring with £50 profit...

Overall cheap to run and highly enjoyable entrance into biking for me...

Also im sure i read somewhere that the Korean bikes are built with better quality parts (bolts etc) than the chinese equivalents. Good luck with whatever you choose...
____________________
"I dont like my Job anymore - I dont think i'll go" OfficeSpace

Honda CG125 (sold) - Kawasaki GPZ500s (sold) - Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (sold) - Kawasaki er6n (current work horse)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.37 Sec - Server Load: 2.04 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 37.89 Kb