Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

5 Years of Riding, been fun too

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 23:04 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: 5 Years of Riding, been fun too Reply with quote

Hi
Well seeing as it’s coming up to my 5th anniversary of riding, I’d thought I’d document this milestone of mine with a short(ish) post of how its gone.

Ok 1st of, Luke’s Stats

Length of Riding : 4 Years 10 Months
Bikes Owned: 7
Approximate mileage: 60,000 Miles
Number of crashes: 1
Points, claims, convictions: 0

Goals Accomplished
GMKD
Done a trackday
Ridden long distances
Can wheelie (sort of)
Ridden proper sports bikes
Not crashed on the road
Gone off-roading
Drag raced

Future Goals
Bigger longer higher wheelies
Rolling burnouts
More track-days
Go racing
Touring abroad
To own a proper inline 4 litre bike
Not crash

Well it all started in the summer of 2000, whilst on holiday abroad there wasn’t much on TV, only decent channel was Eurosport. One weekend they were showing MotoGP, something I wouldn’t have watched, but seeing as there was nothing else on I did. One weekend later I was hooked. Fascinated by the nutters going round on bikes, all the 125 racers really going for it and crashing here there and everywhere. I loved it.

1st day of term back at Sixth form after the summer hols, still dreaming about having a bike but thinking it was an unattainable fantasy, my mate turns up on a Derbi GPR 50.

OMG no fucking way. I immediately pounced on it like a hyped up teenager. I loved it was the best thing I had ever seen and was so Jealous.

Right im getting bike, so a few weeks later joined up to the supermarket named Sainsburys and started saving up for my very own bike. At first I was set on getting an RS125. Whilst saving up and working a guy at work had a zzr1100 I was in ore of it all the time, everytime I walked past it I would whisper sweet nothings in its ear Very Happy.

With my money building up and not being able to resist I went out and purchased a full set of leathers a helmet, some gloves and some boots. Was fully kitted out, but had to drag the whole lot from Infinity motorcycles to my house via the train station, was worth it though Thumbs Up.

Now with all my gear the zzr1100 owner said he would take me on the back, I leapt at the chance. I was really nervous when I got on it and was pretty much shitting myself. With me holding on a tight as a tight thing he got to a long straight and opened the fucker up.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Too fast TOO FAST! I thought to myself, I didn’t have time to enjoy it, too busy crapping myself with my eyes closed LOL.

Funny thing was made me want a bike more Very Happy.

After 9 months of saving at shitty Sainsburys I was finally close to getting my bike. As I said I was keen on getting an RS125, in the meantime my mate had purchased on (same guy with the GPR50) lucky cunt. He was having quite a lot of trouble with it and after finding the site www.nsr125.com I decided to go for the Honda option instead. A few weeks before getting my bike my mate crashed his RS125 on the way back from Sixth form, was a very bad smash, totalled the bike, and tore the aorta in his heart needing major heart surgery.

https://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2002%5C06%5C20%5Cbikepics-29274-full.jpg

This fucked me up a bit, but mate recovered and encouraged me to a bike still.

Well in October 2001 I finally got my hands on my 1st bike a Honda NSR125 2000 model costing me £2200 notes.

https://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2002%5C04%5C23%5Cbikepics-24041-full.jpg

We got it from Kent and my dad had to ride it all 70 miles back with my leathers and helmet LOL, also I had been fiddling with the bike after I got it and proceeded to turn the fuel tap off, which didn’t amuse my dad while he suddenly lost power going round the M25 Embarassed my bad.

Past my CBT on the 2nd time of asking, even though I went through a red light the 2nd time, go figure, they failed me the 1st time because I didn’t know some street signs, they didn’t even take me out.

Completely shat myself on the way home 1st time on the road by myself was very nerve racking. Nearly came off going round a corner and hadn’t really figured out the whole leaning thing.

2 weeks later binned it on a wet round-a-bout, just grabbed the front break in a panic and rolled off it, only damage was a broken indicator.

Proceeded to hoon it about like a complete twat, mainly trying to get my knee down, it was all I wanted to do, trying to emulate the racers I watched on TV.

One day I just did it, shit myself the 1st time my knee slider scrapped along the tarmac, I was so chuffed with myself, I woo hoo’d into my helmet and punched the air, I was very proud of the minute scrape on my knee slider and proceeded to show it off to everyone I could. I was now a roundabout warrior.

https://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2002%5C06%5C14%5Cbikepics-28573-full.jpg

Went everywhere on it, including Boxhill for BCF meets, and even Chelsea bridge on one occasion.

Old skool BCF meets, Cool

https://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2002%5C10%5C27%5Cbikepics-41333-full.jpg

A year later after saving my pennies and taking my theory test, I managed to get my full license at the first time of asking. On the same day I went to a local mechanic where I got my 1st proper bike, a 1989 Honda VFR NC30, it was gorgeous and in mint condition.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=38102

The NSR was relegated to the garage and was later sold to a fellow BCF’er syfoon. It was sad to see it go but after going through 3 engines and about £1800 in general repairs (all mechanical failures, seized engines and so on) tyres etc it had to go. Though syfoon’s brother crashed it on the way back from picking it up.

I was loving the VFR it was a great bike to move up from, it was a bit small and uncomfortable, but I didn’t care, even managed to go 2 up on it to Devin a few times and even Sheffield once Very Happy.

The VFR was the 1st bike I did a track day on. I tagged along with G and chucked the NC30 in a trailer to be taken to Snetterton.

I was very nervous and was raining in the morning so the 1st session was very wet, still managed to kick arse, going way to quick for the conditions doing about 5 people in 1 corner. Though my over confidence would come turn round and kick me in the face in the 2nd session.

It was still wet and was chasing another BCF’er on his RVF, it was war and I had to kick his arse, I did and lapped him Very Happy. As I went to overtake him the 2nd time I put the power on a little too early and managed to get the back step out a long way, though I didn’t really learn a lesson, as I proceeded to do the same the next lap this time chucking me.

I remember sliding on my arse looking at my bike sliding down revvet straight thinking “hmm I shouldn’t be able to see my bike form this angle”, “fuck”, “at least sliding”, until I started to bounce and roll like a rag doll, “ouch oooch each”.

My mint NC30 my pride and joy, thrown down the road by a overconfident twat. I was really pissed of and proceeded to go a bit nuts at myself, thus originating the famous “dance” video which I think is floating round on Google vids (cheers G) Very Happy..

During having the NC30 I managed to go drag racing a few times, a few times at the Bulldog Bash weekend and once at a straight-liners event in Elvington. Both were great, both the dragging and BCF meet ups, both of which included vast amounts of alcohol, so wired stuff made in a pan which included tomato sauce, peperarmi and tooothpast to name only a few ingrediants.Was agreat laugh, such fun moments include:

Locking goose in a porta-loo and getting a bollocking from a hells angel resulting in ste getting his bike keys taken off him.

Cling-filming Zimmas firestorm to death, and Stew posing on it with just a quaver packet hiding his modesty

A drunk guy pwning his own tent by comically staggering and falling into it Laughing

In order left to right, front line 1st. Goose, Stew, Me, Dean, M, and TheGingerOne I think? on the way to elvington. (G bendy and kev in the van trying to dodge goose doing stupid manouvers, boy did he get a telling off from bendy Very Happy

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=38101

Me and stew lining up at elvington
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/elv13.jpg

The nc30 was never the same, all scuffed and scratched up and held together with gaffa tape, I rode it for a while before setting my sights on something a bit more exciting. Dusty (alex (g’s housemate (lauras bitch))) Very Happy was looking to sell his R6 for a bit of cash. With the help of a student loan and him selling it to me with a 2k deposit and letting me pay off the last £1k over a few months. It was a 1999 blue R6,

https://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004%5C01%5C09%5Cbikepics-95545-full.jpg

Again mint condition, down-geared braided hoses (purple, shrug), completely mental, buy did it put a mahoosive smile on my face. Was great bike and being down geard to fuck I started to practise wheelies,

https://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004%5C04%5C24%5Cbikepics-140080-full.jpg

Wasn’t very good but managed to pull off a few decent ones Wink. Though I think I pulled a few too many. As normal was popping wheelies hear ther and everywhere, popped another one, “grunch rattle rattle rattled” L

Managed to pop a spark plug taking the thread with it, managed to ride it to infinity motorcycles they quoted me about £1k to fix it or £800 to trade it in, wtf? Fuck that shit.

Bendy nicely got her trailer and picked it up for me. G let me borrow his RS250 while I sorted it out. Luckily was able to sell it to a dealer who done up track bikes for £2000, only had it for 3 months and £1k gone just like that L. No wonder alex was so eager to sell it to me Wink.

Rode round on the rs250, was a quality bike, hard to ride, but this made it more fun.
One day at Bendy’s she slapped me about a bit and made me look for a bike, there and then. Few hours later I was riding back from Hemel Hamstead on a 1998 Bandit 600.

https://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004%5C08%5C16%5Cbikepics-196291-full.jpg

Yes it was that comfy, and no my legs arnt shaven they just look it in the pic Wink.

Not what I would normally would have bought, but with 20k miles on the clock and a £1800 price tag it was a bargain. Was a good bike, great commuter and could chuck it about quite a bit even with avon touring tyres Very Happy. Not really much else to say about it not the most exciting bike in the world but hey did the job.

By now I was quite into the whole trackday thing so decided to purcase my own track bike. Managed to find a decent Honda VFR400 NC30, ex race bike. Everything I needed for the track for only £1200.

https://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005%5C06%5C21%5Cbikepics-378774-800.jpg

Was great and all set up for the track, did a few track days on her, 1 at Snetterton and 2 at Cadwell, was pumped into inters on it and was fairly quick on it, though Mike was a little bit quicker on his zxr400 the git. Very Happy.

With the bandit only being my mode of transport I didn’t do much socially bike wise became a bit of a recluse when it came to biking,.

Now after a short stint on an offroader in the valleys of Oxford or something, I had got the off-roading bug. With a bit of extra cash floating about (WTF?) I cast my eye over a nice little Enduro bike on EBAY.

800 notes and a quick lift from bendy (or should I say magical fairies Razz ) I was the proud owner of 3 bikes

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=38099

Not for long though, the money for the RMX was temporarily borrowed (those fairies again Wink ), so it was time to sell the race VFR, was sad to see it go but for £1100 I only lost £100, not bad for 3 trackdays, seeing as renting a bike costs £200 a pop.

So then there were 2.

With my new off-roader I decided to do some off-roading, well obviously. I contacted my local Trial Riders Fellowship (TRF) to what they did. Without further a-do I was green laneing around Bracknell and Reading. Was pretty cool, splashing through fords, knee high in water, bounding through mud all lovely stuff, even a pub lunch.

Soon I was to take a few fellow BCF’ers on the trail, inducing countless fun Very Happy

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=38098

Now after having the bandit for a long time, and not having a track-bike I had no way of getting my aggressive riding out.

Que a quick 2up trip on a CBR125, wasn’t too bad once you got shifting, its all about momentum.

Anyway one 2up trip on a cbr125 later I was the proud owner of a torque machine, or Sv1000s, 2003 model.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=32592

Great bike and I will finally admit it, great for commuting. Don’t get me wrong this thing shifts and is great round the bends too, maybe a little squidgy and a bit slow to drop into the corners, but still could be ridden quite hard, as I found at even more at a track-day at Lydden, probably not the best track for the bike but still managed to pwn Very Happy. Ok I was in novices but I hadn’t done a track-day for a long while.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=38103

Also managed to pwn a few fellow BCF’ers Wink

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=34301

Now its 2006 and after getting a new job I’m on a bit more money, im looking for a supersport 600, recently ridden a Dayatona 675, GSX-R600, Ducatti 749, and soon a CBR600RR, be sure to look out for “Luke’s Supersport 600 review” soon

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CoronaBoner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Like the "punched the air" bit, reminds me of something Thinking

That smash that your mate had sounds fucking horrible, how long did it take him to recover?

Still you have an interesting biking history, more interesting then mine. Just need to go and grow some leg hair now you poof Laughing

Cluck cluck chicken
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 00:36 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice read
dont think ive seen anything longer than 3 lines from you before, but that was great

its nice when people make such an effort to add content and give us all something nice to read
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rob-B
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:49 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

brooky
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:11 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent write up mate, I found that really interesting cant beleive how many bikes you've had.

Im going to be after an off roader myself in the next couple of months - Something like a XL600.

Trackdays are something I must look into also.

Cheers mate
J

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 18:50 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
anders wrote:
The best thread you have EVER posted, you are one of the best.
Love is in the air! take it easy brother, live in good health and nover forget the roots.

Thumbs Up Karma

Ewww stalker! Shifty

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection of bikes Thumbs Up

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should get a webpage of your own, and write all this up on that, and make a feature of it...get people to join in with their piccies and stories.

It would certainly keep you occupied in doing something nice for a change....rather than the bitch you usually portray yourself to be.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:29 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:

It would certainly keep you occupied in doing something nice for a change....rather than the bitch you usually portray yourself to be.

Now, now, some of us were thinking it but no one was actually saying it ! lol

He says he can take stuff tho so i guess i shdnt worry about his feelings Smile

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 21:03 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

no go ahead, makes the forum worth reading

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:38 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read Thumbs Up Cool Liked the first nc30 you owned Mr. Green

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:06 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good write up Luke, your best post yet i'd say (possible because most of them are abuse) lol

That RS crash looked horrible, that would have made me think twice about starting out i think.

Smile Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 15:14 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice writeup, gotta love that '30 - especially in those colours. Thumbs Up

I'm predicting an influx of BCFer's Biographies....

Dark
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A damn good read Luke! Thumbs Up

Your reaction to your first ever time on a bike was comical to read but similar to most Razz

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those crash pics are nasty Shocked
anders This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!

PostPosted: 02:54 - 16 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent thread Luke! Still don't rekon you could have pwned me at Lydden.

Oh, and the "Dance" video Luke mentions..

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4856683077124830941&q=luke+snetterton

Gaz Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Going2fast
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 16 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lil' write up there Thumbs Up
Nice one Very Happy Thumbs Up

Slickfish
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:43 - 16 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one mate! Cool Cool Cool

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 16:19 - 16 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Theres actaully quite alot of text there, about 6 pages on word (font 12 Razz) but i think the pictures break it up nicely.

Cheers wave and everyone else for the good feedback.

Now go right your own intresting stuff Smile

Luke

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 16:21 - 16 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Hi
Theres actaully quite alot of text there, about 6 pages on word (font 12 Razz) but i think the pictures break it up nicely.

Cheers wave and everyone else for the good feedback.

Now go right your own intresting stuff Smile

Luke

ive only been riding 2 years, ive got so much more interesting stuff to come, maybe next year.

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:24 - 16 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent read.

Its posts like this and killas which make bcf interesting to read Thumbs Up

Should be more imo

msgander
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:11 - 16 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo luke tell me more about the portaloo incident, didnt know about that one lol!!

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 22:25 - 16 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Porta-loos have pad lock holes on the door's, i guess for storage or when not in use, anyway ste so happened to have a little padlock.

Anyway, we conjured up a plan, the next BCF'er to use the bogs we would lock in.

Up steps MR unsupecting goosey.

WE all leg it up to the door and hold it shut, while ste fixes the padlock, goose panics and tries to but open the door, it was plastic and bending a hell of a lot. We are all pissing ourselves.

Suddenly a big hells angel runs up and starts shouting

"cheese it"

we let goose out and leg it.

We all leg it (well me anyway) then the hells angel comes over to our pitch, and ask for the keys for the padlock.

Ste owns up and and the dude just takes em, remembering that the keys to his zx6 are on the same chain Neutral

Ste and kev and other have a massive argument, because kev is scared the hells angels are going to kill us Laughing

Ste spends all of next morning looking for his keys, he finally gets them of another hells angel and say the joke we played was pretty funny and the guy who took the keys was a "fucking prospect" lol

Oh those were the days Thumbs Up

Luke
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2