Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Deauville comfy seat?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Runt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 21 Aug 2006    Post subject: Deauville comfy seat? Reply with quote

Just finished my first long run on the bike with the missus.
220 miles, 1 stop and 5 traffic jams in 4 1/2 hours.
Now the missus failed to tell me that after the first stop at 95 miles (1hr 20 mins, 2 Jams at this point) that was as far time wise she wanted to go due to a painful rear.In fact 1 hour was her preferred time on the bike as i found out coming back avoiding motorways, not that I have a problem with that as its supposed to be fun after all.
So after a further 114ish miles and no rest areas in site I find out that she's not a happy bunny. (And i thought intercom was a good idea!)
Stopped as soon as we could off at M6 junc 16.
SO with all this in mind can anyone give me any ideas as to where I can find a good 3rd party seat?
By the way it rained a lot on the 18th so anyone else doing any distance on the M6 that evening/night has my sympathy.

Dave_ZedDragen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 21 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The options I can think of are:
Sargeant seats
www.sargentcycle.com

Corbin seats
www.corbin.com

Bagster seats
https://www.bagster.com/en/
https://www.baglux.co.uk/

Theres also the Tribo seat cover which is obviously a fraction of the price and less drastic for you try out. may even be more comfortable due to her bum cheeks not havinmg to clentch so hard to grip the seat Laughing :
https://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/prodimages/Tribo-Seat-Cover.jpg

https://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt306/zeddragen/zeddragensig-1.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:56 - 22 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe try to get her to sit in a different way so it wont hurt so much

try different positions

and find one that works

(ooooh-err--missus)

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:20 - 22 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

see if the old NTV650 seat fits , its the same bike more or less under neath the seat for the NTV650 is MUCH much thicker though that might just be the fact that the body work doesn't go so high on the NTV650, and I can do 700+ mile runs on that thing and feel ok , only ok though not great.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 11:11 - 22 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't say you were uncomfortable so I'm assuming it's only the pillion part that's a problem.
You might want to think about getting it recovered with a gel pack in the pillion part. Ok, if doing that you might want to treat yourself too Very Happy

For recovering and gel packs I'd recommend Tony Archer.
Unit 7D, Riverside Works, Bradley Mill Road, Huddersfield HD1 6PQ.

'phone 01484 536832 to discuss what you need. If you live close enough he might have a spare seat you can use while he covers yours.

Alternative is as suggested see if there's an alternative sitting position or if the pillion pegs can be moved or altered. I've seen toureres with the big flat cruiser style footrests fitted to the pillion before.

HTH Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Runt
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 22 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good advice thanks guys will start searching, by the way anyone know anything about the Airhawk system?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1