Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Palmers biking history (Short obviously)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 14:52 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Palmers biking history (Short obviously) Reply with quote

(Sorry, but i feel inspired)

Started in late 2004.
When my mums lottery numbers came up.
My dad had liked bike all his life,until i arrived, and had to stop and saw the chance to get back into it. After buying himself cbr600rr, i decided bikes were absolutely awsome. Went on the back of it every chance i could get. Then my dad thought id be ready to learn to ride and bought me an AR50 for £500 (much like killers) it was also fast for a 50, with a bored out 80cc top end to a 90cc, different gearing, micron exhaust and an odd looking carb. Could wheelie forever. Rode around on this for 2 years. Taking it down the riverbank where there was acres of unused fields and dirt roads. Rode the bike through summer, was fun. But it was the winter where we (me and a friend) decided that bikes were amazing.

There was at least 3 inches of snow on the ground. White everywhere. We sat on our machines (Ar50, mates h100) in the middle of one of the fields, full of thick short grass wich was slippery as hell even when dry. Off we went drifting at scary speeds, getting faster and faster around the track we had accidentally made. Bombing it up to the road to practice wheelies and the like.
Down this road is a gravel pile, not that high, maybe 6/7 foot up. Me being a fearless (idiotic) youth decided to try and go ovet it at speed. It all went well until i got to the top, and the gravel gave way, and the bike landed on me exhaust side down and burnt a nice bit of my leg off...

I loved every second of that bike, but after being under water twice, ran into the ground, and thrown across dikes. It gave up, and was sold a couple of months ago for £60

My 2nd bike is my current RS50. Bought last october for £1700 it is the (currently) most expensive thing i own. I was amazed at it in the showroom. And after much begging, cleaning cars, cutting grass etc, my dad bought it for me Very Happy It felt slow compared to the beast of an AR50, but handled so much better, the ride was smoother and the gearchange cleaner. It sounded like a mouse fart in a bean tin, so a few months after getting it i bought a Kundo race exhaust for it. After fitting the sound didnt change... F8ck sake i thought, £180 wasted. But i didnt relise exhausts need to settle in, and within 2 months it was LOUD. Now it sounds like a mouse fart in a megaphone. So far ive done around 5000miles and im loving every second. Even after snapping a crank shaft, taking the whole bike+engine apart, then having to replace it, i still love it. (never ever taking the engine apart again).

Well thats it. Probably not as interesting as others, as ive only been riding for a few years.
Hope u enjoyed reading
palmer Thumbs Up

Last edited by palmer on 23:38 - 10 Jun 2007; edited 2 times in total

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the next bike still going to be the R4?

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 17:13 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That AR looked wicked mate, something to be proud of.

Good luck with biking in the furture, sounds like you know what you want out of it.

Thanks for the read!

Cool Thumbs Up

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 17:41 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should still be getting the 400 yes... may need to have a word with feef actually...

Barney
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:38 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool read and liking the AR50 Thumbs Up but not too sure about the job on those Beech trees Neutral

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read matey Smile

Also good to see you around this internet place again, you've been somewhat silent recently Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 22:05 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had things to do. Im growing up and my responsibilies are slowly increasing. Theres less and less time for sitting around on the computer Laughing

lee125
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:59 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool write up mate im liking the skulls on the AR Wink Laughing Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1